Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fighting the same 2-3 lbs for almost a month now

So things have been slow for me lately and I'm super frustrated by it. I was banded on December 27, 2011 and was averaging close to 2 lbs a week (with a few off weeks here and there) until mid-July. Then comes vacation. I think I did really well. Had a few things I shouldn't have but by no means went crazy. Well the end of vacation came and I found out my grandmother (rest her sweet soul) passed. Needless to say, that led to stress and a crazy band. I came back from being gone for over 2 weeks and weighed in 6 lbs heavier then I was when I left. I was upset with myself but managed to lose that extra plus some in a little over a week (getting down to like 240 even). I was SO happy! I've been so ready to get into the 230s (my goal for vacation - which i missed by like 2 lbs). Then, for the last 3-4 weeks I've been battling the same 2-3 lbs. I'll weigh in at 240.6 then weigh in at 241.8 then weigh in at 241.2... you get the idea.

Is it a mental block? Am i creating my own barriers? I've been having a hard time emotionally lately. I'm still seeing the fat girl (322 lbs at my heaviest recored weight). I can feel the difference in clothes and activities but I have a hard time seeing the changes (even in pictures). And my poor sweet husband doesn't get it at all. He's in great shape and hasn't been fat a day in his life. He says, "you should be proud of yourself" or "if anything you should feel better about how you look." I know he's trying to be supportive but he just doesn't get the mental block.

I have around 60 lbs to go for goal (at least my first goal - i may keep going at that point depending). I've come so far. Has anyone else had this issue? What can I do to start losing again? I eat mostly protiens, exercise, etc. I'm following the rules.

HELP!

I think many of us have a time like this and it is upsetting. Keep your head in the game. Sometimes we just need to evaluate ..... Am I slipping into eating high cal stuff? Do I need a little fill? Sometimes it just takes a little mixing it up to make the weight start dropping again. Drink an extra Protein Shake for 3 days. Drink more Water. Change what you are eating if you eat the same thing every day.

I know I commented on your status about this earlier, but I just want to say it again. Try drinking more Water. When I was stuck at the same weight for two months it didn't make sense at all. But thinking back I remember I really wasn't drinking much water during the day. I changed that, and it kickstarted my losing again.

Thank you both for your encouragement! I'm normally really good with my Water intake (normally). I really think stress has a lot to do with my plateau. Plus, I have been an emotional wreck lately. With the loss of my grandmother and just having body image issues - It's been a mess. I think I have been putting way too much pressure on myself to get out of the 240s that my body is going crazy. When I think, maybe I need a fill, I have a stuck episode or a really hard time eating something that would normally not be a problem at all. The mind is a powerful thing and I really think mine is getting in the way. I know this is a marathon not a sprint. I know it's long term commitment not short term gain. Sometimes though, my brain gets the best of me and I'm my own worst enemy. I really need to do the side-by-side comparison shot soon so I can start to see what everyone else does. I mean, I KNOW 80+ pounds is noticeable on anyone. Maybe I just need to start believing in myself again. :)

I too have been stuck on the same weight for about 1 month now...

I'm gonna start the 5 day pouch test and hopefully it will jump start my loss again.....

I recently went on vacation (i missed my goal by 0.2 lbs, but have since met it) then attended a week long class for work before actually returning to work. My eating habits were effected but so was my exercise routine. This week I got back on the right track with everything and the weight is coming off again. You didn't mention what kind of exercise routine you have, but I firmly believe that keeping up a good routine and varying it helps keep you metablolism up.

Hope this helps!

Good luck, everyone!

Thank you both for your encouragement! I'm normally really good with my Water intake (normally). I really think stress has a lot to do with my plateau. Plus, I have been an emotional wreck lately. With the loss of my grandmother and just having body image issues - It's been a mess. I think I have been putting way too much pressure on myself to get out of the 240s that my body is going crazy. When I think, maybe I need a fill, I have a stuck episode or a really hard time eating something that would normally not be a problem at all. The mind is a powerful thing and I really think mine is getting in the way. I know this is a marathon not a sprint. I know it's long term commitment not short term gain. Sometimes though, my brain gets the best of me and I'm my own worst enemy. I really need to do the side-by-side comparison shot soon so I can start to see what everyone else does. I mean, I KNOW 80+ pounds is noticeable on anyone. Maybe I just need to start believing in myself again. :)

I like to take front, side, and back pictures of myself on the same day every month. I take the pics in the same spot in my house too, I try to get everything the same. It really helps put your mind at ease.

@zeniada - what is the pouch test?

@KimK - as far as exercise goes, I do the elliptical, Zumba, Walking, biking, playing softball, as well as some weights. I've always been active, exercising even when I was the fat girl. I know how important cardio and muscle are in burning fat. Not to mention my husband used to be a personal trainer so he's big time into the gym. I think I'm pretty on track with that side of things. I've even started switching up my cardio routine in fear that my body had gotten to used to my other cardio.

@sandworms - that's a great idea. I take side and front shots weekly (or I try to). It's great to compare but I have a hard time seeing the change. That's why I want to do a side by side comparison. I also took pictures in January with my shirt lifted just so I could see the ugliness of it all (lol). I need to do that again and compare before and after. I know I'd definitely see a difference then.