Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe it's starting to work??

I've been venting and whining alot lately. Anyhow, I've gone the route of trying to really reduce my carbs and today....I got it.....that thing they tell you about eating slowly....LISTEN TO IT.

Gosh, I just had a fill about a week ago and maybe things are starting to fall into place because during lunch, which I usually have to work through so it is hard for me to concentrate on eating slowly...anyhow, I ate 3 small grilled chicken pieces and some veggies. I was NOT full in the least but that was my lunch so that was it. OMG, about 30 minutes later, I am so uncomfortable, Thanksgiving full.....this has never happened to me before so maybe the band is doing something finally and now I just need to slow it down!!!! Whoo hooo, maybe I'm getting some help and now I just need to pay attention. I hope I didn't stretch anything by being this full but this sensation has never happened before, I didn't get "full" if you know what I mean.

I don't know why I had to post this but I guess I'm excited that I've got some type of sensation. dinner, if I feel like eating, is going to be my next challenge....lets see if that little bit fills me up....GOSH, please let this be a good sign....I'm so excited I could cry right now.

:lol:

I'm happy for you :)

I am happy you did post this. I am curious to know what that full feeling is like.

I am happy you did post this. I am curious to know what that full feeling is like.

I think that is what I have to work on now....I never had a "feeling" before. I'd just eat my allotted amount and go back after 30 minutes cuz I was still hungry. Nothing was working for me.

I just had a fill last Monday and she lectured me about too many carbs in my diet so I've been trying to watch them and feel like I'm going through withdrawl. Anyhow, like I said...today, I had my 3 small grilled chicken pieces and some raw veggies. I ate them because that is what I was allowed. AND, I ate them relatively fast because I was sitting at my desk for lunch and not paying attention, but I didn't eat slowly and let me tell you 30 minutes after I ate....OMG, I'm FULL! I don't think I'm supposed to feel like this - Thanksgiving full - BUT, I think this is my trigger to let me know that the band is doing something now and if I slow down, I will get full. I don't think we are supposed to get that "thanksgiving" full feeling but just a "phew, that was good" feeling??? Maybe, I'm not really sure.

I'm going to give myself the allotted portion tonight for dinner and eat slowly and pay attention. I'll let you know how it works and if I get satisfied for a change on my smaller portion. Lets keep fingers crossed!

food passes through the band within a minute or two, so there is no chance you stretched anything after so small a meal, providing you ate at a reasonable speed. I wouldn't worry about it.

You shouldn't ever feel "full" in the sense of having overeaten. You should do as you've been doing - eat your meal, and that's that. "Full" is something that if you feel it immediately after eating, you ate too much. In this case, because it was a half hour later, chances are the stuffed feeling is bloating gas from the food itself.

Try next time to slow down and see if you don't feel like your appetite is gone when the food is done. If so, that is the feeling you should have - a lack of appetite. The band when properly adjusted will provide a feeling of satiety on a smaller amount of food, and you'll not be hungry for several hours.

But yes, what you're feeling is probably the delayed restriction some people report several days after getting a fill. iIt's like all of a sudden somebody threw a switch, and things are different. Take your time, explore the feelings of the new sensation, and incorporate that into your daily eating routine. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Everyone has a different experience with the band, but overall, it's a fantastic feeling when things start working for you. Hang in there - you're doing great!

Dave

I think something still needs to be cleared up. Yes food starts passing through your band within a minute or too but it certainly doesn't all go through that fast. I know that a lot of people now believe this based on a link to an article by Dr Simpson but he is not the God of the lapband world. It also doesn't sit in the pouch for as long as was initially believed. The truth is somewhere between the 2.

I very rarely feel full as I did prior band. That feeling would be felt in the stomach. Theoretically if the food did all pass through your band in a minute or too it would still be possible to get this feeling post band but for most of us it didn't happen. Full is usually felt much higher up, often in the throat and it is not a pleasant feeling it is really uncomfortable.

Yes sometimes the feeeling of having eaten too much can occur a while after having eaten, it is not always immediate. That is one of the reasons that eating slowly is important.

Glad that your band is now starting to work for you. It is exciting when you start feeling the effects and reaping the benefits.smile.gif

I also had a fill last Thursday and I didn't feel any different until today. Today, 4 days after my fill I woke up not even thinking about eating. It was weird. I wasn't hungry at all. I didn't eat until 4pm and even then I wasn't starving-but I figured I 'd better eat something. I wasn't purposely trying to eat slow-but I found myself eating slowly. Maybe this was a fluke?? I really don't know-I guess I'll see if it continues. One thing that has really helped me lately is eating Proteins first and not drinking anything after I eat.

Good luck and continued success!! Let us know how it goes!