Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bumped up.. is that so wrong?

Ignore negative people.if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself...you can state your opinion while being respectful

I want to thank you so much!! You were very helpful and I think we are all just a little bit more educated on these matters with your kind and thoughtful words.

I am so pleased to know that we have people in this group such as yourself, that has such insight to help those who have just begun their journey and are looking for help and guidance.

Thanks again and God Bless

Shelley

While Elcee's words may have been a little harsh, I completely get the concept. Over and over we have seen people come in here saying they don't want to follow doctors' orders and asking for advise. Then we find another post from the same person saying "this damn thing isn't working!" It gets very frustrating. A support group isn't always about telling people what they want to hear. Sometimes we have to tell each other what they NEED to hear. Shelley, in no way am I suggesting that you are one of those people. I honestly think you are doing well. You're just in Bandster Hell! Trust me, it will pass! Just keep following your doctor's orders as best you can and use your common sense. You'll be fine!

While Elcee's words may have been a little harsh, I completely get the concept. Over and over we have seen people come in here saying they don't want to follow doctors' orders and asking for advise. Then we find another post from the same person saying "this damn thing isn't working!" It gets very frustrating. A support group isn't always about telling people what they want to hear. Sometimes we have to tell each other what they NEED to hear. Shelley, in no way am I suggesting that you are one of those people. I honestly think you are doing well. You're just in Bandster Hell! Trust me, it will pass! Just keep following your doctor's orders as best you can and use your common sense. You'll be fine!

Thanks for the reply... I am sure it can be hard, when folks come on here "wanting" to cheat and "wanting" to go against what the doctor has set before them. I am not doing that. I just want to be comfortable.

I totally understand "Bandster Hell" now.. lol It is crazy at times.

I have put my mind to it, that I will not be eating breads, drinking pop, eating Pasta or rice, at all any more. It is okay.. I do not mind it at all!! In fact.. it is a WONDERFUL thing, as I was a POP-O-HOLIC!! I used to LIVE on Pepsi...Now I do not even care if I see someone else enjoying one. It like like cigarettes.. I quit smoking over 8 years ago and I do not even have a desire to have one anymore.. and I can be around those who do and it don't do anything to me as far as make me want one. It is a mind set I guess..

BUT... I know.. you can not ignore or trick some cravings.. I tried to do that before and ended up worse than if I would have just taken care of the craving in the 1st place.

I am going to do this. I am going to make it to my goal weight. I will make it!! :) I did not go through surgery just to end up back to the starting gate and in worse shape than I started the 1st time.

As for the other lady... well.. I am done with that now.

Take care and God Bless

Ignore negative people.if you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself...you can state your opinion while being respectful

I feel the same way. I do not want to be "*****-footed" around, but I do not want to be chastised and drawn and quartered either... ;)

Tell me the truth and do it with respect. nuff said I believe...

It has been 4 hours since I had my Breakfast... (late start to my day today).. :blink:

I am thinking Soup for lunch.. :P

Soup for lunch 4 me 2....

You stomach needs time to heal and eating is making it work and move a lot eating more solids before recommended might do you in I would say get back on the liquids and do what your doctor said. Yes hunger is hell but it will also be hell if you slip your band or something worse. Post op instructions are given for a reason and if you want to eat food then call your doctor and ask them if its ok. Im sure they can find something for you to eat that will help tame the hunger.

Had my soup.. now I am back to Water till dinner time.. Good times good times. B)

I had cream of chicken with skim.milk...so full.I haven't been eating much Soup until now.

I am late to reply on this topic but here is my two cents..... I had my lap band surgery on the 23rd of August..... On the 24 the hospital served me Tomato soup... tuna salad..... Protein juice.... cranberry juice. I have been eating oatmeal, grits, scrambled eggs, steamed fish.... mashed potato with blended pieces of chicken.

These are things my doctor said I was allowed to eat on the soft diet phase. So I did not do liquid diet at all after the surgery. They only request that each meal has some kind of protein in it.

I am doing GREAT!!!!! No pains and lots of energy!!!!

Every doctor does something different.... They all have opinions but at the end of the day you and only you KNOW your body!!!!

Good luck and I hope I helped!!biggrin.gif

Well my dr said mushies at day 8 so I've been eating chilli. I'm terrified of everything. Don't want to ear too much or too little. Don't want to eat too fast. Us newbies need a little help. I'm not hungry but just need flavor in my food. I can have thin oatmeal but I dint want the carbs so I'm back to Jello.< /p>

I think part of the problem with the pre/post dieting is that it's inconsistent. I could understand those that were told 3 weeks of liquids, seeing others on here with 1 week of liquids and asking, is that ok? Is your doctor being to aggressive or is mine being to protective.

My surgeon had me on clears the day of, full liquids for the rest of the week, then mushies for the next week, but his definition of mushies is pretty much anything not crunchy. So am I cheating, because mine gave me a shorter timeline? Same goes with preop, my surgeon didn't require anything but full liquids after lunch the day before, others are on weeks of liquids. Which one is right?

Sorry if it came across harsh, just a frustration of mine

Josh

I'm with ya Josh!!! I'm confused too. I feel that my dr. Plan is too fast. I have tried pudding and stuff but any large amount hurts going down. So I'll take is slower.

Nothing to say other than...................WOW!!

Yet another person that has decided to go against their Dr's instructions and then come here looking for approval/validation. What is there to say that hasn't been said before............................................

NOTHING

I think part of the problem with the pre/post dieting is that it's inconsistent. I could understand those that were told 3 weeks of liquids, seeing others on here with 1 week of liquids and asking, is that ok? Is your doctor being to aggressive or is mine being to protective.

My surgeon had me on clears the day of, full liquids for the rest of the week, then mushies for the next week, but his definition of mushies is pretty much anything not crunchy. So am I cheating, because mine gave me a shorter timeline? Same goes with preop, my surgeon didn't require anything but full liquids after lunch the day before, others are on weeks of liquids. Which one is right?

Sorry if it came across harsh, just a frustration of mine

Josh

I know what you mean!! I have seen other peoples posts and seen what they have or have had for a eating schedule and I am at a loss on that one. I think that my Doctor has me on a very strict eating plan, and that if fine.. but I have found that I have to try other things to get past some feelings. I am not eating solid foods at all, but I do eat pureed foods from time to time. I am really trying to stick to the full liquids, but it is hard at times. I am also having trouble getting in all the Water that I a supposed to get in.

I am not sure which is right.... when I was in the hospital and post-op, just after I was only allowed a sponge on a stick dipped in water to suck on. I was not allowed ice chips till the next day later in the afternoon, and then right before discharge I was allowed Jello and chicken broth. For two days I was on clears and then for over a week I am on full liquids.. I am supposed to start pureed foods on the 14th. I can soft foods on the 28th and then in October on the 5th I can start solid foods.

As for you cheating... I say no, if you are following what your Doctor told you to do and you are not having any issues, and still loosing...

I was banded on August 31 and on my post-op appointment I asked them what the reason for the 2 week full liquid was mainly for, was it tolerance or healing...I too was hungry and have tried a piece of something small here and there, but my nurse explained it was more for healing, so that made me halt on the trying until my 2 weeks are up (counting the days until Thursday!) While I do feel it's best to listen to your body, you also don't want to overdo too much while you (we) are still learning what our bodies can tolerate and how they feel now. I have the weird feelings that i can't explain too, and don't know if they are from the surgery, the band or the alien that I feel is living in my belly. Again, it's between you and your doctor - just make sure you tell him everything you've been doing. You know your body better than anyone.