Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

skipped right over mushies.

Two weeks post op...today I went to see my dietician..... thought I would be upgraded to puree foods.....I was given the go ahead to start regular proteins....chewed, to applesauce consistancy....my mom took me to red lobster..I had shrimp scampi:) three shrimp = 3 oz....I was full:)......

WOW..... You are on solids!!! I can't wait.... I am three week post op and still on puree food.< /p>

Two weeks post op...today I went to see my dietician..... thought I would be upgraded to puree foods.....I was given the go ahead to start regular Proteins....chewed, to applesauce consistancy....my mom took me to red lobster..I had shrimp scampi:) three shrimp = 3 oz....I was full:)......

OMG. I was just coming here to post that i to was skipped right over mushies. I saw dr. today and he said i was doing so good i can start eating regular foods but soft ones. and to try eating meat. but chew chew chew. I am sitting here right now eating 2 tiny tiny hamburger sliders and about half a cup of mashed pots with gravy. I am so jazzed. I would be having green Beans to but dont have any. sad face. i love green Beans. So far it is going really well. Congrats to you. oh i am only 1 week post op. GO US. totally awesome!!!!!

Yayy...so glad to have real food

I am glad you enjoyed the shrimp...18 months after surgery and at restriction, shrimp is a no-no food for me....Shrimp Scampi...Sigh!!!

That sounds heavenly!!! Congrats :} I'm 2.5 weeks out but still on mushies. Friday I''m supposed to do fish for a week, then a week later chicken and pork, then a week later beef. If I stick to this it will be a month before I can eat decently. Don't get me wrong, I love fish, but a week of it -- yuck! I'm thinking if I can stomach the fish I will start integrating chicken and turkey sooner. Here's to solids!

joJo

Two weeks post op...today I went to see my dietician..... thought I would be upgraded to puree foods.....I was given the go ahead to start regular Proteins....chewed, to applesauce consistancy....my mom took me to red lobster..I had shrimp scampi:) three shrimp = 3 oz....I was full:)......

wow! How wonderful! I am 1 week + 4 days and still on full liquids....and kind of used to it. I NEVER would have imagined I would have lasted this long without food, esp. junk food!

So encouraging to hear 3 shrimp filled you up too!! YAY, congrats, tongue.gif