Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So we all know Protein is a HUGE part of being banded. I was reccomened Unjury protein. It's medical grade and it actually taste pretty decent. However, you only get 17 scoops per container and it's $20. Kind of on the expensive side. Any other medical grade recomended protein mixes out there?!

Chrisse, I don't know. I recommend get Protein the old fashion way....through your food servings. I know its an all day thing but it will keep u from being broke. go to lapband.com and register at their site and then look up some of the recipes that they have. also check out the food pyramid and see what foods are good sources of protein. I am currently sticking with Protein Shakes. yoplait greek yogurt, a banana, and soy milk blended in a blender. i can't afford the pricey protein shakes that they want us to buy from the doctors office or nutritionists. As soon as I can swallow, I will be going to GNC and hooking myself up with some whey protein. Good luck in your search and hope everything works out for u.

So we all know Protein is a HUGE part of being banded. I was reccomened unjury Protein. It's medical grade and it actually taste pretty decent. However, you only get 17 scoops per container and it's $20. Kind of on the expensive side. Any other medical grade recomended protein mixes out there?!

I have never been a big Breakfast eater, but now after being banded, for Breakfast I make a milkshake in the blender using "Muscle Milk Lite", along with some fresh fruit for 25gm of protein. I also take liquid Protein (3o ml) which equals 15gm. So for breakfast I have 40 gm of protein. That keeps me going for the entire day with plenty of energy, and no appetite.

For lunch....I'm on the road all day so it varies as to where I'm at. But it is usually something small, perhaps a Wendy's Chili, tuna salad, etc. But with the protein I get for breakfast, I could, and have, gone with little or no lunch. Just plenty of Water throughout the day.

Then for dinner, I will have either fish, chicken or beef as a entree to get my remaining protein, along with veggies.

If I need to snack, I carry Protein Bars with me in my briefcase.

I keep "lean Cuisine" or similar frozen dinners in the freezer for those quick meals on the go.

I have been using Body Fortress that I buy at Walmart it cost 16.00 a container and is about a two week supply with the recipe I use and I get 52 grams of Protein per shake a day and drink two shakes a day and have one low fat 500 calorie meal as Iam on the pre op diet right now I use 2 scoops and 1 cup of skim milk once it is blended I add 4 ice cubes to give it a creamy milkshake consistancy I like the chocolate one of course and the vanilla one is good also but I find the Vanilla one a little to sweet it more like vanilla frosting flavored but when mix with fruit its much better and little to no after taste

I have never been a big breakfast eater, but now after being banded, for breakfast I make a milkshake in the blender using "Muscle Milk Lite", along with some fresh fruit for 25gm of Protein. I also take Liquid Protein (3o ml) which equals 15gm. So for breakfast I have 40 gm of Protein. That keeps me going for the entire day with plenty of energy, and no appetite.

For lunch....I'm on the road all day so it varies as to where I'm at. But it is usually something small, perhaps a Wendy's Chili, tuna salad, etc. But with the protein I get for breakfast, I could, and have, gone with little or no lunch. Just plenty of Water throughout the day.

Then for dinner, I will have either fish, chicken or beef as a entree to get my remaining protein, along with veggies.

I keep "lean Cuisine" or similar frozen dinners in the freezer for those quick meals on the go.

The Muscle Milk Ligt is some very good stuff isn't it !

I personally didn't much like Unjury. It wasn't horrible, but I couldn't see myself drinking it every day. I prefer Hydrowhey Turbo chocolate, found at the Vitamin Shoppe. It is also expensive, $37.00 for 2 weeks supply, but tastes like a real milk shake at Mc Donald's when blended for the recommended 30 seconds. I like to add cinnamon and vanilla to it and, when I'm eventually allowed to, I'll add crushed ice. I mix it with Skim Milk Plus Fiber...Awesome. I was even thinking of freezing it as a fudge pop. Any Protein Shake you find id going tobe expensive. I like the suggestion of using food, but I'm still on the liquid diet.< /p>

Oh, by the way, Hydro whey is 30 grams of Protein for one 12 oz. glass.

I like to drink my Protein. I love Isopure in the morning. A large container is cheap compared to how many servings you get. ALSO to get your protein in I would only use ONE SCOOP as opposed to two. I like the Jay Robb but it is pricey..I just use one scoop, that one scoop still gives me 25g of protein!! That's a lot and you save by not using 2 scoops.

I like to drink my Protein. I love Isopure in the morning. A large container is cheap compared to how many servings you get. ALSO to get your Protein in I would only use ONE SCOOP as opposed to two. I like the Jay Robb but it is pricey..I just use one scoop, that one scoop still gives me 25g of protein!! That's a lot and you save by not using 2 scoops.

How does it taste? I've been weighing all the different types of protein mix, most important being how much protein you get, second the calories, third the amount in container, and forth the cost. I did an unjury sample and it really was tasty. 20 grams of protein.. but its only 17 scoops per container for $20. Just can't weight if its worth it. I'll have to look up Isopure. Do you know how many calories?

I have never been a big breakfast eater, but now after being banded, for breakfast I make a milkshake in the blender using "Muscle Milk Lite", along with some fresh fruit for 25gm of Protein. I also take Liquid Protein (3o ml) which equals 15gm. So for breakfast I have 40 gm of Protein. That keeps me going for the entire day with plenty of energy, and no appetite.

I heard about the muscle milk light, but doesn't that actually have a higher caloric intake to help you gain weight? Can you mix the liquid protein in with the powdered drink for that extra protein or do you take them separately?

How does it taste? I've been weighing all the different types of Protein mix, most important being how much Protein you get, second the calories, third the amount in container, and forth the cost. I did an unjury sample and it really was tasty. 20 grams of protein.. but its only 17 scoops per container for $20. Just can't weight if its worth it. I'll have to look up Isopure. Do you know how many calories?

Honestly, I love it!! I enjoy it every morning. I like it in the blender, I put in 3 cubes, one scoop, and I have it with Water cause I am 11 days post op liquid but I was great with skim milk too. I also add one splenda (i like swet). It vanilla so you can put it in pudding too.

2 scoops are 200 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs, and 50 grams protein.

I like to use one scoop so that cuts down on how much you will use. Check it out in stores, or online. Its in GNC, Vit shoppe, online or health food stores like vitamine/shake shops. GOOD LUCK! I think Protein shakes are all preference too. It is pricey to try them out at such an expensive price but see if you can get samples to test the ones you like and dont. Enjoy! Cara

I heard about the muscle milk light, but doesn't that actually have a higher caloric intake to help you gain weight? Can you mix the liquid Protein in with the powdered drink for that extra Protein or do you take them separately?

I've been drinking this for 5 yrs. So I have a idea on the stuff.

It is 195 calories per 8 oz. shake, and 25 G of protein.

There are a lot of flavors to choose from, and if you wanted to add protein to it, I don't see why you couldn't.

Shirley.

I've been drinking this for 5 yrs. So I have a idea on the stuff.

It is 195 calories per 8 oz. shake, and 25 G of Protein.

There are a lot of flavors to choose from, and if you wanted to add Protein to it, I don't see why you couldn't.

Shirley.

Hi, I use Genisoy soy Protein powder. It has 25 gms of protein for 110 calories per shake. I think that it would have more protein if you made it with milk. I'm not sure since I don't drink any kind of milk. I just started my journey. Rebecca