Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would you get an unfill if you were me?!!!

Okay, I have 6.5cc in my band. Very.. very tight my hubby thinks I need an unfill. My last fill was .5cc. I can’t enjoy my food after 5 or 6 bites (less than about ¼ cup of food) I’m uncomfortable not stuck but uncomfortable. I can’t eat slider foods (yogurt, Protein Shakes, string cheeses) but everything else gives me problems unless I eat bites about half the size of you pinky nail lol. I’ve been pb’ing like crazy. Sigh…… I see my doc on 08/26 thinking about getting .25cc taken out, but what will this mean… Come on family what do you think.

If you are PBing and not comfortable then certainly discuss this with your Doctor ..an ubfill may be needed FYI my Surgeon and NP beleive no more than 1/2 cup each time and take 20 minutes to eat and STOP even if there is food left on my plate....after 30 minutes if I am still HUNGRY then eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup again ...my bites are very very small and I chew chew so far I have had no issues

Okay, I have 6.5cc in my band. Very.. very tight my hubby thinks I need an unfill. My last fill was .5cc. I can't enjoy my food after 5 or 6 bites (less than about ¼ cup of food) I'm uncomfortable not stuck but uncomfortable. I can't eat slider foods (yogurt, Protein shakes, string cheeses) but everything else gives me problems unless I eat bites about half the size of you pinky nail lol. I've been pb'ing like crazy. Sigh…… I see my doc on 08/26 thinking about getting .25cc taken out, but what will this mean… Come on family what do you think.

I would talk to my Dr.

I had 6 1/2 in my band and been having really bad reflux at night, to the point it was waking me up.Coughing like crazy!! This morning I went to see my Dr. and he took out .5. Im kinda sad of having Fluid taken out, but I want to stay healthy

I have to agree with Debora Ann, this is part of what you change in your eating lifestyle when you have the band. I would not get an unfill. I would instead adjust to the band rules much more. I have begun to eat with my daughter's baby spoon and fork because that IS the size of a bite you should be taking.

I have to agree with Debora Ann, this is part of what you change in your eating lifestyle when you have the band. I would not get an unfill. I would instead adjust to the band rules much more. I have begun to eat with my daughter's baby spoon and fork because that IS the size of a bite you should be taking.

Adjusting to the band is a great idea "not asking it to adjustment to me lol". I have 10 days before I see my doc I'm going to work on it.

Okay, I have 6.5cc in my band. Very.. very tight my hubby thinks I need an unfill. My last fill was .5cc. I can't enjoy my food after 5 or 6 bites (less than about ¼ cup of food) I'm uncomfortable not stuck but uncomfortable. I can't eat slider foods (yogurt, Protein shakes, string cheeses) but everything else gives me problems unless I eat bites about half the size of you pinky nail lol. I've been pb'ing like crazy. Sigh…… I see my doc on 08/26 thinking about getting .25cc taken out, but what will this mean… Come on family what do you think.

If you're already eating bites the size of an english pea.. and still having difficulty, you may need a .2 or .25 unfill.

Did you mean to say that you CAN eat slider foods?

Frequent refunding of food can lead to a band slip, so be very careful.

I'd rather have Fluid out myself and have the weight loss go a bit slower than risk a slip. You might give your doctor's office a call for their advice on what to do while waiting for your appt on the 26th. :)

You're way too tight. Get an unfill. And understand that you will likely have to have 0.75-1.00 cc taken out and not just 0.25 cc.

You've caused a lot of swelling by pbing and by not being able to eat, which is why you need more taken out. If your Dr insists on only taking out 0.25 then you need a new Dr. Get the full fill taken out that you had put in plus a little bit to help with the swelling.

Then you'll have to wait at least four weeks before you get another fill - to allow your body to heal. Do not rush the process.

You should be able to eat 1-2 CUPS of food per meal - not 0.25 cups.

And you should be able to eat a normal bite of food like chicken. If you can't easily eat solid Protein then you're too tight.

