Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow A11ers,

I just want to give an update. Like some of you all I as well have no restriction what so ever, can eat anything at any amount if I allow myself. Also I don't have to take itty bitty bites. I am really trying to slow my pace and bite sizes because I know it will create a problem whenever I do get restriction. I am hungry all the time. A short period after eating Breakfast I am think about lunch. Definately "bandster hell"!!!!

Also ncgg-5 thank you for the very positive, encouraging post. Be Blessed!

You are very welcome. Hang in there, drink Water, take a walk, be good to yourself.

Blessings,

GG

Hi my name is Kristina

I was banded on August 24, Weight 240 and size 20...

Down 20 lbs. so far and excited for more to come off :)

Hi my name is Kristina

I was banded on August 24, Weight 240 and size 20...

Down 20 lbs. so far and excited for more to come off :)

Welcome Kristina! 20 lbs is very impressive. Good for you. Have you had a fill yet?

Blessings,

GG

Hey banders! I had a fill on Friday, went fine hurt less than I thought. I had 3.5 cc and he gave me 2 more so mow I'm at 5.5 cc and wanna still eat anything I can get my hands on. I don't have any no no foods in my house and making good choices but I know I can still eat a lot. I have been weighing and measuring my foods but still hungry. I was hoping for more restriction but nothing has kicked in yet. Soon soon! I am happy with my weight loss, I'm down 22 lbs since 8-11 and have worked hard to lose. Just will wait Til my next fill next month. Best of luck to all banders!

Hey banders! I had a fill on Friday, went fine hurt less than I thought. I had 3.5 cc and he gave me 2 more so mow I'm at 5.5 cc and wanna still eat anything I can get my hands on. I don't have any no no foods in my house and making good choices but I know I can still eat a lot. I have been weighing and measuring my foods but still hungry. I was hoping for more restriction but nothing has kicked in yet. Soon soon! I am happy with my weight loss, I'm down 22 lbs since 8-11 and have worked hard to lose. Just will wait Til my next fill next month. Best of luck to all banders!

So glad the fill was not bad. I might see first hand tomorrow. I think I heard it takes sometimes a few weeks for your body to register the fill. Don't get discouraged and keep up the good choices and measuring. It is paying off for you. I know we all hoped the typical diet like we all have done was behind us and it will be soon. 22 lbs since the 11th is amazing I think. Congratulations!

Blessings,

GG

GG,

Thanks for your inspiring post. I have been feeling really horrible because I am not seeing quick results. You reminded me that this is no overnight fix. I was feeling guilty that I just paid a lot of money for a surgery that wasnt helping. Now that the weather has cooled off here in AZ (finally under 100 degrees), Im going to start walking my dogs more often. Exercise has been my weakest area. Thanks for the motivation. You are a blessing to us all!

GG,

Thanks for your inspiring post. I have been feeling really horrible because I am not seeing quick results. You reminded me that this is no overnight fix. I was feeling guilty that I just paid a lot of money for a surgery that wasnt helping. Now that the weather has cooled off here in AZ (finally under 100 degrees), Im going to start walking my dogs more often. Exercise has been my weakest area. Thanks for the motivation. You are a blessing to us all!

Aw, thanks and you are welcome. Exercise is hard for me too with my back. I've basically been a big slug the last 2 years but now our little dog is getting more and more walks too. As women, we are all caretakers and I think we tend to feel guilty about a lot of things we do for ourselves. We need to learn to take time for ourselves and learn to not feel guilty about it. You are doing this for yourself and it will work out. Just take it a day at a time and don't beat yourself up. This is your time.

Blessings,

GG

Phew I thought i was the only one. I have been so hungry and i feel like i can eat anything. I get my first fill on Fri the 30th and i'm looking forward to it. My weight loss was big the first week but has slowed to a crawl. I know I'm still healing but i was hoping that i could get down more in these first few months. Thanks for the positive messages....keeping my eye on the prize....good health.

Who's in with me!? Let's start a roster!

Me: Caryn, 28 years old (29 on the 30th this month), starting weight and size was 240, size 20. Banded Aug 11th.

Question of the day: are you married and do you have kids?

