Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Does This Cost,and More Questons

Im 40,and weigh 397.I want to lose,but cant stop eating.I workout alot,but since I dont diet I dont lose.I was thinking of lap band but it seems the weight loss is so slow.MY only prob is my ins wont pay for any weight loss surgery,and I need to do cheapest which is lapband.Was wondering how much is it?Im on disability so need to see what im up against

All depends on who you go to that determines the cost. My doctor in Kansas, his is $16,000 if you pay cash. I do know that most do financing and I don't know if you can petition your insurance or not. Try it and see what they say, the worst they can tell you is No! To me this was a decision that I made to make my life healthy and long and to be around for my kids and to watch them grow up and have kids of their own, to teach them healthy habits of eating right. Kids see you eating crap and they are going to eat the crap too.

You want the weight to come off slowly as it is more likely to stay off, your skin can keep up with the weight lost versus gastic bypass which most people have saggy skin cause they lose so much so fast.

I would contact someone in your area and see what they say. They may be able to finance it for you. I know that True Results has a program where you can earn money by giving people a referral code.

good luck

I had lapband surgery 6/27/11 and have lost 46 lbs. I am also working out 4-5 times a week.

I have received all my doctor and hosptial bills already. I have BCBS Federal which pays 85%.

After the surgery I owed the following:

My surgeon = $200

Surgery (includes hospital, drugs, anethesiolgist, etc) = $2700

I know my the hospital bill alone was around $27,000.

Hopes this helps. I am so glad I made the decision!

I am off my Blood Pressure and Cholesterol medicine already!:rolleyes:

I live in Nashville,and I live on the states ins,and they wont pay for any weight loss.Plus no doctors in my area take the ins.I probably will be fat forever

I live in Nashville,and I live on the states ins,and they wont pay for any weight loss.Plus no doctors in my area take the ins.I probably will be fat forever

like I said contact a lap band center, they may be able to help you.

I had lapband surgery 6/27/11 and have lost 46 lbs. I am also working out 4-5 times a week.

I have received all my doctor and hosptial bills already. I have BCBS Federal which pays 85%.

After the surgery I owed the following:

My surgeon = $200

Surgery (includes hospital, drugs, anethesiolgist, etc) = $2700

I know my the hospital bill alone was around $27,000.

Hopes this helps. I am so glad I made the decision!

I am off my Blood Pressure and Cholesterol medicine already!:rolleyes:

Pammie Sue,

How hard was it to get your surgery approved by BCBS Fed? Do you have the standard option? My BMI is around 38 but I have co-morbidities. I am nervous. I have jumped thru the hoops as far as I know. Just need to lose about five more pounds that the surgeon requires. Thank you.

Melinda

I started my preop stuff June 2010. By the time I finished my final stuff, it was submitted last Novermber and of course BCBS Federal did not get back to me unitl Jan 2011 -- new year, new rules..I didn't think it was fair, but I had come to far! So I had to do 6 months of doctor suprvised diet and nutritional counseling. Finally I was approved early June :rolleyes: and had surgery 6/27/11!

I was banded with Plication last Monday, 8/22 and as of this past Monday, 8/29 I lost 16 pounds. I did not have a high BMI going into this either. I don't know about you but I've never in my life lost this kind of weight in one week. I was a self pay and I'm from Pittsburgh. My surgery cost $16,500 which I ended up taking out a personal loan for. In my mind, my health is much more important to me than the cost. Best of luck,

wow jesa ur beginning weight is my goal weight.you werent that big

I had my lapband surgery on 3/8/11 - I am now down 69 lbs with total inches lost of 29.50. Total of my bill was roughly $40,000.00 - majority of that cost was the hospital, Dr bill was around $12,000.00 - my insurance covered majority and I only had to pay $500.00 out of pocket, $250.00 of which was the hospital bill.

I will say, you get out of it what you put in it...if you follow your Doctor's program (they are all different) and exercise you will see the weight come off.

Good luck, it will be the best decision you ever make - I know the day I walked into the Dr's office, was the first day of my new life :biggrin3:

I am having surgery with Dr Ortiz in Tijuana on 10/28. You can google him, or google Obesity Control Center. My sister and I are each paying $6000, which includes the surgery, aftercare (fills with fluro will be $100) one night in the hospital there (unless complications arise, of course) - which is a center that is ONLY for weight loss surgery, so there is slim to no chance you will get something from the hospital that you really don't want..like staff infection.. and a few nights in the TJ Marriott, which, from what i've seen and heard, is a beautiful property which caters to Dr Ortiz's patients, so they have broths and Soups on hand especially for them. We are lucky to live in Vegas, which is close enough to drive down there for the fills. It's a great price, and from what I've seen - and I've been researching for over a year - he's an amazing doctor with more experience than any doctor I've researched in the US. It sounds as if you REALLY need this surgery and I think it's so horrible that insurance will not cover it. In the long run, it would actually SAVE them money if it prevents us from getting diabetes, heart disease, and all the other diseases that come from obesity. Anyway, Ortiz and many other doctors in Mexico are wonderful doctors. Check them out!

If you live far away and can't get the fills done down there, you can go to a fill centers USA for fills and aftercare. Their membership is like $500 and fills are $200-$300, I think. Make sure you find one that uses fluro, since most of the people i've read about with complications got their fills without. It is still cheaper to go to Mexico and use Fill Centers and/or your primary dr for aftercare than it is to pay the $16000 plus for the surgery in the US.

Good luck, and I wish you well!