Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! Surgery is tomorrow, quite excited I must say with a little nervousness! Does anyone have any suggestions to Protein Shakes? I have tried just about all of them and can not drink them. Suggestions?

Hi! Surgery is tomorrow, quite excited I must say with a little nervousness! Does anyone have any suggestions to Protein shakes? I have tried just about all of them and can not drink them. Suggestions?

Have you tried powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury? I ordered a sampler and really enjoyed their chocolate supreme. I am in process of trying out the Protein powders to see which I like for when I have my surgery. It's not sold in stores, I've heard that some doctors have it in their office, but you came buy it right from the company at www.unjury.com.

I to like Unjury Protein Powder. They have all sorts of flavors. I don't just do a shake, I make a smoothie. Yogert,milk,protein powder, and a little fruit in a blender. Or use the unflavored in whatever you like. When I use the unflavored in something I can tell there is something there but it's not a bad taste. I have even put unflavored in my coffee, Soup, Jello, and pudding. Hope this helps...

dont go all out with the Protein Shakes, get some muscle milk light and call it a day. it works great, tastes... sorta good (better than others) and at only 100 calories per shake its fantastic.

I couldn't stomach any of the Protein Shakes i tried...they were soo nasty and if i managed to chug them it made my stomach upset...after talking to my dietician she recommended fruit juice Protein drinks..they still taste a little funny to me but it was a huge difference when compared to anything milky. The ones i bought are Isopure brand. Hope that helps =)

Thanks Everyone! Great Advice, much appreciated!!

Have you tried the Syntrax Nectars? They have a slew of flavors and I have enjoyed them all. I'm drinking one now called "sweet tea" and it's just like sweet tea. You can order them from their site or at Amazon.com.< /p>

I really enjoy the Any whey Protein powder, no taste. I mix it with sf choc carnation instant Breakfast for 29 g of protein. It tastes great!!!! I believe you can get Any Whey in GNC's, I get mine from my docs office. Make sure it is "Any Whey".

Hi Leepfrog,

I was banded on 8/12/2011 and I, too, was nervous and excited all at the same time. I am 5 days post-op and it has not been too terribly bad just soreness and a little pain when sitting up too long. I've been using this Protein shake that I got from the clinic I had my banding. It is true results Protein Shake - strawberry. I like it quite a bit. I think that you just have to find one that you like to drink so you will be consistent in drinking it.

I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and despite how you may initially feel; it does get better and I am down 10lbs. so.... stay encouraged and focus.

Toni

Hi! Surgery is tomorrow, quite excited I must say with a little nervousness! Does anyone have any suggestions to Protein shakes? I have tried just about all of them and can not drink them. Suggestions?

where do you usually purchase ur Protein Shakes and who suggests them to u??