Me Sharon 44 Years old Starting weight was 213 now 189 Bandede Aug 11

I had mt first feel on Friday! Was I scared....heck yeah!! I asked that he numbed my belly first....he LOL....said the numbing needle would hurt worse and take longer than the fill. They laid me on the xray table...cleaned the area....in went the needle he watched as he filled. I took a few sips of the junk drink...he watched it...it was getting stuck so he back out some liquid. It went thru and I was done!! Stung for a bit and I have a bruise but WAS NOT BAD!! Can I tell I have a fill? Not really. I don't always make good choices but when I don't i make sure I get extra burn in my walk or Water aerobics. Let's get a smart heads on and have a great week and DROP THOSE POUNDS!! God bless you all!! Through him all is possible!!

OMG Get my first fill Friday Sept 9 3cc feel no different but on Friday Sept 16th my band got so tight

So glad to hear from some new A11'ers. I think as a group we are all doing very well. I am going to adopt that cheer from Lisa Ann "Drop those pounds, drop those pounds". We can do it. I was afraid for a while no one was going to respond to this thread so I'm glad there are lurkers out there introducing themselves. This forum has been so good for me and I'm sure for others too, We'd love to meet you.

I had my first fill today and it was not a big deal at all. Dr gave me some lidocaine and it hurt more than the fill. That put me up to 5cc's and go back in 2 weeks. When I asked him how much he put in he said he knew how we all compare CC's on the forums and reminded me there are no comparisons, people are different. We all need to remember that. I've been averaging 2 lbs a week so he thought that was good. I'm down 12.5 lbs. pre+post op. Slow but sure. You have to remember I am OLD and it takes longer to loose weight so I am told. LOL I am finding it easier to eat more and more often so he said we would let the band start doing it's job and gave me a fill. I must say I love my Dr. My hubby went with me and he likes him a lot too. He thought the whole fill thingy was interesting. I didn't watch. Needles are not my thing after chemo.

Does everyone know about those drops called Mlo? I'm not sure if it is new but it is new to me. I got two, berry pomegranate and sweet tea and I really liked them. No calories, no caffeine and I think they were $4.05 and have 25 servings. I found them near the Crystal Light in the grocery. Just in case any of you have not tried it.

Going to my first support group meeting tonite. I guess do better with help and someone watching over me. I know from Weight Watchers meetings the folks that go to the meetings and stay for them do better and loose more weight. I'll see if it's a good group or a bunch of downers. I went to a cancer support group meeting once and came away so depressed I never went back. Are any of you going to your Dr's support groups?

Blessings,

GG

So glad to hear from some new A11'ers. I think as a group we are all doing very well. I am going to adopt that cheer from Lisa Ann "Drop those pounds, drop those pounds". We can do it. I was afraid for a while no one was going to respond to this thread so I'm glad there are lurkers out there introducing themselves. This forum has been so good for me and I'm sure for others too, We'd love to meet you.

I had my first fill today and it was not a big deal at all. Dr gave me some lidocaine and it hurt more than the fill. That put me up to 5cc's and go back in 2 weeks. When I asked him how much he put in he said he knew how we all compare CC's on the forums and reminded me there are no comparisons, people are different. We all need to remember that. I've been averaging 2 lbs a week so he thought that was good. I'm down 12.5 lbs. pre+post op. Slow but sure. You have to remember I am OLD and it takes longer to loose weight so I am told. LOL I am finding it easier to eat more and more often so he said we would let the band start doing it's job and gave me a fill. I must say I love my Dr. My hubby went with me and he likes him a lot too. He thought the whole fill thingy was interesting. I didn't watch. Needles are not my thing after chemo.

Does everyone know about those drops called Mlo? I'm not sure if it is new but it is new to me. I got two, berry pomegranate and sweet tea and I really liked them. No calories, no caffeine and I think they were $4.05 and have 25 servings. I found them near the Crystal Light in the grocery. Just in case any of you have not tried it.

Going to my first support group meeting tonite. I guess do better with help and someone watching over me. I know from Weight Watchers meetings the folks that go to the meetings and stay for them do better and loose more weight. I'll see if it's a good group or a bunch of downers. I went to a cancer support group meeting once and came away so depressed I never went back. Are any of you going to your Dr's support groups?

