Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST A FEW DAYS POST OP

Im 5 days post op and STILL have the horrible gas pain in my left shoulder!. Some times during the day i dont feel it, and some times it literally has me in tears! I am going to get the Gas-x strips tmr. I have some gas/bloating still in my stomach, and like the other posts, im not sure if its hunger or just plain gas. I dont feel hungry at all, thank god cause the thought of food right now makes me wanna puke! I can thankfully sleep normally now..first 3 nights i slept sitting up. I know first few weeks are the toughest, but geeze i just wanna feel good.

Cakelly I hear ya. I walked around the store today for an hr, cleaned my house and stuff. Just trying to get back to normal. I really miss my 16 month old. He is here but I can't hold him or pick him up. I tried holding him today and he kicked me in my port and I doubled over in pain. He says mama and reaches for me but I have to tell him no. I know this is temp but I can't wait till 10 days and I can hold my son. So far I'm tolerating all waters and juices. It hurts less. The gas x is helping a little. I can sleep lying down so i know that's good. I'm taking one day at a time

I was banded on september 1st. I have horrible gas pains, not from the surgery gas but just gas in general. All I do all day long is pass gas and burp! I was going to go into work today but felt that all the gas was a major issue and I work very closely with everyone. I know I just couldn't sit still and pass gas all day long in front of my co-workers. I have a call in to my doctor as I write this so I can ask them about the gas issue and the horrible diarrhea. When is this going to stop? I'm starting pureed foods tomorrow and I'm so glad about this because I feel absolutely hungry! The Protein Shakes taste horrible, not matter what I put in them. Of course, I'm hoping that when I can add the fruit to them tomorrow that they will taste 100% better. I'm looking forward to something other than broth and popsickle sticks. I'm suppose to go back to work tomorrow and do hope that some of these issues are NOT so bad then. I guess only time will tell!

All of you are AMAZING! thanks for replying! It makes me feel even better knowing I'm not completely alone on this journey!!!

Today I was back to work and I was fine all day until an hour ago when I got slammed with terrible gas pains. So I'm in bed about to take all my meds and sleep. Yes misery loves company!!

OMG! I just signed up for this site and your post could be me! I'm having the same problems, gas, pressure, can barely take anything in, including Water. My stomach is rumbly all of the time, and I can't tell if I'm hungry or if its gas. I'm ready to go and have it taken out, I feel like I'm going crazy! What did everyone tell you about the gas and pressure? I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to navigate the site yet. Oh yeah, I also am 5 days out!

LRC

HEY ALL,

JUST A LIL NEED TO VENT FOR A SEC! IM 5 DAYS POST OP, AND DOING ALL THAT I CAN TO DEAL WITH THE HORRIFIC UNEASE IM FEELING! BESIDES THE GAS (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADIVCE IVE READ) IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I DID THE RIGHT THING! I KNOW FROM READING A FEW POSTS ON HERE THAT THE FIRST FEW WEEKS ARE CRAPPY, BUT MY GOD, AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET THROUGH IT ALL? I DON T HAVE MY FOLLOW UP TILL THE 21ST IF SEPT SO FROM MY SURGERY DATE TILL THEN, I FEEL LIKE A LOST CAUSE! I DONT KNOW IF IM GETTING ENOUGH WATER, ENOUGH Protein Shake, ENOUGH broth, CAUSE I HAVE A CONSTANT PRESSURE/FEELING IN MY STOMACH! I FEEL LIKE IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THE RUMBLING IN MY STOMACH IS. IS IT HUNGER OR JUST THE DAMN GAS? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING Vitamins? AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL THIS FULL FROM SIPPING ON 16 OZ BOTTLE OF WATER ALL DAY? I DONT WANT TO BE A NAGGING PANIC, BUT I FEEL LIKE THATS IS EXACTLY WHATS COMING ON!

IM DEALING WITH THE food COMMERCIALS AND THOUGHTS OF DELICIOUS FOOD BUT I JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT THEY WAY IM FEELING IS GONNA GET BETTER! I CANT HELP BUT WONDER, IS THIS HEALTHY FOR ME? IM NOT PUTING MUCH INTO MY SYSTEM?

