Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone looking for a Fun Band Buddy?

Hi I'm Donna and I would also like to be a band buddy. Had my band on Aug 23 tues. weighted 222.2 on tues and today I weighted 214 so I am happy with that. Hey buddies does your doc want you to have 60 grams of Protein a day? I am not able to get that amount into my stomach cause I have had a sick in stomach feeling ever since the surgery. Please tell me about the protein. thanks all

Hello Donna, Agnes, and Cara.....

I am Dawn part of the band buddy support group. I hope everyone is doing well on their journey.

The hurricane Irene did not do much to me in Bayside.... How is everything with you?? Do you have power?? Was your house flooded?? I hope all was fine. Let me know if you need help.... I will try... I can't lift anything but I will be supportive all the same.

Hey Agnes... I had my surgery on the 23rd of August and I was able to eat puree foods the first day. I don't eat much but I give everything a try!!! My biggest problem is getting all of the Protein and Water down. That is a full time job. How are you doing with that part of the diet???

Hello Donna yes my doctor has told me 60 grams of Protein a day!!! It is a hard job but I am trying my best. How are you doing other wise??? I think you should let your doctor know that you feel sick in the stomach so he can give you something for that........ I don't think you should feel that way.

I hope to talk to anyone of you soon!!

Hi Buddies: O.K. with Irene. Funning thing though the earthquake that ocurred last tuesday while I was in the recover room from my band surgery. That earthquake could have been right under my bed I was sooooooooooooooo sick from the operation. That sick in the stomach feeling is about gone I think because I am able to eat some creme Soup and lipton chicken noodle soup. the noodles are almost invisible so that really helped me. there has got to be some way to get that Protein in please give me some ideas. lol

Hey Donna.... the Protein shakes are the easiest way to get your Protein in. I drink a Protein shake from costco and it has 30 grams of protein. So I try to drink two of those a day and I get my protein in that way.

I was allowed to start eating puree food right after surgery... so I eat... fish, tuna, Beans and eggs to get my protein in. Just some ideas.

I was in surgery when the earthquake hit. I am glad I made it out ok!!!

I'm BAAACCCKK!!!

Whew, what a week. I JUST got my power back on at 7:30pm this evening. No damage to the house and no flooding, as we live on the south shore of long island, 1 block away from the Water, but the trees in my neighborhood knocked every other power line down. It been a nightmare but survived almost a WEEK of no power.

we had no fridge so chobani's were out after tuesday. It was rough and I either picked up a muscle milk at 7-11 or brought a chobani 1 at a time. I ate out for the first time for my son's first bday..we went to friendly's I had less than half of a bowl of chili. I ate slow and YUMMM it was sooo good! LOVED IT! going to start food shopping and cooking this week. I will be planning my meals ahead of time. Hope everyone is well and what have I missed? how is everyone doing????? Be in touch and im back on now so will be here usually every day!

Anyone still looking for a buddy??????