Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what kind of inscion is used with lap band

I have a question. what kind of on inscion is used for the lap band. I have herd diffrent things through people that never had it. I had a robotic hysterectomy last yr and only had four small holes now I am being told that it like a bikini cut and from whar I hear it takes longer to heal is this true?

Tamika

i have five incisions.. two which are very little like size of a pen then i have two that is about 1/2 inch and then i have one thats about 1.5 inches.

I watched the procedure on utube and it was 5 incisions

I also have 5 incisions. This was absolutely NOTHING like the bikini-cut incision I have from my c-section and healing was nothing like that... MUCH easier.

There is a thread about "scar stages". Take a look at it. I think it is pinned at the top of the post op forum. My largest incisions is about two inches long. Another one is an inch and the other three are about a quarter of an inch.

My mom had her procedure done and they are so small!! Her port incision is maybe a inch and half long and the other incision look like dot they are already starting to heal and im very confident they will faded and become barely noticeable

I have a question. what kind of on inscion is used for the lap band. I have herd diffrent things through people that never had it. I had a robotic hysterectomy last yr and only had four small holes now I am being told that it like a bikini cut and from whar I hear it takes longer to heal is this true?

Tamika

My incisions are 5, only 1 is visible which is about 1.5 inch long and the rest have dissapeared completely, one was between breast (where bra line is) and then belly button, and two more in abdomen. they have dissapeard. the only one u can notice is the 1.5 one thats where the port is at. If you have any more questions add me on FB www.facebook.com/kfrancolapband

i have 3 incisions. the port is about an inch and a haf, one is about not even 1/2 inch and the one between my breast looks like a pen dot. not sure what they even did with that!

thanks I was worried but I see it will be just like my hysterectomy just the inscions will be in diffrent places. I didnt care if I got scaring because its VERY unlikely that anybody would see my tummy lol but thanks for answering my questions

My first question when I was all groggy and just woke up in recovery was "how many incisions do I have?" haha... 4. My doctor does single incision surgery, but he doesn't know if you're a candidate for it until he's actually in the operating room. I'm not exactly sure why. Anyway, I have 4. 3 are tiny. You can barely see them and I'm less than a month post-op. And my port incision is about an Inch, maybe smaller. My three small incisions never hurt. My port incision is a different story :-)

I have five incisions. One on the left that is for the port that is 3/4" long, one just to the left of my belly button that is 1.5" long, one to the right of my belly button that is 1" long, one on my right side that is 3/4" long and one just just below my breast in the center that is 1/2" long. They are healing very quickly, but itch like crazy....LOL!

I only have one incision in my belly button..... It is called the SIL procedure. single incision lap band.

Traditional Lap-Band surgery usually involves five small incisions into the abdominal cavity. Most of these are no more than one to two inches in length. These are used for placement of cameras and surgical equipment. If necessary, a larger incision may be made, up to five or more inches in some cases. This is rare, as it usually only happens during a complication or if the Lap-Band is being placed during another procedure, such as a tubal ligation or other surgery.

Thanks

my doctor has told me he will only do 2 to 3 insitions.

5 incisions for me too. The longest being where the port is near my belly button. It is not more than 1.5 inches like others have described.