I GUESS, ILL JUST CONTINUE TO KEEP POSITIVE THOUGHTS GOING AND HOPE FOR GOOD RESULTS? IM JUST FILLED WITH A CONFUSED FEELING AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT! ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP AND MY APPOLIGIES IF IM NAGGING ABOUT PETTY THINGS IM JUST SCARED AND CONCERNED!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Hi irc! I've been told to walk, walk, walk to help move the gas. I've been walking and it's helped a little. Not enough for me so this is what I have been doing: stretching my torso and upper body as much as I can. This helps ease my back pain. Rocking back and forth on the toilet. That helps push out the gas too. Taking gas x helps a little. Eating hot food or drinks eases it a bit too. The biggie is taking my liquid pain killer. It dulls the nerves and knocks me out at night. I also suggest bending at the waist while standing. I swear this is many times worse than pregnancy.

My surgery was the 1st and I am feeling horrible and very miserable =( My gas moves in my abdomen whenever I walk... Walking DOES NOT help me. It may work for others but it is not working for me.... Today was the first day i was actually able to finish a Protein shake since the surgery. I know i'm most likely dehydrated but what can I do about that,,,,, My port site hurts so bad most times i need to put my palm over the site and apply a slight pressure to gain some relief.

I have to take my pain medicine just to sleep at night because i am so uncomfortable and bloated, I highly doubt im losing anything because my body is basically in starvation mode. Its has nothing to sustain it....

Has anyone else been unable to burp? My gas collect right underneath my band but no matter how much i try it wont come up. The only way i have lost some gas is getting on all fours and assuming a downward facing dog like position.

Seriously having buyers remorse right now not even joking

My surgery was the 1st and I am feeling horrible and very miserable =( My gas moves in my abdomen whenever I walk... Walking DOES NOT help me. It may work for others but it is not working for me.... Today was the first day i was actually able to finish a Protein shake since the surgery. I know i'm most likely dehydrated but what can I do about that,,,,, My port site hurts so bad most times i need to put my palm over the site and apply a slight pressure to gain some relief.

I have to take my pain medicine just to sleep at night because i am so uncomfortable and bloated, I highly doubt im losing anything because my body is basically in starvation mode. Its has nothing to sustain it....

Has anyone else been unable to burp? My gas collect right underneath my band but no matter how much i try it wont come up. The only way i have lost some gas is getting on all fours and assuming a downward facing dog like position.

Seriously having buyers remorse right now not even joking

Mznelly have u weighed yourself??? I have and I've been losing at least a pound a day. So go weigh in. I can't burp. It just swells up and goes back down. Try gas x or anything else I suggested on my previous post. Breathing deeply in and out has helped. Maybe Constipation makes it worse I dunno, but on day 2 I was having my doubts if this was a good idea. It has been better these past 2 days. I couldn't even get down Water with out gas pains. Now I can drink. I know being patient sucks but it slowly gets better, heating pad can work also.

Hang in there!! It gets a lot better! You are smart to walk around -- that helps get the gas moving out, which will reduce the pain you are feeling. I take chewable One a Day Vitamins -- you should ask your doctor what's right for you.

This is a really incredible tool -- and it really works if you work with it!! Am sending all of the newbies on this post best wishes for lots of success with your bands! Also, take "before" pictures and your measurements today if you haven't already!! You will want them later!

Best wishes,

Catherine

I have been taking gas x extra strength thin strips like candy it only gives me momentary relief( an hr or so) then its back to the bloating and dancing gas UGH!!!! I weighed myself this morning and i lost a whopping *drum roll please* 1 pound. So yeah like i thought my body is in starvation mode holding on to everything it can.

I called to make a post op check up today with my surgeon and was very adamant that i want to see my surgeon not his assistant... My mom went last week and she didn't get to see him. I know i sound like im being difficult but this gas is making me into a full fledged monster!! I'm tired of being cooped up inside ( raining the whole week) in pain and misery

Mznelly get out the house momma!! I felt better just walking around the mall or the store and made me less depressed too. I'm back at work these few days and I feel good. Hang on in there!!! Get a heating pad! I have like 6 boxes of gas x.

Mznelly:

Hang in there. It will get better. I've been blessed...no problems at all. 11 lbs to date.

Keep moving :mellow:

10972947.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

OMG! I just signed up for this site and your post could be me! I'm having the same problems, gas, pressure, can barely take anything in, including Water. My stomach is rumbly all of the time, and I can't tell if I'm hungry or if its gas. I'm ready to go and have it taken out, I feel like I'm going crazy! What did everyone tell you about the gas and pressure? I'm new to this and haven't figured out how to navigate the site yet. Oh yeah, I also am 5 days out!

LRC