Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi November Bandsters, When Is Your Lap Band Surgery Date ?

that sucks!! i'm on the 30th so you better tell me how it goes!!! Maybe when they see how healthy you become they will come around. I know that I will get flack from some family members but I have to think about MY health and MY future with my 6 month old and my husband!!! THEY can suck it. lol

i will defiiinitely let u know how it goes! i am excited and scared at the same time, but mostly scared because of the recovery pain and the fills! I HATE NEEDLES~!! i remember crying at school when i got my flu vaccinations!! and im 20 years old now but still cannot handle the sight of needles! good luck to you as well!!:D and like you said, we have to tihnk about out own health and future! so everyone else can take a hike! HHAHA cant wait to be all sexy and fitting into a tinier size by next year this time! where abouts do you live? who is doing ur surgery? im in melbourne, aus, and getting my done by the famous paul o'brien, which is why im actually half confident atleatst!!!

I am in Canada. Dr. Mitchell is doing my surgery in Vancouver BC. Where the 2010 olimpics were.. He is one of the top surgens in Canada so that makes me feel good. As for needles, that will become a new part of our life... Think of the last one you had. You may have been scared but did it really hurt?? Prob not right. You can do it!!!

What is your BMI? how heavy are you? How much do you want to lose??

I am 225ish and want to lose at least 70 pounds..

Thanks for your motivational words! means a LOT!!

well as for my details.. im 20 years old, turn 21 in 2 weeks! my bmi is 45+, i am 176 cms in height, think that is 5"7' and i weigh 139 kilos... which if im correct is around 306 pounds, lol sorry im in aus and am used to using the metric system! i wish to lose a max of about 70 kilos which is about 155 pounds.. so i really do have a long way to go! but i lose weight fairly easily, the problem has been with keeping it off and letting it stay that way!

I am in Canada. Dr. Mitchell is doing my surgery in Vancouver BC. Where the 2010 olimpics were.. He is one of the top surgens in Canada so that makes me feel good. As for needles, that will become a new part of our life... Think of the last one you had. You may have been scared but did it really hurt?? Prob not right. You can do it!!!

What is your BMI? how heavy are you? How much do you want to lose??

I am 225ish and want to lose at least 70 pounds..

I think I do know how so I will get on it and post the info here as soon as I getter done. I have told my parents, my husband, two friends with the lap band and my sister. I will tell people if they ask but I am not going to put it all out there.

I too have told very few my husband of course, in laws, a good friend and my one daughter I will need to tell my two other adult kids when it gets closer. I was thinking I do need to tell my boss he's probably wondering why I"m going to appointments all the sudden...lol I'm in for the private Facebook so when you have it set up let me know...I'm in southern cali by the way where is everyone else from?

Hi Guys, I am from Champaign Illinois. I would love to have a private Facebook group. It is easier for me to get on there on my phone. I usually only use the computer at work. As I said before, my Lap Band is scheduled for November 3rd. I am getting very excited. I ordered the Bandwagon Book by Jean McMillian. It came on Friday and I am almost done with it. It is a wonderful resource from someone who has been through it. As for telling people, I have chosen not to. My husband, my parents and 2 close friends from church know. Luckly, my boss at work is also my husband! :D Good luck to everyone and I am thankful that we have found each other for support!

Private Facebook group is made. It is called "November 2011 lap banders" If you add me, stacey diederich-speager as your friend on facebook, then I will add you to the group. Please send me a private message to get added as I do not want my whole circle of friends and family knowing about my lap band decision just yet.

Thank you!!!!

Private Facebook group is made. It is called "November 2011 lap banders" If you add me, stacey diederich-speager as your friend on facebook, then I will add you to the group. Please send me a private message to get added as I do not want my whole circle of friends and family knowing about my lap band decision just yet.

Thank you!!!!

Hi stacey!! thanks so much for making the facebook group, i cannot wait to join! but just before i do, is there anyway to make it sort of private? because if i join up, wont it show on my page that I am a part of the "November 2011 lap banders" group?? like as in with the home status and stuff?? i just want to take as many precautions as possible because i DO NOT want anyone finding out about my banding since i wasnt planning on telling anyone other than mum, dad and my boyfriend.. well for now atleast!

Hi stacey!! thanks so much for making the Facebook group, i cannot wait to join! but just before i do, is there anyway to make it sort of private? because if i join up, wont it show on my page that I am a part of the "November 2011 lap banders" group?? like as in with the home status and stuff?? i just want to take as many precautions as possible because i DO NOT want anyone finding out about my banding since i wasnt planning on telling anyone other than mum, dad and my boyfriend.. well for now atleast!

It will not show up on anyone of your friends news feed except yours, and others in the group... no one will see that you are in this group accept the other people in the group. so it is super private - no worries!! :)

It will not show up on anyone of your friends news feed except yours, and others in the group... no one will see that you are in this group accept the other people in the group. so it is super private - no worries!! :)

Thats awesome!! im adding u right away!!

As long as I the green light from my insurance company, I will be banded on 11/21. I can't wait

Nov 7th is my surgery day, so nervous.... And I have had 5 csections and 2 tubal ligations,

I am telling people at work that I am having Gall Bladder issues. then when it comes to surgery date I am going to say I am having my Gall Bladder removed.