Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN? Tummy Tuck - Body Lift

YES! I would do it again. I'm so very happy with the results. Yes, I have a scar, however, I've started the process of covering it with a beautiful vine/floral tattoo. As the previous poster said, this was the second best thing I've done for myself. Second to having the band surgery. At now 51, I have the body of a fit 30 yr old - nothing to complain about.

Well, I think I have you all beat on the age! I am 64, and just got a Tummy Tuck two months ago! And my arms reduced 4 months ago. Like many of you said, it is never too late. Only regret is not doing it all sooner! And I also second the thought that the plastic surgery was my second best thing I have ever done for myself; the first being the lap band.

Congrats to all of you who went for it so much younger than I did!!

I also am wearing bikini underwear for the first time in my life! Can you believe having an hourglass figure and a flat tummy at 64? I'm still amazed every time I catch myself in the mirror. But no fear, I am definitely not wearing mini skirts or anything! Just looking so nice and NORMAL in form fitting, SHORT-SLEEVED tops for the first time in probably 40 years!

Life is good! I am so happy for all of us, and that we are so lucky to have had these opportunities!

I totally agree with every one else. I love my flat stomach and being able to wear bikini underwear. I had the Tummy Tuck 3 months ago and the breast lift 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to getting my arms done!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

post-275838-13813140294658_thumb.jpg

post-275838-13813140295515_thumb.jpg

post-275838-13813140296217_thumb.jpg

I totally agree with every one else. I love my flat stomach and being able to wear bikini underwear. I had the Tummy Tuck 3 months ago and the breast lift 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to getting my arms done!

wow you look great

Wowey zowey! You look amazing! Super congrats!!

Hi All its 3 1/2 years since I have been banded and 1 year since my body lift. And I am really pleased with the results, I never though I would have abs and kind of that " V " that everyone strives for. But I need some help to see if I am just fooling myself and eating too much or If I really OK and should accept myself where I am. Its really frustrating.

My top weight was 330 - 335 in High School. Today I'm 240. i was 245 1 Year ago the morning of my body lift. I am almost 6' 1"

I did get to 233 a few months after my body lift when I was recovering. I have been around around this 240 Mark now for a few years! And don't know what I can do to get to my goal which is moving up now to from 225 to 230! I am still a big guy.

I have been heavy all my life, my dad and mom were big. So the it's in the Family. The only really thin "ADULT" member of my family is a cousin (HE's ADOPTED!) I was always the biggest guy in the class or room etc. So hear I am. Down 90 lbs from my High and 60 since the band. I work out 3 x a week for 3 years now. Yea I have built muscle but want to loose more. I keep looking for an answer and no one seems to have one for me.

My Nutritionist says that my body really likes this weight! At my thinnest was 225 when I was 25, Now I am 55 and 240. so

225 is not realistic!

My Medical Dr says I am fine! Not on any medications, labs are good. He is really happy where I am and what i have done.

My Lap Band DR says I am a success. "Because the band gets you healthy not skinny." Oh THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW!

My Shrink says! "Live in the Now look where you have come from" Your a big guy and can't change your body type.

My Trainer says do more cardio on my off days

But I still want to loose some more. My Body lift was a year ago today, the Dr said he took off 10 Lbs but not so with the scale.

I was 245 when I had my body lift, so I should be like 235 now but I am hovering around 240. I had gotten down to 233 during the recovery of my body lift. One I got back to the gym it started to up again.

I would love to get some other suggestions too. It is frustrating, I know I am building muscle. My chest is almost a big as when I started ( NO MAN BOOBS THOUGH) but my waist went from a 44 to a 36, My Chest from a 52 to like a 48. My Shirt went from XXL to L but now back to XL Because of weight training my chest is getting bigger. Some guy friends have poked my chest and commented about the muscle so I guess that's good but not what I was really aiming for. (Yea I do kind of have abs now ! Yea I said that before)

So really at a loss as to what to do next. I have tried eating more, eating less. Low Carbs, no carbs, normal carbs?

The scale goes up if I eat too many carbs or go off my plan. A few days back on its down. I have had the tests done on the amount of calories I should eat. They say around 2,000. I actually have My Nutritionist and I agree around 1500 - 1600.

I work out with a trainer 3 x a week, doing mainly strength I really should be doing more cardio on my off days. But I do have bad knees.

Guess I am looking for motivation or something. I never thought I would have a body this good especially at 55, Yea my abs are fairly good but still see that fat guy, Yea when I look at old photos I know I look much much better but still, want to be thinner but not sure if I am willing to starve. And I can't starve and work out! Just can't do it! " I have tried it! " Any suggestions am I kidding myself or just being ungrateful. I guess I just look NORMAL Now. Better than most of my Friends , but am I just being ungrateful and unrealistic.

any suggestions.

I had a Tummy Tuck October 1st yes id do it again I'm very happy with my results and the pain wasn't to bad at all. I hope your surgery went well and you have a fast recovery.

