Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know here in Kansas City, there are lapband centers and they do fills. I don't know how much they charge, but I am sure there is a center near you somewhere.

Wow! I have never even heard of this. I don't know, it seems scary to me. Good luck with what your doing.

It is up to you what you want to do, but if you do your own fills and something goes wrong (either from the fill or otherwise, like a band slip or erosion) there isn't an insurance company in the world that will cover any surgery to correct it and it will end up costing you thousands of dollars. I would try really hard to find a doctor or fill center or some other alternative other than doing it yourself. You need to have someone that knows what they're doing and knows how much to put in/take out based on your diet and weight loss. Please be careful, you could really end up doing more harm than good.

Just my personal view on this OP:

Every now & then, such an inquiry surfaces regarding self fills. Open discussion, as far as I can tell, is not at issue.

After due consideration, in the notion that Bandsters at large are consenting adults capable of making rational decisions, this thread is left open as long as no forum rules are violated, and pending reconsideration if necessary.

I too understand the frustration leading to consideration of self fills. In no way would I choose to do such to myself.

1) The potential for self injury, infection, or damage to the hardware is considerable, IMHO.

2) The potential for GIANT liability for those individuals doing such in the circumstances mentioned above, could well lead to litigation and drastic financial ramifications.

Part of the cost of having the properly certified Fill Center or your own surgeon's office perform such procedure, is they have insurance such such prove necessary.

If the cost of initial surgery is considerably, ask what the complications of septic abdomen might include.

Just my personal view on this OP:

Every now & then, such an inquiry surfaces regarding self fills. Open discussion, as far as I can tell, is not at issue.

After due consideration, in the notion that Bandsters at large are consenting adults capable of making rational decisions, this thread is left open as long as no forum rules are violated, and pending reconsideration if necessary.

I too understand the frustration leading to consideration of self fills. In no way would I choose to do such to myself.

1) The potential for self injury, infection, or damage to the hardware is considerable, IMHO.

2) The potential for GIANT liability for those individuals doing such in the circumstances mentioned above, could well lead to litigation and drastic financial ramifications.

Part of the cost of having the properly certified Fill Center or your own surgeon's office perform such procedure, is they have insurance should such prove necessary.

If the cost of initial surgery is considerably, ask what the complications of septic abdomen might include.

I've done some pretty crazy stuff in my day and even I wouldn't attempt to do my own fill!

Wow...I'm surprised at all the negative comments....she's asking for advice not judgement. I happen to know a friend who does her own fills and has been doing so for the past few years. She also does a few other people in her circle of friends and has had no problems (knock on wood) now I've never done it and I personally feel more comfortable with my doctor doing it because he does it with fluro and last time he actually put too much in and had to remove it right away. He could only tell because of the fluro, I couldn't even tell. I'm just more comfortable with my doctor doing it, but if you have a good feel for your port area then more power to you! I would see if Amazon sells the needles that you need so that you don't have to steal them next time...

And for those who are even thinking of judging me for my comment ...go fly a kite! I'm not interested in what you have to say and your comments will not be entertained...

I am speachless.....Is this even safe?Just be careful, I can't imagine what would happen if it became infected.

I think this person posted this just to stir. How long has she been banded, yet this is the first time she has posted anything. Think about it - rather weird.

In my opinion, I think this is the right place for someone to be able to discuss what is on their mind regarding banding. Whether or not you agree, we should all be open minded and let the original poster state her feelings. I can remember the feeling of desperation when I knew I needed to do something to change my weight/health/life. I made the decision for the band and have not regretted it at all. But there have been moments of frustration knowing I need a fill but can't for another 4 weeks. I thought "This is a waste of 4 banded weeks that I could be losing weight". I don't wish that feeling of desperation and frustration on anyone.

People should feel free to say whatever they want on this post without be judged. If you have to say something, just don't be mean. There really is no reason for it. State your thoughts or concerns, but we are all here for the same general reason - Support.

Basically this is a grown adult doing something they feel they need to do. All I can say is I wish the very best for you on your journey. I thought the idea of finding an RN that will do fills for cheaper is wonderful. Keep researching and doing what you feel you need to do.

I am not trying to preach to anyone, but I have lived my life around a lot of mean people. People that insulted me to make themselves feel better. This took a toll on my confidence and esteem.

Just be nice... because life is too short, and no one gets out alive. Take care all! rolleyes.gif

girlie me all you want, but it seems u are the girl.

Im sure there a ton of "peeps" as u call them that are doing their own fills, ( ya right) and will be quick to respond to your ridiculous post on a PUBLIC FORUM.

Well actually yes there are. I know of people who are banded, and actually received training from their surgeons to be able to do fills on others and on themselves.

Wow.... i can't believe how badly some of you are behaving..... I also know of a few people who "self fill". For the very reason she has. They went down to Mexico and no doctor will see them.

Desperation makes people do and think of doing thing they would normally not. I my self would If i had too.... HELL YES. If i had to fill myself to stay thin.... WERE IS THE NEEDLE AND SALINE...!!! And you all no DANG well you would do the same to stay thin... don't even try and kid yourselves...

Most every one of us have come in here and asked CRAZY questions..... That's what a forum is for... just in case you all didn't know that.....

So .... Lynette.... if you feel comfortable doing it... it's your body and I pray that everything keeps going well....

On another note.... maybe a support group would be able to connect you with a RN that could do it for you...

I'M SPEECHLESS RIGHT NOW!!!!! Really?!!?!?!? WOW!!!

I'm not educated enough to know if this is right or wrong...so I will just stay in my lane and read the comments! I haven't got banded yet...so I'm CLUELESS!!! LOL!!!

I am appalled at the responses. She is just asking a question; not asking for criticism. Good luck on finding out how to do your self-fills. I pray that someone reads this post and give you the answers you are seeking. For all of you hypocrites, please read Matthew 7:5 and think about the bad decisions we have all made to get into the situation we are in to even need to get a band. Same difference.