Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Fill Bandsters

I am early in the game but 2 months out and no fill and at this time have no intent to get one. I am down 39 pounds including pre op diet and and continue to lose around 2 pounds a week. Doctor and I agreed last week that I was fine without a fill at this time and my next appt is in January unless I decide to want a fill before then. Unless things change I will continue just as I am.

Glad to see so many of you losing weight without the need for fills on the short term at least. It is inspiring me to keep the path of increased exercise and better food choices. By doing that, and along with the lap band I think that is truly the recipe of success.

I have been searching the net for info on lap banding and successful weight loss with no fills. I also have no fill and lm almost 3 mths post op. My surgeon almost insisted l have a fill at my last visit because he said he hasnt come across a bandit who declines a fill. I have restriction and lm not hungry between meals, my food choices have completely changed since being banded. I can onlly eat small portions or l become very uncomfortable so l declined any fill which he did not seem impressed with me. I asked him if my weight loss wasnt good enough for him and he agreed that l was doing very well but he was amazed that l still did not want a fill.... Well in saying that now he has met a bandit who is doing well without a fill, l guess we are all different and lm glad there is others out there like myself........

I haven't been on this site in months, but just wanted to chime in again for Mihela's sake and let her and well, all of you know that I'm just under a year out and still no fill. The loss has definitely slowed down, but i'm down about 90 pounds with no fill, so i'm very proud of that.

I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds by my 1 year bandiversary, so fingers crossed.

I can eat any type of food that i want to eat but the hunger monster in my head is still quiet. i don't constantly think about food and i rarely eat more than i should. (usually only that time of the month, sorry if that's tmi :P ) i still don't work out as much as i need to and while the weight loss has stalled, i haven't gained anything. i am still fat but I am so happy where i am that i'm honestly ok if i stay here for a while. it took me 30+ years to gain all of this weight, so i know it won't disappear over night :)

i do have a lot of energy and i can walk everywhere without tiring or falling out of breath. life has really changed for me in the past 11 months. so, that's my no fill story so far. i hope it continues that way as I don't want to get a fill ever if i can help it.

I am now almost 10 months out and still no fill. I feel like I am doing well without it and plan on holding off as long as I can. Last time I saw the surgeon, he told me he would see me again in 6 months!

I was banded almost 6 months ago... & still no fill. I've lost 66 pounds, so far... & my doctor isn't pushing me to get a fill (he says it's unusual not to need one, but that he's very happy with my progress). I'm glad there are others out there in the same boat (I've been looking for others with the same experience!).

Here I am again, almost 4 years and still no fills. I leveled off at my current weight and when holidays come around I tend to have a cookie or two. I have had 2 stuck episodes without fills and cannot even imagine how that must feel if I did have fills. I am happy where I am and do not plan on ever getting any fills. My husband seconds that since he has seen how I suffered with the "stuck" problem. I know it was my fault eating too dry of pork roast and dried out ham but live and learn is the lesson here. I can go anywhere from 4-5 hours before feeling hungry and like everybody else, it is the head hunger that is always there and is my demon. This band works just fine for me unfilled and personally I don't care what the other people say about getting the band and you have to have fills. Not true at all. There are about 4 or 5 people from the same doctor office where I had my surgery that lost over 100 pounds with no fills. I believe that everybody is different and this is why it varies by individual. No they did not put any fill in my band at surgery. I have a very senstive stomach and the slightest upset or too much stress makes it hard to get anything down other than liquids. The band is a wonderful tool, just pay attention to your body and use the knowledge from others if it pertains to you personally and if not, listen to your own body because I have yet to find two people the same in this journey.