Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded Aug 11 and have been doing great. I got a little smart for my "britches" yesterday more and thought I could eat half of a toast bagel thin....WRONG!! I got sick for the first time. I can't understand people that get sick regularly. I know what caused it and I am NOT going down that road again. I think it put me back where I should be.. My mind went look here....you have done too much to go back where you were. I learned my lesson....breakfast....oatmeal or Protein shake....NO Bagels. Other than that I am doing great....I am having a fill on Friday and ready to see what that is all about....but no fond on needles or being stuck by them. Gonna be beautiful today....who is walking with me? BTW....joined a gym and start Water Aerobics Monday....yeah!!

By the way....I'm Jess. Banded 8/17. Start weight was 192. Weighed in this morning at 180 and some change ;) A little disappointed because I cant fit into any smaller clothes, but I have my 'skinny jeans' ready!!

I am 31 years old and not yet married (been there, done that, now just a little gun shy) but reunited with my HS sweetheart. I have 3 beautiful yet crazy children. (sometimes I think they are part hoodlum) Ages 9yrs, 2yrs and 10 months.

Welcome Jess. You're doing very well! Keep it up. So glad to hear you fill was OK. I'm not crazy about needles either, I guess no one really is. I go back to Dr the 20th and don't know if he will do a fill then or not. Glad to hear it might not be too bad. I don't have much restriction so I'd like to have one I think. 3 kids by yourself is a lot. Try not to overdue.

Blessings,

GG

I was banded Aug 11 and have been doing great. I got a little smart for my "britches" yesterday more and thought I could eat half of a toast bagel thin....WRONG!! I got sick for the first time. I can't understand people that get sick regularly. I know what caused it and I am NOT going down that road again. I think it put me back where I should be.. My mind went look here....you have done too much to go back where you were. I learned my lesson....breakfast....oatmeal or Protein shake....NO Bagels. Other than that I am doing great....I am having a fill on Friday and ready to see what that is all about....but no fond on needles or being stuck by them. Gonna be beautiful today....who is walking with me? BTW....joined a gym and start Water Aerobics Monday....yeah!!

I was nervous about my fill too. I hate needles. Having 3 kids, the worst part was the IV going into my hand! ;) Personally, I didnt feel a thing with my fill. I didnt feel even the slightest prick of the needle.

I was nervous about my fill too. I hate needles. Having 3 kids, the worst part was the IV going into my hand! ;) Personally, I didnt feel a thing with my fill. I didnt feel even the slightest prick of the needle.

Oh thank goodness. Will let everyone know how it goes.

We have the same birthday and we're the same age, I won't be banded until September 6th. So hello fello virgo!

I was banded on the 6th.

Today is my 1 month bandiversary. I am doing ok. I am amazed at the amount of food I can eat. While I still eat between 700-900 calories a day, when I look at me plate I find myself saying this look like my first plate before banding (I say first because pre-band I would always go for seconds and sometimes thirds). I have read were some people are still eating a few ounces. Does this mean something?!?!?!?

Today is One Month since I was banded. Ive had a great month and like a baby seem to be learning what foods I can eat and cant. I am obsessed with Chili and when I am out I head right for the chili on the menu, It seems its the food that goes down the easiest. I went to lunch with friends at work last friday. I went to quiznos and "thought" as my old self. I got the 2 for 5 deal. I asked for chili and then got a flatbread sandchich..OOpps it got stuck after one bite. UGH definitly the worst part of the month. My friend after my 2 small bites goes your full, Im like no im in pain. Not fun and will pack lunch and stay in and work on friday LOL

My weight, Ive lost 20lbs this month, I have been hovering around the 20 mark I go up and down but last I weighed was 2 days ago and I hit 20. I can eat and as long as the food is okay I can still eat just as much as I could before. I try to still do Portion Control now but im counting the days until my fill this Friday, the 16th. Its been amazing and I am so happy I was banded. im learning a lot about nutrition and how important it is to feed my body better foods and high Protein low cards. I am a good little bander (pat on head) I try and follow the rules, no not always im only human, but for the most part I take my daughter to McDonalds and I dont eat, I go to friendlys for my sons bday and got a bowl of chili. I dump the crackers that come with my chili. its a life long process that will be done the day I die. i never will go back up to those 20lbs, I am 11lbs from ONEderland and will be there this next month, thats for sure!!!

Wishing all the other banders much luck nd succcess. Cara

I just realized today that i've been banded for a month now. crazy how time flys. i get my first fill on the 19th. i'm nervous and excited. i can't break the habit of drinking and eating at the same time. and i haven't been drinking as much as i should. this is the only problem i have. i started on 'regular' food a few days ago and i can only really eat one small meal a day. they keep me full. i had a chicken patty from trader joe's and i felt full for too long. i didn't want to eat for almost a day and a half! so i just had liquids. i think it's more convient and eaiser on my stomach to get my Protein from the shakes and yogurt. since getting banded i've lost 25lbs. but have been at a stand still for the last week or so. hopefully getting my fill will kick my weight loss back into gear.

good luck everyone!