If you have to break food down to such a small size (half a pinky) then you are too tight and you will not get enough nourishment.

In summary - you are way too tight and you need an unfill.

Remember, the band isn't about restriction or not being able to eat. It's about staying fuller longer on less food (because you eat slower).

I just got my band and haven't had a fill yet. Can someone tell me what "PB" means? I see it on a lot of posts but haven't been able to figure out what it is

I WAS BANDED IN DEC 2010. I ALSO HAVE 6.5 IN MY BAND. I FEEL LIKE AFTER THE FIRST WEEK AFTER A FILL THE BAND LOOSENS UP AND IM ABLE TO EAT MORE OF A SELECTION OF food. I THINK THAT MAYBE YOUR FOOD SELECTIONS MIGHT NEED TO BE REVAMPED AND START FROM SCRATCH UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE AND WHERE YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE EATING AFTER A FILL. WE AREN'T SUPPOSE TO EAT MORE THAN A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF FOOD AND I STILL GET CONFUSED ABOUT WHY I CANT FINISH A SMALL YOGURT. IT'S PART OF THE BAND AND ITS PROCESS. I MYSELF ALSO NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SLOW DOWN AND NOT EAT LIKE I DON'T HAVE THE BAND. LOL. I FIND MYSELF RUNNING TO THE BATHROOM FASTER THAN YOU CAN BLINK. IF YOU GET FULL FAST THATS FINE. THE FOOD WILL BE THERE WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY AGAIN. I HAVE LOST 60 LBS SINCE I STARTED GETTING MY FILLS. BUT IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY UNCOMFORTABLE AND CANT EAT A NORMAL LAP BAND MEAL THE GET THE UNFILL. BUT SERIOUSLY THINK IF ITS BECAUSE YOUR OVER FILLED OR BECAUSE YOURE UPSET YOU CANT EAT MORE YUMMY FOOD. I HOPE I HELPED A LITTLE. I HAD TO GO BACK FOR AN UNFILL WHEN I ASKED FOR 7CC. OH BOY I WAS PB'ING EVERY FEW MINUTES JUST FROM SALIVA. NOT COOL. NOT COOL AT ALL. SO 6.5 IS MY SWEET SPOT. BUT SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT BE A 6 OR A 6.25. GOOD LUCK. I HOPE YOU FIND YOUR SWEET SPOT :0)

Adjusting to the band is a great idea "not asking it to adjustment to me lol". I have 10 days before I see my doc I'm going to work on it.

If you are loosing pretty fast the band seems to loosen up some on its own. When I got my 2nd fill which put me at 4.5 it was soooooo tight in the beginning and I thought oops I'm too tight. I decided to go with it and lost 15lbs the month of July! By the time I went in for my 3rd fill she wouldn't fill me but now the band is not as tight and it looks like the month of August will probably be about six or seven lbs. If you can drink good I would probably give it a little time. Best of luck!

Definitely get to the doctor and get some Fluid out! I had the same thing happen to me last year...I had a 0.5cc fill and I was way too tight, was PBing all the time and could hardly eat. I can be very stubborn, so I stuck it out for almost 3 months hoping I'd adjust. I ended up gaining weight because I could only eat slider foods (which, let's face it most of them aren't all that healthy) and irritating my stoma and going on liquids for a few days. My doc took out 0.2cc's and it was a world of relief! It's amazing how much difference just the tiniest of an adjustment can make.

I just got my band and haven't had a fill yet. Can someone tell me what "PB" means? I see it on a lot of posts but haven't been able to figure out what it is

i dont know either so i hope someone answers your question :)

PB = productive burp. It's when you burp and some food or liquid comes up with it. It happens to me mostly when I don't chew enough or when I've eaten too much. Not pleasant, but better than getting stuck.

Speaking from experience, and currently trying to heal a slipped band, I suggest you tell your Doctor everything you told us and that you will need a deflate.

Like somenoe earlier said being too tight causes swelling and potential damage.

Joan