Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I guess I've reached MY final goal:)

Okay, when I started this process my goal was to be a size 6. Years ago I was a size 8 at 145 pounds so I figured I needed to be around 135-138 to be a size 6. As of today I can wear a size 6 and I'm at 155 pounds.

How is that possible? I'm planning to get a Tummy Tuck next spring but really I don't have that much sagging skin. There's no way I could have 20 pounds of sagging skin and it's not because I'm working out because I admit I suck at working out:(

So I'm happy that I've reached my goal size but I'm confused as to how and why. Is it just because clothing sizes have changed so much over the years?

I don't want to take your pleasure away for being a size 6...it is wonderful. 30 years ago...ok, 40 yrs ago I was a size 10 at the wt I am now and I am in a size 6 now, so I think the sizes have changed. I feel like bra sizes have changed to because the cup size I am now used to be an A+ or small B and now is a C. It is confusing. When the Aussies post their sizes as well as English, I think their sizes are more true to our old sizes. Whatever is going on, though, I LOVE declaring I am a size 6, LOL!!!

Congratulations and best wishes as you go into the maintenance phase.

Mimi

I know what you mean! I have some old size 9's that are too small even though I'm wearing a 6 now. But then again the 9's are high waisted where most of today's jeans are lower waisted so it's sort of hard to compare them. In Old Navy jeans I can even wear a 4 just because they are so stretchy.

Sizes seem to be all over the place now.

I have size 20's that are to big, a size 20 that is I can get on but it's tight, a size 18 that is also pretty tight and two size 16's that fit great! talk about size ranges. ;-)

I think the manufacturers are screwy....I can try on the same size in the same style and they fit totally different..but take that size 6 and run with it! Congrats!

Wow! Congrats! Yeah sizes definitely vary. Yesterday I went to try on wedding dresses (my 2nd wedding so I'm going with a simple pink short froc, not a full on wedding dress) and the lady measured me. Last weekend I tried on a pair of size 8 Levi's at Macy's and they fit. That's definitely the bottom half of me. The top half is still XL. At least it's not 3XL like it used to be. Anyway, after the lady measured me, she told me the top half of me was a size 16 and my hips were a size 4. Wow. A size 16. Now she explained to me that wedding dresses are usually 2 sizes smaller than regular sizes which would actually put me at a 12. But I'm very unhappy with that too.

So, while I weigh 151, I wear an 8 in pants and shorts and an XL on the top. Not sure how you fit into a 6 at 155. Maybe you're taller (I'm 5'5"). But good for you! I can't wait to be in a 6 on the bottom and maybe a L on top!

Marci

Girl I don't know either. I'm 5' 5 1/2". My tops are smalls and medium.

Hmm, my scale is digital surely my scale is right. I mean I weigh on that same scale constantly so I'd notice if the battery needing replacing surely.

Girl I don't know either. I'm 5' 5 1/2". My tops are smalls and medium.

Hmm, my scale is digital surely my scale is right. I mean I weigh on that same scale constantly so I'd notice if the battery needing replacing surely.

I am almost exact to you...I am 5'6...155 though I float between 152 and 155 this past few weeks. I wear a 8..small and medium tops...and just recently bought some Calvin Kleins that were a 6 though they have stretch to them. I can get 6's on and almost buttoning but still a bit too uncomfortable for me. I figure I'll be there soon enough so I am truly not rushing it...my 8's have me very satisfied and yes I have a large amount of skin(thank God for Spanx)

Vanity sizing. I'm 150 at 5'7" and a size 6. In the old days at this weight I was a 10.

And yet I'm 5ft 10, 135 and a size 8.

But its true that sizes have changed. They were definitely smaller years ago.

Just let the jobs keep going overseas, and in a year I hope when I take off the most of this,,,, well,,,, I won't even know where to start to find cloths or sizes.....

But SPOILTMOM: A big time Congrats thrown your way... You been through a lot, and you earned it. So again CONGRATS ! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Okay, when I started this process my goal was to be a size 6. Years ago I was a size 8 at 145 pounds so I figured I needed to be around 135-138 to be a size 6. As of today I can wear a size 6 and I'm at 155 pounds.

How is that possible? I'm planning to get a Tummy Tuck next spring but really I don't have that much sagging skin. There's no way I could have 20 pounds of sagging skin and it's not because I'm working out because I admit I suck at working out:(

So I'm happy that I've reached my goal size but I'm confused as to how and why. Is it just because clothing sizes have changed so much over the years?

Confused too. I've lost 137 lbs and I'm in a 14 loose. Years ago (35) I did WW and lost 62lbs weighed 141 and was in a 12.

Hats off to you = great job.