Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baned yesterday now what?

All of the research, classes, appointments preop questions are all behind me. Now I feel sad and lost. Any thoughts?

Give it some time...go to the support groups....first two weeks post op are hardly

Are hard

Thanks for the support. I think I am going to try to sleep and see how the day looks tomorrow. RIght now I am very down.

Enjoy your resting while you heel.

So enjoy yourself.

Your ready for a New Life !

So happy Birthday !

That could just be the anasthetic....or the realisation that you have made a major life change. Scary, but just keep reminding yourself of why you went down this path and what you will achieve in your life as a result.

Banded yesterday as well. Just trying to heal and deal with the effects of surgery and then onward to a better quality of life. Hope you can get your spirits up soon. This is brand new day in the rest of our lives.

Why are you depressed? This is an exciting time for you, a new way of life. You'll come to love it.

I almost went there too. Its hard to stay "out of our heads" when things are different. I found a project to keep my spirits up and kept me looking to the future. Make a scrap book of where you were when you started, where you are now and cut out pics from a magazine on where you want to be. It will be a great project to keep you looking forward. Be sure to leave room for your journey. Its fun and gives you a visual goal to refer to anytime you need it. Good luck.

didnt your doctor give you instructions and follow up appointment? You should have a list of things you can eat and at what pace.

Depession and tearfulness are common side effects from surgery.....hope u feel better

I understand how you feel. I was banded on Wed. and feel sort of lost myself. Besides the surgery my foot and ankle are fractured and I have Multiple Sclerosis. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I just feel confused about what to do and eat. I have tons of information to read but I don't get all of it. I am supposed to drink up to 64 ozs a day but I'm also supposed to drink slow....How do I get that much down drinking slow with 30 min in between? I thought liquids went right down so whats the problem with drinking normal? I think once I can start walking again and be able to get back to my semi-normal life I won't feel so low. I would appreciate any of your daily menus from day 3 on just to help me get started because I'm not thinking real clear on my own right now. Really hard to explain. I have no pain and actually besides the one gas pain that is hanging around my left shoulder and very little tenderness depending on how I have to move because of my foot I wouldn't even know I had it done. Any help on meals would be appreciated.

Each doctor is different in what type of diet you are allowed after surgery....I was on Clear Liquids post op day one and clear/ full liquids from post op day 2-14.... I then went back to my dietician....did ur doctor tell you what your allowed?

As for the liquids. I drank all day. I didn't have to do 30 min in-between. It only applied when I ate something. I cannot drink until 30 min or after a meal.

I think it's very common to feel "lost" and/or "down" that first week or two. I am almost five weeks out and the first two weeks were hell for me. I just wasn't myself, was angry at the world and really just had mixed emotions. Thankfully that all went away after two weeks. I feel fantastic now, never better actually. I promise it will get better for you too. Hang in there!!