Well here is a post from Aug 11, 2011 # 3 in a row. Cara....I also get a fill on the 16th....I am excited and scared. I have had no problem eating anything but a bagel thin very toasted....doesn't work for me...will not try it again....I don't even want to look at on. I was a sweet iced tea oholic....God took this taste from me. I sipped it for three days after surgery...I came home from church the Sunday after surgery and yuck it tasted awful. I haven't drank out of a glass since that day. I have my Water and I am sticking to it. I had a slight PROBLEM yesterday. I usually eat oatmeal on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sundays. I have more time on these days. The other days I make a Protein Shake and drink in the run...I usually drop my daughter off and then off to the walking trail. I have never had any problems with the shake. Well yesterday was a busy day.... mixed a shake and out the door I went. I sipped thru Sunday School and when church started....my lower tummy started to expand and I started having craps. I excused myself...I went to the potty and nothing (sorry for the TMI) and then I walked around in the connected nursery....thought the pain was gone. Back into church. I sat down and in just a few minutes...the pain came back,,,,,BAD. I got woozy and thought I was about to pass out. I willed myself thru in and back up I went. I had decided I wasn't coming out til the pain was gone. I walked around and around in the nursery and it finally eased. Now after the story...has anyone else had a problem with Protein Shakes doing anything like this. I have never had a real problem with milk. Someone told me the whey powder bulks up..... With all this said my first month has been great. i start water aerobics today and I am going to up my walk to more than a mile...I will post tonight or in the morning how things went. I am so excited about my life change. God is Good...ALL THE TIME!

Hey you A11's Now that some of you are getting fills - I want to know how much saline your getting with your first fill? I get my first fill on thursday the 15th and I want to know what to expect. I am a nurse and i access ports all the time but never lap band ports. I have watched a few fills on youtube, they are kind of crazy, Good luck to those who have got filled and those who are getting filled.

Well here is a post from Aug 11, 2011 # 3 in a row. Cara....I also get a fill on the 16th....I am excited and scared. I have had no problem eating anything but a bagel thin very toasted....doesn't work for me...will not try it again....I don't even want to look at on. I was a sweet iced tea oholic....God took this taste from me. I sipped it for three days after surgery...I came home from church the Sunday after surgery and yuck it tasted awful. I haven't drank out of a glass since that day. I have my Water and I am sticking to it. I had a slight PROBLEM yesterday. I usually eat oatmeal on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sundays. I have more time on these days. The other days I make a Protein Shake and drink in the run...I usually drop my daughter off and then off to the walking trail. I have never had any problems with the shake. Well yesterday was a busy day.... mixed a shake and out the door I went. I sipped thru Sunday School and when church started....my lower tummy started to expand and I started having craps. I excused myself...I went to the potty and nothing (sorry for the TMI) and then I walked around in the connected nursery....thought the pain was gone. Back into church. I sat down and in just a few minutes...the pain came back,,,,,BAD. I got woozy and thought I was about to pass out. I willed myself thru in and back up I went. I had decided I wasn't coming out til the pain was gone. I walked around and around in the nursery and it finally eased. Now after the story...has anyone else had a problem with Protein Shakes doing anything like this. I have never had a real problem with milk. Someone told me the whey powder bulks up..... With all this said my first month has been great. i start water aerobics today and I am going to up my walk to more than a mile...I will post tonight or in the morning how things went. I am so excited about my life change. God is Good...ALL THE TIME!

You be sure and post cause I get mine on the 16th. Also...should I watch Youtube or wait?

I was banded on 8/11/11 and it seems my doctor is making be wait forever to get a fill. I am not scheduled until 9/27/11.

Hi everybody,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. It seems a lot of us are having trouble with gas. The gas from my surgery got better then I realized the gas I was having every morning was probably from the Protein Shakes. I remember when I tried Fiber One bars and they did the same thing to me. I was doing Weight Watchers then and the folks on that forum said it would get better after a while. Not sure if that's true. From what I've read just keep walking, walking, walking. It's still too hot to walk outside here so I circle my den, kitchen, dining room, living room and around in the circle for 15 minutes 2 times a day if my back can stand it. I've tried our elliptical and did 5 minutes twice and nearly died. It will take some building up minutes again on it I'm sure.

Everyone keep us posted on fills. A lot of us are about ready for the first one and it's unknown, therefore a little scary. I am going back to Dr the 20th and hope he will do one. I don't have much restriction and get hungry after about 3 hours. It doesn't take much to feel full, about half of what I used to eat, but I'd prefer to go longer.

I have not lost any weight for almost a week and eat from 900-1100 calories a day. I'm not going to get discouraged, I'm not going to get discouraged, I'm not going to get discouraged. That's what always happened when I have dieted in the past and I will not do it this time. I've got my banded friend to help this time, right?

Anyone else having trouble getting Water in? I used to drink a lot with my meal and all day. Now I forget drink 30 minutes after I eat and then don't get thirsty until it's time to eat again and then I have to wait and forget again. I need to set a timer I guess.

Blessings,

GG

I was banded on 8/11/11 and it seems my doctor is making be wait forever to get a fill. I am not scheduled until 9/27/11.

Oh my. I was banded on the 11th and I go on the 16th. I am so nervous.

You be sure and post cause I get mine on the 16th. Also...should I watch Youtube or wait?

I'm not going to watch. I started to watch a video of them placing a lap band and decided since I'm not a medical person it would probably scare me. I don't think it's a big deal so try not to stress. (Easy for me to say, you're going before me!)

Blessings,

GG