Love love love my new flat tummy. Would do it again tomorrow if i had to.... Pain for me was about a 3-4. No more underwear rolling under my apron... YAYYYY

gallery_276743_9279_596854.jpg

Hi All its 3 1/2 years since I have been banded and 1 year since my body lift. And I am really pleased with the results' date=' I never though I would have abs and kind of that " V " that everyone strives for. But I need some help to see if I am just fooling myself and eating too much or If I really OK and should accept myself where I am. Its really frustrating.

My top weight was 330 - 335 in High School. Today I'm 240. i was 245 1 Year ago the morning of my body lift. I am almost 6' 1"

I did get to 233 a few months after my body lift when I was recovering. I have been around around this 240 Mark now for a few years! And don't know what I can do to get to my goal which is moving up now to from 225 to 230! I am still a big guy.

I have been heavy all my life, my dad and mom were big. So the it's in the Family. The only really thin "ADULT" member of my family is a cousin (HE's ADOPTED!) I was always the biggest guy in the class or room etc. So hear I am. Down 90 lbs from my High and 60 since the band. I work out 3 x a week for 3 years now. Yea I have built muscle but want to loose more. I keep looking for an answer and no one seems to have one for me.

My Nutritionist says that my body really likes this weight! At my thinnest was 225 when I was 25, Now I am 55 and 240. so

225 is not realistic!

My Medical Dr says I am fine! Not on any medications, labs are good. He is really happy where I am and what i have done.

My Lap Band DR says I am a success. "Because the band gets you healthy not skinny." Oh THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW!

My Shrink says! "Live in the Now look where you have come from" Your a big guy and can't change your body type.

My Trainer says do more cardio on my off days

But I still want to loose some more. My Body lift was a year ago today, the Dr said he took off 10 Lbs but not so with the scale.

I was 245 when I had my body lift, so I should be like 235 now but I am hovering around 240. I had gotten down to 233 during the recovery of my body lift. One I got back to the gym it started to up again.

I would love to get some other suggestions too. It is frustrating, I know I am building muscle. My chest is almost a big as when I started ( NO MAN BOOBS THOUGH) but my waist went from a 44 to a 36, My Chest from a 52 to like a 48. My Shirt went from XXL to L but now back to XL Because of weight training my chest is getting bigger. Some guy friends have poked my chest and commented about the muscle so I guess that's good but not what I was really aiming for. (Yea I do kind of have abs now ! Yea I said that before)

So really at a loss as to what to do next. I have tried eating more, eating less. Low Carbs, no carbs, normal carbs?

The scale goes up if I eat too many carbs or go off my plan. A few days back on its down. I have had the tests done on the amount of calories I should eat. They say around 2,000. I actually have My Nutritionist and I agree around 1500 - 1600.

I work out with a trainer 3 x a week, doing mainly strength I really should be doing more cardio on my off days. But I do have bad knees.

Guess I am looking for motivation or something. I never thought I would have a body this good especially at 55, Yea my abs are fairly good but still see that fat guy, Yea when I look at old photos I know I look much much better but still, want to be thinner but not sure if I am willing to starve. And I can't starve and work out! Just can't do it! " I have tried it! " Any suggestions am I kidding myself or just being ungrateful. I guess I just look NORMAL Now. Better than most of my Friends , but am I just being ungrateful and unrealistic.

any suggestions.[/quote']

Come to My Fitness Pal! Some amazing people are on it. extremely motivated and inspirational. The food diaries will really help you...I believe. Give it a try. If you like it add me. I know I can learn alot from you. O:-)

It's been a long time since i visited the site. But im happy i did. I learned so much about TT surgery and insurance. I've been living with this extra skin hanging on my stomach for so long, that I can't enjoy my weight loss. It's time for me to get rid of the skin. Thanks for motivating me to ACTION. Best of luck to everyone.

I had my Tummy Tuck aug 1, 2012. I came home the same day of surgery and all I could think of was why did I do this to myself. The pain was awful and I was miserable. After the first week the pain eased some and I was able to move around more. By the third week my dr took out one of my drains. One month later I was feeling pretty darn good, then here came the pain that was so bad. I had to go to Er with pain and fever. Turned out my other drain had became contaminated and I had an infection. They took out the drain and gave me antibiotics, still had a lot of drainage. The dr said the build up of Fluid was less risk then leaving the contaminated drain in would cause. Every day I was worried that I would have to have needles stuck in me to drain excess fluid. My body finally took over and got rid of the fluid on its own. By 6 weeks out I was pain free. I still have numbness where my scars are, but am so happy with my appearance. I would do it again now, but coming out of surgery I said I would never do it again. I am 48. I went from a size 16 to size 18, to a 10 after swelling went down. I only lost 6.2 pounds, but looked like much more as my body was contured. I finally have a shape to my body. Go for it. It is worth it

Hey there Everyone!

I am so happy to read all this I have seriously been considering some body overhauling as I call it.

I live near Philly and wonder if any of you have a GREAT surgeon I will not settle for less than GREAT..

I had my lap band done 3 1/2 yrs ago by a FANTASTIC doc--Darin Minkin in St Louis and love that guy and would recommend him to anyone.

But now comes the time to get rid of this ugly flabby wavy skin dangling all over my body!!

Help again live near Philly any thoughts here?

Thanks

Michele