Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you taken off???

I had my surgery 5 days ago and I lost 11 pounds.

Highest weight 307

PreOp Diet 300 - 6/28/2011

Surgery 285 - 7/13/2011

1st Post Op Apt 277 - 8/12/2011

2nd Post Op Apt 267 - 9/09/2011

I have lost a total of 33lbs. My energy is back and I feel good!

Lost 166 in a year but I really worked the band hard lol

oh wow that so inspiring pls tell me what yo did what foods you ate excersie and how much extra skin do you have I started this journey at 408lb and am now 327lbs in may 2011 so please any helpers would be welcomed

95lbs in 5.5 months and happy. Still got a long way to go but making great strides.

I've lost 40 lbs in less than 3 mths and I'm unfilled & pregnant. I have been eating 1800-2000 calories a day per my Ob instruction and still the weight continues to go down.

I'm 9 months out from surgery. Down 70lbs!!! last 10 (or 15) lbs to go....

I started out wearing 16/18s & XLs....now down to roomy 10s & size 8 is just around the corner. really, its like a dream. just boought an awesome pair boots - NOT wide calf. Boots are roomy even when I tuck in my jeans.

good luck to you

I started in 24 in 18 the problem I have is my mother apron working on that it's hard. Anyone have that problem do you how to get it gone?

Not sure if you're interested in numbers from male bandsters, but here goes:

Yesterday marked nine months since I had my surgery. I've lost 118 pounds so far. My old pants were 46-48 inch waist. Now I'm wearing 34 inch waist pants. I started with size 3XL and 4XL shirts. Today I bought size Large shirts. Am I happy? Beyond words. :)

Dave

Dave, your story is inspirational to me. I have my surgery in two days and am both excited and nervous. My BMI is on the low side (32), but I've struggled immensely with my weight since childhood with enormous gains and loses over the years. I'm looking forward to stopping this cycle once and for all.

I was banded on 8/30/11 so I'm still new to bandland, but so far I have lost 21 lbs since surgery day, I'm on most normal foods at this time. I have restriction without any fill, and to this day I haven't been hungry once.

I can only hope this keeps up.

Good luck on your journey.

Josh

Josh, you posted this on 9/10/11. Does that mean that you lost 21lbs in 11 days? That doesn't even seem possible... I assume you were on a liquid diet during that time? How many calories per day do you think you were consuming? I'm also curious as to what you weigh today.

How much have you taken off????and how long did it take honestly...I'm down to 189 today and I had the band 3/18/2010 I started at 261

i started at 268,and i am down to 205

Banded 8/12. 9 weeks. Lost 42 lbs.

I have 66 lbs left to reach my goal.

I was banded 12/3/10 and started at 232 - size 16-18. Today down to 147 and size 6-8! Beyond thrilled. Had 2 fills and last week took about .07cc out of band as I wasn't able to keep anything down -- feeling great today with 3cc only in the band. I eat VERY small portions and try to eat the right things - no breads or potatoes or rice.

I am down 156 lbs I had surgery on 10/2/2009 and was 361 lbs I lost over a hundred pounds in 7 months I am currently at 205 lbs two years after being banded . I was down to 186 lbs but looked too skinny( wow did i actually say that....too skinny....lol) and scrawney so now im comfortable at the 205 lbs