Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The WHY ARE MEN SO WEIRD thread.

Everyone does not know this...I have this talk with mine too. He thinks ANY fried meat requires mashed potatoes and gravy. Should I have the audacity to pick up yellow rice to go with the porkchops he pouts! PBJ can NOT be made with wheat bread and ONLY with strawberry preserves. pumpkin pie will go bad if we are out of whipped cream. Everything has to have onions in it (thank goodness I like them). Brussel sprouts can't be made unless we are having ham (Yick! Hate brussel sprouts). Pork roast can be given to the dogs if we are out of BBQ Sauce, even if I marinated it for hours, and pork roast night is the only time it is acceptable to serve sweet potatos. Cabbage must be accompanied by sausage, no chicken will do.

Is this a man thing? I love food too much to be so picky about combinations...

"and pork roast night is the only time it is acceptable to serve sweet potatos."

OMG, that's what I'm talking about!!!! Are they brothers? Squash, sweet potatos - same thing in my book.

I'm with you, food is food no matter how you mix it up.

My husband *insists* on having the toilet paper come off the roll from underneath instead of over the top. Like it matters. And half the time he leaves it the back of his toilet and doesn't even put it on the roll, but if I clean & refill his holder, I don't pay attention -- but he'll go changee it if it's wrong.

Jon has this freaky thing about toilet paper has to be kept in the plastic wrapping until needed. We split a 12 pack between our 2 separate bathrooms and he freaks that I place 6 rolls under the cabinet sink out of the wrapper. He thinks its "unsterile". He's a weirdo for sure.

"Everyone knows this."

Hell everyone does know that. What is wrong with you??

Actually... I blame the parents.

My father had some marvelous favorite foods that I can't even bring myself to document here, because the thought of it turns my stomach.

What a funny thread, I read your replies and I cant imagine being bothered by many of these things, BUt then again I avoid a serious committed relatioship like the plague..

I guess I can join in, this isnt a complaint thread its a "weird" thread.

My favorite boyfriend is the weirdest one. Most people dont think he is weird, but becasue my own little family thinks everyone not like us is weird, He is weird.

He almost NEVEr does anything that bothers me..

BUt on our last date this was close to bothering me.

He says 'Steve-o" Is way better than "BAM"

And when I pointed out the absurbity of that 'oppinion" of his.

He didnt change it or even consider it.

For the record.. BAM is God if Stevo-O is anything..

LOL

OH and He needs a hair cut.. I dont care how popular the fro is these days,.. I am old and I dont like it.

OH and OMG OMG, We got a flat tire and he HAD NEVER changed a tire before.. He was like 'triple A" and I was like 'get your ass in gear man"

OH and he lost his DS and said he searched the van and we had to drive back to the beach (well he said we didnt have to) where we were locked out and he had removed his jacket (holding the DS),,, and he found it in the van the next morning.

But those things didnt bother me at all.

He is too completely sweet all the time.

My DH cannot simply get into bed. You know, normal people sit on the side of the bed and turn and lay down.

No, my DH has to launch himself from across the room. It's not so bad now that he only weighs 400 pounds. But Let me tell you, it's a bit terrifiying when you have this 600 pound behemouth airborn and hurtiling towards at you at roughly faster than you can move out of the way.

My DH also has no sense of time. He's late for everything. But when he's ready to go, he just leaves the house, doens't bother to tell anyone that he's gone out to wait in the truck, like we are waiting and watching his every move. So Spudboy and I will wait for him to be ready, and he's already gone out the door.

But he sings to me, he makes up love songs and sings them to me. I think it's the most romantic thing ever. He sings to me in public. We are a very romantic couple, even living as far apart as we do.

Ok ladies I am weird about the food too, I thought it was a fat girl thing! Apparently it's also a weird guy thing. Pork chops must be served with mac n cheese and fried okra. NO wheat bread for PB N J! Must have cheese on my burgers or it is thown away. I just did this the other night...and no, It can't be the cheese out of the fridge thrown on it when you get home from the drive thru, that is not acceptable! If the ranch is not made from scratch the salad is not eaten. God I wonder how I ever got fat?? Hmmm???

Vines, the mental picture I got of your husband flying through the air like superman to the bed cracked my ars up!!! The thought of your face just so scared!

I am pretty picky when it comes to food too. If we have roast & vegetables I must have A-1 sauce for the roast or it just doesn't taste good - same with steak - steak has to have A-1 sauce no matter how "marinated" it is.

Whenever I used to eat out a lot pre-banding - I always special ordered my sandwiches and made my boyfriend check it to make sure it was right before we left - he used to get sooo mad! Like any chicken sandwich has to have only ketchup and mayo - this only applies to take out. Chinese food has to have plain fried rice with it or I won't eat it. Grilled cheese has to be plain grilled cheese - no ham, bologny, turkey thrown in etc. Soup/Chili has to have a sprinkle of cheese w/ crackers or it isn't worth it. I too believe the only ranch dressing to eat is homeade or it isn't worth eating - that storebought stuff doesn't even compare. I hate bacon, eggs & toast for Breakfast but through a slice of cheese on it and make it a sandwich and I'll eat it. I hate onions, but I'll pull the onions out of onion rings and eat the crunchy breading. Geez, I bet I might be more hard to live with than I imagine ;) Wait this is a why MEN are weird, not why I am weird......lol

Vines, the mental picture I got of your husband flying through the air like superman to the bed cracked my ars up!!! The thought of your face just so scared!
Well, not quite like superman, he keeps his arms at his side, I guess so he's more streamlined and can get better air speed.

Vines now that he is losing weight he is getting more and more streamlined too. That speed is going to increase !!! LOL

I have some weird food qwerks that make DH shudder. I like sour cream on my steak, but I can't stand it on my potato. I HATE unsalted butter and won't eat anything that it is on. bread is not eaten with butter, it is dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. And cheese sandwiches consist of white bread, yellow mustard, processed yellow cheese and several chips of sweet pickles and onions. Said sandwich must then be pressed down as flat as possible. ;) DH hates that one. I also do not like to eat Cereal with milk. I prefer Oranger juice, and the best is Grape Nuts with OJ. YUMMY!!!

"I do all the laundry, including delicates that I hand wash, and home dry cleaning. I cook all the meals except for the occasional Sunday Breakfast. I do the dishes. I do the grocery shopping (only fitting, since I do the cooking). I do all the finances (she hates handling numbers). I do all the home repair and improvement (I have been remodeling the house 1 room at a time... master bedroom is next). I run the vacuum every other day. I do the yard work, planting etc. (I have a service cut the grass, but I do everything else). I pick up my daugher from daycare everyday, and do her homework with her

What does she do... we have a lady who cleans the house for her... she drops my daughter off every morning at daycare... she takes out the trash on Sunday nights... and sometimes I do that."

What the ???@#@^*@#&@??? :faint:

...sounds like walking up hill both ways... in chest high snow! Anything we can do for our wives is definately worth it! :clap2:

"Anything we can do for our wives is definately worth it!"

Your wife was shoulder surfing wasn't she? LOL