Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my third fill today, 7. ccs. Dr told me to stay on liquids today. Water going down fine. shake a little slower and more filling now. Tried some Greek yogurt and it won't down. I'll give it more time. Might swell up more. Only been a couple of hours.

Hi Bobrocky,

Glad to hear that last fill was OK and hopefully this one will be too. I have not ever had that much restriction. My Doc is stingy with the fills, .25cc each time. I think I'm getting close to 5cc. Take it easy today and keep us posted on your progress.

We can do this!

Blessings,

GG

GG - Congrats!! And thanks for all of the encouragement you give us all!

Healthywoman, I go back to the doc on Dec 5 and until then i'm trying to see if i can figure out a trigger food. It tends to come more in the evening so I'm thinking I may need to change my eating times or something. It's definetly not anywhere near the heartburn it was before. Before the hernia was fixed, I had to take a prilosec every night or I would wake up needing to throw up. So far, the heartburn has only been bad enough to make me take something 1 time.

Kelly, Have you told your doc about the heartburn? This can indicate problems with band placement. I too had a hiatal hernia repaired which stopped completely any heartburn I had before. Maybe you have a sensitivity to certain foods ie spicy, vinegar, or sugar. I can't eat mustard- its a guaranteed heartburn for me.

Caryn, Do you try any stress relieving techniques? Deep breathing, yoga, calming tea, primal screaming???? Might help you get thru the next three weeks. What are you studying?

GG-Congrats on the twenty pound mark - did you do the happy dance?? I just made it back to the 184 mark again after the halloween candy. I'm back on track and will go in next week for another fill.

Ms Lady-I'll pray for you to. Remind your mom if she gets sassy that you have lost 32 lbs, and this is just a minor problem. You have chosen to get healthy and she should be supporting you. We are all here for you.

Trevebyn-Are you hounding your doc's office to get this port issue taken care of?? Are you still losing?

Hope everyone has a good week. Healthywoman

Well, I stayed on liquids yesterday. Breakfast was fine, eggs went down normally. Had about 3-4 oz of Teriyaki chicken breast for lunch and boy things slowed down. I finally needed to chew, chew, chew and eat slowly. I could feel the Chicken going down and staying there a while, but I didn't get stuck. Then I waited and drank some V8 and could feel it going down. So, is this restriction finally? Feels very different now.

Hello my name is Darlene and I was banded on August 24. So far so good, I have not lost alot of weight but I do feel good. Did not have any complications with my surgery.

Good luck everyone. :rolleyes:

Calling all A11's what are you eating for mushies?

Bobrocky, sounds like it, hopefully it stays!

Hello Darlene!

I got my fifth fill yesterday! He put in 1/2 a cc. So I'm up to 10.5.

Hello,

I go to the Dr. on Dec.8 for my third fill. If I am reading the paperwork right I have 6.3 in my band. My weight loss is slow, but it will come. :rolleyes:

Hello Darlene!

Hello,

I go to the Dr. on Dec.8 for my third fill. If I am reading the paperwork right I have 6.3 in my band. My weight loss is slow, but it will come. :rolleyes:

Hello Darlene!

I am so FRUSTRATED! I need to vent...I had a PB experience again this morning, well it wasn't actually morning, but I had just woken up. I tried to eat a roast beef sandwich and I got stuck. I hate that feeling, it is one thing that I wish I could eliminate altogether. I thought I chewed really well, I guess not. Well my husband wasn't in there with me, and he started giving me a hard time when I told him what happened. (45 minutes of going back and forth from couch to bathroom incase a burp wasn't a burp, and grabbing at my chest like it was going to help) I guess I just wanted him to feel bad for me, and I got no sympathy what so ever. All I want to do is eat chocolate or something I know will go down with no trouble at all. My throat actually feels swollen, and I still haven't eaten a thing.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I am a raging B!tch right now, and I want to take it all out on the wrong foods!

Hi,

My name is Tammie. I was banded on 8-31-11. To date I've lost 34lbs. It's getting very frustrating though.I've had 3 fills and I still feel like

I can eat any and everything. I knew this way was the slow way but gosh! This is turtle slow haha

It does take a while. I'm just getting there myself, but it's better to be slow and cautious than to get over filled and not be able to eat and drink.

It does take a while. I'm just getting there myself, but it's better to be slow and cautious than to get over filled and not be able to eat and drink.

TRUE! I have definitely learned "the hard way" I cannot eat bread or steak haha

Well, I stayed on liquids yesterday. Breakfast was fine, eggs went down normally. Had about 3-4 oz of Teriyaki chicken breast for lunch and boy things slowed down. I finally needed to chew, chew, chew and eat slowly. I could feel the Chicken going down and staying there a while, but I didn't get stuck. Then I waited and drank some V8 and could feel it going down. So, is this restriction finally? Feels very different now.

My first PB was on grilled chicken. I think it's because it's so dry. From what I've read a lot of banders have trouble with it too. Glad you are seeing some restriction and didn't get stuck. It's about time we all have the bands working for us!

Blessings,

GG

Hello my name is Darlene and I was banded on August 24. So far so good, I have not lost alot of weight but I do feel good. Did not have any complications with my surgery.

Good luck everyone. :rolleyes:

Welcome Darlene. Glad to have you on this thread. Sounds like you are doing very well with no problems. That's terrific.

Have you had a fill yet?

Blessings,

GG

I am so FRUSTRATED! I need to vent...I had a PB experience again this morning, well it wasn't actually morning, but I had just woken up. I tried to eat a roast beef sandwich and I got stuck. I hate that feeling, it is one thing that I wish I could eliminate altogether. I thought I chewed really well, I guess not. Well my husband wasn't in there with me, and he started giving me a hard time when I told him what happened. (45 minutes of going back and forth from couch to bathroom incase a burp wasn't a burp, and grabbing at my chest like it was going to help) I guess I just wanted him to feel bad for me, and I got no sympathy what so ever. All I want to do is eat chocolate or something I know will go down with no trouble at all. My throat actually feels swollen, and I still haven't eaten a thing.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I am a raging B!tch right now, and I want to take it all out on the wrong foods!

Hi Jess,

I think some people have trouble with beef. It also might be the combination of the beef and bread. I stay away from bread unless it's toasted. I've heard it swells after we chew it and gets gooey.

Go ahead and vent. That's why we are all here. :) Don't go eat chocolate! Remember, we are all trying to stay away from the old habits. Go kick your husband or something. (just kidding) It's hard to sympathize with our plight unless you have been in our shoes and our spouses, while well intended, sometimes don't say or do the thing we need at the time. Love him anyway and don't hold a grudge. Believe me I've been there and done that and have the t-shirt too. Greek yogurt might feel good on your throat. Hope you are feeling better by now.

Blessings,

GG

Hi,

My name is Tammie. I was banded on 8-31-11. To date I've lost 34lbs. It's getting very frustrating though.I've had 3 fills and I still feel like

I can eat any and everything. I knew this way was the slow way but gosh! This is turtle slow haha

Hi Tammy,

Welcome to the thread. Wow you have done very well, 34 lbs is wonderful. It's hard limiting ourselves these first few months with our bands still being adjusted. We are all in the same boat with slow weight loss and plateaus and this is a great place to come for support. Come back and post often. You never know if what you post is helping someone else out there.

Blessings,

GG