Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band? What Lap Band?

So I've lost 20 since my banding June 24th, and that's wonderful. I had my first fill Aug. 11th and feel nothing different. If anything I feel hungrier. I feel like it's all me and my eating, and that I'm just on another diet. I'm going away Tuesday for two weeks (Greece) and it's hard enough not eating at home here. ugh. Need some positive reinforcements. <_<

i didn't get any feeling of restriction until my 3rd fill. you are doing fine and they say 1 to 2 lbs per week so your skin has time to catch up with the elasticity because of the fat lost. just watch what you eat, don't over indulge, stop when you are satisfied, not full as in an hour you will be super full. have a good time, you are on vacation. i was in Vegas for a week and ate really good, i mean rich, good food and did not gain a lb, i even drank there. just be diligent and have a good time.

Drink plenty of Water, it is important to keep you going. It will help with the hunger. The choice of food is just as important as how much. This isn't a diet, it is a change of life(food)style. I haven't had restriction at all, except when I was once to tight. You need to remember how much you should eat, you are in controll. I went with the band so I wouldn't have to give up to much. I can still taste the cake and not feel gulity. If I have my Protein in and my fluids, that is a really small taste and I am happy. Eat slowly, giving your mind time to know, and only eat till satisfied....not full. Also, Greece would have me so excited, food would have a very small place in my life. Remeber the rules and have a blast!

I get what you're saying, but drinking Water, eating slow, only eating til satisfied, etc. are all the same rules as any diet plan I've ever been on. I just kind of feel like if I could have done all these things before, I wouldn't have chosen to do something as drastic as the band. And why fill the band if you don't feel any restriction? I'm seriously questioning why I spent an inordinate amount of money and went through surgery if all I had to do was have the 'self control' to change my eating lifestyle without it, if that makes sense.

Drink plenty of Water, it is important to keep you going. It will help with the hunger. The choice of food is just as important as how much. This isn't a diet, it is a change of life(food)style. I haven't had restriction at all, except when I was once to tight. You need to remember how much you should eat, you are in controll. I went with the band so I wouldn't have to give up to much. I can still taste the cake and not feel gulity. If I have my Protein in and my fluids, that is a really small taste and I am happy. Eat slowly, giving your mind time to know, and only eat till satisfied....not full. Also, Greece would have me so excited, food would have a very small place in my life. Remeber the rules and have a blast!

You need to be more patient. You are in what we call "bandster hell," those few months after surgery where you don't have good restriction yet and have to utilize a lot more self-control. Not gonna lie, it sucks! You've only had one fill, and look how much you lost even without a fill! Don't be so hard on yourself. Some people are lucky and get good restriction right away, and others it takes 3-4 fills. You don't want to fill your band too much too quickly, that can cause a lot of problems. Hang in there and keep doing what you're doing...the restriction will come!

you need to be patient. it took 6 months of tweaking to get my band right. I felt the same way as you early on. stick with it and make all you adjustments. you will get there.

I get what you're saying, but drinking Water, eating slow, only eating til satisfied, etc. are all the same rules as any diet plan I've ever been on. I just kind of feel like if I could have done all these things before, I wouldn't have chosen to do something as drastic as the band. And why fill the band if you don't feel any restriction? I'm seriously questioning why I spent an inordinate amount of money and went through surgery if all I had to do was have the 'self control' to change my eating lifestyle without it, if that makes sense.

These are all things that we learn we must do Before we get the band. It is not a magic tool that will help you lose weight. If you don't eat right, eat large portions and dont work out you probably won't lose the weight. I would try to read up more on the band to be more informed.

You are supposed to work WITH the band to lose the weight, it doesn't work by zapping the lbs away by it's self, its only plastic.

The first few months post band you should focus of healing first of all and then trying to slowly lose weight. Losing weight fast can result in lots of saggy skin, hair loss etc. If you work with your band then you can lose this weight.

p.s super jealous you're going to Greece have fun :)

Y ou did it because you have no self control!!! None of us do and that where the band come in to play!!!! I been banded since Nov 22 and I have not had one fill. Empty I could go and get a fill and lose faster but I am ok!! It help me to have self control and not go over board!! Diet if we have a bad day we use that day to eat all day then start over the next!!! Dieting is a never ending cycle so this is not like a diet it about learning to make the right choice. I eat everything I want but small amount. I wish I could have done that without the band. Anyway I wish u the best of luck enjoy your trip. Remember this is a life style change not a diet mmmm that sound like weight watchers lol. Remember to embrace your band be bless