Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no motivation! gained weight!

I had my surgery in Feb 2009! the first few months i followed every rule and stayed away from bad food...

i had lost 90 lbs n was really happy! everyone around me kept complimenting me n i felt great! (starting weight 250- lowest 158lbs. now 170):unsure:

but after i would say 18 months i started to relax.. i remember exactly asking my doctor if i could have ice cream, he told me yes, fat free/ sugar free n in moderation, like a "reward" once in a while.. tht was when everything started, i started having an ice cream once in a while fat free ice cream to an almost every day regular ice cream.. then i started back on regular food, from tiny little plates to regular non lap band person plate..

well i dont want to tell my every detail.. whats going on is that I am eating a lot... and bad food choices...

i met a co worker that has lost 100 lbs in 4 months.,. he has a motivation that i envy,, i feel like a loser, ashamed, n specially like i've thown the greatest opportunity to be happy n lose weight away..

someone please help me :(

It's time to stand up for yourself, remember why you started this journey and what you wanted to look or feel like when you reached your finish line. Think about how you felt when you were at your heaviest and then how you felt at your lightest. Which did you prefer? Why? Can you remember some of your NSV's and how great those moments make you felt? Take one step forwards and you are back on your road to success. Don't wait for tomorrow to start, do it right now. Decide to make a healthier food choice or take that first exercise step.

You know you want to do it. After all, isn't that why you posted here?

Amen! You may need to get a little tighter fill to give you some stronger restraint. You have the tool, now put it to use and get back to your happier and healthier self!

The thing I always think, but rarely say when someone posts this - the help me, I've gone off track threads - is that the very act is indicating the fact that you're still not facing the responsibility and consequences of your choices. The very decision of how to frame it - not "what are some motivational tips" but "someone please help me" is telling - its more than just a coincidental choice of words, its pleading for someone to come and make it all right so that you dont have to do it yourself.

And that inability to accept responsibility is a prime trait in every single overweight person. The ones who succeed are the ones who suddenly understand that weight loss really IS simple, if you simply accept the fact that you make choices and you wear the consequence. But read through this board and you'll see its endemic - I'm fat for this reason, for that reason, I cant lose weight because I'm stressed, or I have a bad hip and cant exercise (so somehow that means I'm excused for my diet as well), yada yada yada. That victim mentality is alive and well, whether it causes obesity or is a result of obesity I cant figure out, but one thing is true - ditching it is the single most important step towards a thin life.

You do sound like a fill might be a good idea though - this tool doesnt work that well if you dont keep it tuned up.

Honestly, everyone here has sympathy for the situation you're in, everyone here has been there, and everyone here knows what its like. But only YOU can fix it.

Think about it, on a deep level. We can all give you support, which you deserve like everyone deserves. We can all tell you what works for us in this situation or that, which can sometimes give you food for thought or even lead to a lightbulb moment where you suddently get it. But we cant truly help you, you have to do that yourself.

What do you want more - ice cream or a healthy thin body? Its that simple. You just have to choose.

Ok, so you lost almost a hundred pounds, and now you're in the process of throwing it all away. I refuse to believe that you can actually feel good after eating all the ice cream and whatever else it is that you're eating. I'm thinking you're eating to the point where you're stuffed? That never felt good to me even when I was overeating every day. You've gained 20 pounds, the clothes fitting a bit tighter? Hope you didn't throw out your bigger clothes. A slip-up here and there for a couple days is understandable. But not this. Did something happen to make this start again?

You need to come up with a plan, and start tomorrow. Start eating right and start exercising again, because I'm guessing that stopped too. Just go back to square one. You did this already for long enough, you know what it takes.

I honestly don't think a fill is going to help. It certainly won't help with ice cream filling you up.

So you lost your motivation and slipped up. So what. You have the power to change that. But YOU have to be the one to do it. Remember...... every flower that ever bloomed had to go thru a lot of dirt to get there. Push thru the dirt and become the beautiful flower that you are. Good luck with your journey.

Come on hun, just put your clogs on. You can get rid of the extra lbs just as you did the first time round. My advice would be for you to go for an adjustment if you have not done so recently and get some exercise in.

I feel like this is an advice I should consider myself since I am not doing so brilliantly after having my fill reduced some months back. I have however, made an appointment for a fill next week and intend to get my act together.

Slips happen unless you are an angel. It`s what you do about them that matters. Own your situation and deal with it, of course with support. Should you want to, I could go into a challenge with you. Let me know.

The motivation is still inside of you. You just need to dig deep and retrieve it. Remember how you felt as you watched those pounds melt away... the compliments...the clothes you were able to wear that you could never wear before. Remember how good you felt when you walked up a flight of stairs without getting winded...the new found energy...discovering the bones you never knew you had...the first time you were able to cross your legs... Now remember all the feelings you had in the years leading up to February, 2009. The despair...the feeling of worthlessness...asking for a table because you couldn't fit in a booth...having to shop in the plus size department...the ugly clothes. Which feelings did you prefer? You lost 92 pounds and have gained back 12. Sounds like ice cream is your trigger food. GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE! Get yourself back on the band wagon. You did it once, you can do it again! Nobody else can do it for you.

When I decided to have Lap Band surgery, it was a HUGE decision for me. I had NEVER EVER had surgery in my life! I believe that having the lapband was a way for me to hold myself accountable... "Why did I put myself through this if I am going to waste it?" I remind myself of this everytime I have a relapse. Then I just pick myself up, dust myself off, and start over.

I always thought the phrase "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" was stupid, but, if amended, I can believe it.

"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING HEALTHY FEELS!"

Good luck, everyone!

This is a easy fix if you'll do it ????

Get back to the basics. No to goodies (BECAUSE THEY TRIGGER THE ADDICTION TO KICK IN) Old Habits are hard to change.

Back to the small plate NO EXCUSES AT ALL ! You know the rules !

If you need a fill get one !

Exercise some how, even walking is something. Some people say I work ! Well your lucky to have a job is my response to that.

You still need to incorporate some exercise into your life. I do 3 x a week of walking, or now it will be in the Gym. (ON MY LEVEL, NOT A TRAINER.)

You fell off the wagon, and you know it. So pick yourself up by the stones, and start again. That's all there is to it.

Motivation BULL ! You have a job to do with that tool, quit slacking, and do it.

Shirley.