Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another failed fill attempt..........still having problems with port. Looks like I will be going back under the knife again after all! :( :( :(

Sorry to hear, let us know how it goes.

Forgot to update but found out that port not flipped. And when I called the nurse she said that the doctor was hitting himself in the head because after I left he remember that he put in a low profile port (which I did not know) and they sometimes are difficult to access. I go in for another attempt for a fill tomorrow. And I am scared because the last episode was a little painful. I hope all goes well and I leave with a much needed fill. Well wishes to all and thank you all for your continous support! Much Love. :thankyou:

Another failed fill attempt..........still having problems with port. Looks like I will be going back under the knife again after all! :( :( :(

Oh no! Do they do it in the office or do you have to go back in the hospital? Bummer. :angry: I am so sorry. Try and keep you spirits up. It's not the end of the world and just a little blimp on this new journey. Keep us posted on what happens and when so we can pray.

Blessings,

GG

It will be done at the hospital...........anesthesia, more money, etc. I am scheduled for 11/18 and he said while he is in there he will give me a 1 cc fill (honestly that did not make me feel any better). I had a break down in doctor's office, the nurse was concerned about me, so much so she just told me to walk out the office don't worry about the copay or anything. I am just overwhelmed with this whole lapband situation right now, and I dread telling my mom (she will have to be my driver post-anesthesia) because I don't want to hear the I told you so's. I am trying GG.

Oh no! Do they do it in the office or do you have to go back in the hospital? Bummer. :angry: I am so sorry. Try and keep you spirits up. It's not the end of the world and just a little blimp on this new journey. Keep us posted on what happens and when so we can pray.

Blessings,

GG

It will be done at the hospital...........anesthesia, more money, etc. I am scheduled for 11/18 and he said while he is in there he will give me a 1 cc fill (honestly that did not make me feel any better). I had a break down in doctor's office, the nurse was concerned about me, so much so she just told me to walk out the office don't worry about the copay or anything. I am just overwhelmed with this whole lapband situation right now, and I dread telling my mom (she will have to be my driver post-anesthesia) because I don't want to hear the I told you so's. I am trying GG.

Good luck Ms. lady - just let this be a minor setback, not a major one. We all have minor ones in some way, shape or form.

:wink_smile: Thank you!

Good luck Ms. lady - just let this be a minor setback, not a major one. We all have minor ones in some way, shape or form.

OMG! Caryn I have the same freaking frustration. I can still wear the same size 22 jeans that I was wearing when I weighed 293 pounds. I am now down 39lbs and still wearing the same jeans. I put them on yesterday I shouted SERIOUSLY! I wore them all day and keep saying to myself I can't believe I am still wearing these! LOL!

I have the same problem! My scale isn't moving, the nurse didn't seem happy with my numbers, the doctor didn't seem like he cared about the #'s even thought she said he would. I just remind myself it's a long journey, take a deep breath and move on. Others say they see a difference, but it's hard to understand what they are seeing when i don't see it either. Oh well.

So, what are the papaya seeds for? I haven't had a stuck episode (close, but not a full episode). Does it help with just gas in general? Also, does anyone have a little heartburn? I have slight heartburn often, but nothing ever major. I had a hiatal hernia before surgery, it was fixed when I got my band so I'm wondering if it's just general heartburn (runs in the family too) or if it's something I should be concerned about. I have noticed it more when I haven't ate. What about snacking? I see that several are staying away from snacking, but I still snack some, since I am trying to follow my presurgery diet somewhat...

Confused....

Kelly

Good luck and don't let it mess with your head. Does your port feel any different? I only ask as I am still waiting for the x rays to find out if mine has flipped. Unfortunately I don't even have a date even though doc requested it 4 weeks ago. The joys of our nhs:(

No Trevebyn. I feel absolutely no difference. And my doctors keep asking me if I feel anything and I haven't, he seemed confused by that.

Good luck and don't let it mess with your head. Does your port feel any different? I only ask as I am still waiting for the x rays to find out if mine has flipped. Unfortunately I don't even have a date even though doc requested it 4 weeks ago. The joys of our nhs:(

I have the same problem! My scale isn't moving, the nurse didn't seem happy with my numbers, the doctor didn't seem like he cared about the #'s even thought she said he would. I just remind myself it's a long journey, take a deep breath and move on. Others say they see a difference, but it's hard to understand what they are seeing when i don't see it either. Oh well.

So, what are the papaya seeds for? I haven't had a stuck episode (close, but not a full episode). Does it help with just gas in general? Also, does anyone have a little heartburn? I have slight heartburn often, but nothing ever major. I had a hiatal hernia before surgery, it was fixed when I got my band so I'm wondering if it's just general heartburn (runs in the family too) or if it's something I should be concerned about. I have noticed it more when I haven't ate. What about snacking? I see that several are staying away from snacking, but I still snack some, since I am trying to follow my presurgery diet somewhat...

Confused....

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

It's papaya enzymes and they are supposed to help if you get a "stuck" episode. I think they must help with digestion quicker than normal. A lot of banders say they really work. I got mine at Walmart and they are chewable tablets and we can chew at least 4, 6 if we need them. The ones I got taste like a sweet tart and are actually good.

You're right. We are all still in the early stages of our lap band journey so try not to get discouraged when that scale doesn't move. Different Dr's tell us to do different things so I'd just stick with the program your Dr has you on as far as snacking.

Blessings,

GG

Bless your heart. I wish I was there to slap that Dr. and give you a big hug. Tell your Mom if she says I told you so I will come take her on! I bet I'm older and bigger than she is anyway. Remind her you are now 39 lbs healthier and feeling better too I bet. Keep your positive attitude and remember you have new friends on here that care about you and are walking along side you and wiil be praying for you too. We all understand what a big deal having to go through that again is going to be but this time it will be a lot faster and maybe with only one tiny incision. No 2 week pre-op either! You have done a great job up until now so keep up the good work and look at this as a little blip and get back on the program.

Blessings,

GG

:party:

Just wanted to share. After 2 weeks pre-op and 10 1/2 long weeks post op I finally hit 20 lbs today! Yeaaaaaah! Happy dance time. There is something so encouraging about 20 lbs don't you think? It makes me know for sure this is really going to happen this time. Before, the most I've ever lost at one time was 24 lbs so I am really close to breaking my past record.

We can do this!

Blsesings,

GG

Hi guys! My weights has also been fluctuating 2 to 3 lbs. When I weight myself. But two things that I think to not be discourage. 1) I would have never lost 26lbs on my own in three months and 2) the quicker I loose weight the higher the possibility of my skin to hang. So I'm happy with my process, and hoping next summer I reach my goal.

I was talking to my skinny coworker about a meeting she attended. Where a woman guest speaker who came to give a speech at our Women's network. When this lady was talking about her personal life and how fat she was and said she was a size 12 ( and did wide hand gestures)  and now she is very proud of being a size 8, everyone was so moved, that they started applauding!! She stared at me, that I was getting upset. I said, first of all a size 12 is not a big size, (and i did the wide hand space gesture) because that is the size that I am now after being a size 18. So for me that us not fat! She tried to make me feel better by telling me what I need to eat to loose weight! The nerve of some people! They think they have the right to tell me what I need to do. Like I don't know! Yeash!!!

Congratulations GG for reaching 20lbs!!! You should be so proud of yourself. We are on our way. Keep up the good job!!

Ms. Lady, I'm very hopeful, that everything will turn out fine, this is just a minor set back. I'll pray for you.