Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food have you sworn off for good??

Corn!!! Every time I try to eat frozen or fresh corn it always reacts poorly with the band. I can do bread and tortillas in very small slow amounts. Like Jack said its easy to lose interest in some of those old favorite dishes especially when you have problems. Pasta and rice often give me a hard time. I don't really mind. I get all the yummy stuff you put on the breads and pastas! It drives my husband crazy that I can justify eating JUST the toppings off the pizza or the stir fry meat and veggies without the rice... When I would typically smack his hand if I caught him doing that. LOL... I love salad and that is one of the things that always work well for me no matter what I put on it. I also love chicken and tuna type salads. Dry chicken kills me though. Anyway just my insight...

popcorn, after eating it at the movies my band got SUPER tight and i vowed not to eat it again. no other foods have ever given me a problem but i dont really have restriction.

WHOLLY COW! :omg:I tried to eat a tortilla and WOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEE! NOT! Tonight we went for bar b que, WOOOOO WEEEEE! It said NOPE! I think my biggest problem is chewing better, plus I try to take a drink and that makes it worse! But tortillas or french fries...nuuu-uhhhh! Hasta la vista baby!:bandit

Unfortunately, I can still eat ANYTHING! I have 7cc in my Vanguard band and there is really nothing that I can't tolerate! I just have to make sure I don't take too big of bite and chew really well!

o0o .. sorry to hear about your tuna issue!! I live on tuna lol - have it every single day for lunch, so that would kill me :/

The only food I've completely sworn off is potato gnocchi. I love the stuff, but I had 2 lil balls of gnocchi after my first fill (which I didn't have any restriction with) and the damn things were stuck for what felt like days. Cried myself to sleep that first night it hurt so bad lol. Never again...

Funny how the first post on this talked about the starkist tuna packets. I'm in week four and can easily get the three ounces of tuna, mayo, and relish down...although I usually only eat three to four of the six crackers...and am full for quite awhile. I was a tad hesitant to eat soild foods after two plus weeks of nothing but sugar free popsicles and lipton cup-o-soups, but after meeting with my nutritionist and seeing that I've dropped 33 pounds in the month post surgery (47 all together with the pre op Atkins diet) that I needed to take in a few more calories. Although, within the last few days I've eaten one and a half reeses Peanut Butter cups and two small 79 cent cans of pringles which I know aren't good for me in the slightest...but I was craving something salty and sweet. Not justifying my eating, but I figure if that's all I cheat I'll be okay. (Seeing how before being banded I'd easily eat two ultimo burritos, a cabanna bowl with chicken and extra sour cream, and a huge diet coke from Taco Cabanna. Mind you, that was just a late night "snack".):phanvan

Okra. I've sworn off okra. Oh, and raw quince.

Okay, it wasn't hard, not even a little bit. Of course, I swore them off way before I got banded. And there's the little matter of quince being completely in-edible raw... okra is just .... ick.

Vines, I wouldn't know a raw quince if it came up and bit me, so I guess I've sworn off them too. :)

I rarely eat bread, Pasta, or rice. I can do it in small quantities, but I was stuck all night after eating lasagna this week. It just isn't worth the pain and sleepless night. It really depends on how I'm feeling that day. If it's late and I'm more open I can tolerate anything.

I sure hope I can eat tuna salad, though I haven't tried it in months. It's on the way with the delivery man right now, along with pizza for DH and the kids.

bread is a big NO for me. I can actually handle a tortilla, but bread has caused me the absolute worst pain and PB several times, and I just dont even attempt to eat it anymore. French fries were bad the only time I tried them. I dont need the empty calories or carbs anyway so I just stay away from bread and fries.

I can not eat raw broccoli in any amounts.

One thing you might want to try with the tuna. Make a really good tuna salad with mayo and whatever else.....stick it in the food processor. Makes a tuna pate and doesn't taste bad at all. Works for chicken too.

Hey All~

I'm a little nervous about this....found out this year (after 31 yrs) that I'm lactose intollerant and can not eat any pork as it irritates a hiatal hernia and makes me feel sick. I already suffer from being bloated for weeks if I eat this stuff. While this limits my food options big time (I love cheese) of course, I haven't lost any weight.

Is there anyone out there with similar issues that has the band? I'm concerned that I may end up vomitting everything I eat after I get banded.

:puke:

Anita

Scheduled 2/18

:guess

I have to say that every day is different for me. Oneday something will go down just fine...and the next day, not so much. The only thing I can officially say I will never have again is a bagel. I chewed and chewed my tiny bites until I could barely remember what I was eating, and STILL it haunted me for an entire day. Do any of you have the same one day good, the next day bad experience with food too??

Anita,

Don't fear...Chances are pretty good that your likes and dislikes will change post-op. I have noticed that now that I have good and bad days with the foods that I have eaten forever, I am more willing to give different things a try. Plus... chances are pretty good that your nutritionist will encourage you to use soy products instead of dairy anyway, since they are low in fat.

Hey Jack

Thats the plan (to repair it) and I'm SOOO looking forward to that. As far as a good nutritionist...not sure how good she is. I'll have to get some scoop on her. Thanks for the idea.

Anita