Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First fill One month post op 5.5cc

Hey guys so today I'm one month post op and I went for a fill. All together I have lost 16 lbs but felt no restriction with bam and was starving all the time. Today I went for the fill and my surgeon did 5.5ccs to me this is a lot?!? Is this the normal starting point for a first fill??

Hey guys so today I'm one month post op and I went for a fill. All together I have lost 16 lbs but felt no restriction with bam and was starving all the time. Today I went for the fill and my surgeon did 5.5ccs to me this is a lot?!? Is this the normal starting point for a first fill??

My first was one month after surgery with 4. Followed one month later with another fill, and the month after that.

The first fill is usually a lot. They have to fill up the band and also the tube that runs from your port to your band.

I just had my first fill this morning and I got 4.35 cc's. My band can hold 12 cc's. Hopefully it's enough restriction for me! I wish I got 5.5!

That is a lot to me for a first fill.

I've been banded for over a year now and I'm just at 5.9cc.

Admittedly I had to cancel a couple of appts to be filled but my surgeon has always been very conservative with fills. I think my first fill was 1cc.

When I went for my last fill he threatened not to give me one because I had not lost any weight. The band is supposed to be a tool to help you if he doesn't fill me properly how is the band supposed to help? He accused me of sitting and eating ice cream and cake. I am not into sweets and am that rare one that does not like ice cream. I was very insulted . He finally gave me a tiny fill , less than 1cc. So I'm now still not losing because I can eat more, not sweets but regular food.

I'm having to rely on sheer willpower just like any other diet I've been on and I'm really not losing like I should. I've been at the same weight up or down a couple of pounds for almost 4-5 months now.

My next appt is on 9/21 and I'm struggling to lose a few pounds by then so that I can get a sizable fill and start to lose again.

Very frustrating.

Wow some of these surgeon are not empathetic at all!! My surgeon is my to go guy I've been with him for almost a year because I had to get my appendix and gallbladder out before I was banded I've seen him at least 2-3 times a month since January so maybe because e knows me and my body he knows what I can take. I am a month out and am stuck at this weight I mean I'm happy I'm not gaining but come on I want to see some pounds rolling off I'm doing my part. I actually don't think this is tight enough for me but I'm going to give it some time and see. Have faith and you will get through this and f you're having problems consult with another lap band surgeon.

Wow! Your doctor reminds me of why I stopped going to Weight Watchers back when--- the instructor gave me such awful, accusing looks when I gained (even though I was dong a maximum of 1200 cal a day!), that I got an upset stomach before each weigh-in cause of being so nervous of her possible criticism!

Changing WW meetings is pretty easy. But I can't imagine changing doctors being an easy task. So maybe talk to your doctor about how he is making you feel, and ask him to not react that way if possible cause it is counter productive for you.

Super good luck!

What band do you have?

My first band I had 5cc put in my band ( it held 11cc) for my first fill but my doctor wanted to put in 7. I know another girl that got 9cc put in as her first fill ( her band was also 11cc)

My second band, my doctor put in 4cc during surgery then after a few weeks I only got a 1cc fill ( this band holds 10cc)

Someone mentioned they have a 12cc band? I have never heard of a 12cc band unless you are considering 1cc to be put in the tubing. Bands usually are 4cc, 10cc, 11cc or 14cc. What band is 12 cc?

My band is 11 cc. And after almost a week I don't feel any restriction still so I guess I answered my own question I'm going to give it a few more weeks but if I don't see any weight loss I think I'll get another fill