Blessings,

GG

Thanks GG for joining the CHEER!! I asked for Lidocaine at my fill and the Doc laughed out LOUD said you will hurt worse from that than the fill. NO LIDOCAINE! So went along with him and it stung for a few minutes but not bad and I got to watch the Fluid go in. I didn't get to know the amount of fluid added but oh well what would it mean to me anyway. By the way....I sit here with the hiccups as anybody had them ALOT since surgery. I get them a few times a day....ANNOYING. I also read that some got a fill on the 9th and didn't feel the tightness until the 16th...is this a normal thing. I can tell any difference as of yet and mine was the 16th......so I am hoping in a week I will fill it. It is raining here today so I guess it will be light weight exercise today (Housework) Tomorrow is my second big day of the week with a brisk (4mph ) walk and 60-80 minutes of Slash and Burn Water Aerobics. For those of you that have bone problems....this is a great way to get a big burn and not a lot of stress on your body. I can tell the difference already. Praying all have a great day. Remember if you get hungry....get that water bottle (BTW...I have tired MiO and Love the Peach Mango and fruit Punch. The only two I have tired. I also love Wyler's Cherry). God has blessed my by taking the taste of sweet tea away from me. I could drink a gallon a day. Now I must pray for the sweet and salty tastes to go!! If water doesn't do the trick i pick up my crocheting, a book or some activity to get my mind off the food. This doesn't come easy but day by day it becomes better. We can do it as a group. Please remember to lift your fellow banders up. Tell them the truth but gentle words. We have all been where they are. The best advice I have is to get the right mind set of why you had it done. Do your best to do what your dr says.....if your body is speaking.....call the dr first and weigh the advice. Then come her for support but remmeber we are all different and have different conditions. :D

Greeting A11 Banders,

Yesterday was a big day with my first fill and my first support group meeting. I posted earlier about the fill and so far I am still doing well. There were 7 ladies at my group meeting last night and we had a great time. Lots of talking and comparing notes and stories. One lovely lady had lost over 200 lbs and gave us tips on how she did it. One great tip we got from her concerned eating oatmeal. We all know how good it can be for us but some of the ladies cannot get it down in the morning. She said she chops her oatmeal with a knife before cooking and thins it way down with liquid. Genius. We all begged her to please come back next month. Overall, it was a good experience and I intend to return next month. Does your Dr have a support group you can attend. It might be worth your time to check it out.

Blessings,

GG

Greeting A11 Banders,

Yesterday was a big day with my first fill and my first support group meeting. I posted earlier about the fill and so far I am still doing well. There were 7 ladies at my group meeting last night and we had a great time. Lots of talking and comparing notes and stories. One lovely lady had lost over 200 lbs and gave us tips on how she did it. One great tip we got from her concerned eating oatmeal. We all know how good it can be for us but some of the ladies cannot get it down in the morning. She said she chops her oatmeal with a knife before cooking and thins it way down with liquid. Genius. We all begged her to please come back next month. Overall, it was a good experience and I intend to return next month. Does your Dr have a support group you can attend. It might be worth your time to check it out.

Blessings,

GG

I love my oatmeal in the mornings....and it seems to stick with me longer than anything else. My dr. has a support group but it has never been offered to me but I am going to check on it and maybe go one time. I am thankful that my Water aerobics class is very supportive and also this forum is great but it would also be nice to have another group. you can never have too much support. have a blessed day ...thanks for the info and glad you fill went well.

Hi everyone, I'm so happy that everyone is doing so well, and that they are adapting to their fills. I enjoy very much reading everyone's comment and compare them to my own situation. Greatly appreciate any advice that you can share to my situation. I had my surgery on 8/26 and on my first week on liquids I lost 15 Lbs. then 2 Lbs. the second week. Now that I'm 4 weeks post up I gain 3 Lbs. and I don't understand how. I barely can keep anything down without getting stuck and I'm always starving. I've been putting some food in the processor and eating it like a Soup. I'm supposed to go for my first fill on 9/26. But don't understand how that is going to work. If my problem my food getting stuck midway and always feeling hungry after an hour of eating a meal. I'm also eating more then 4oz. as I'm not measuring anymore (is soo time consuming) I must be eating at least 8oz in each meal.