Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today makes my 3rd week. I am doing ok, weigh loss seems to be moving in slow motion (lol). Start solids tomorrow and so terrifed that this slow pace weight loss will come to a halt or worse gain.

Ms. Lady,

I feel the same way! It will be 3 weeks for me next Tuesday and I have barely lost 10 lbs! I dont understand how I cannot be losing weight if I am not eating! My doctor says I can start soft foods on Friday. I am so worried I am going to gain weight. My next appt wont be for almost a month and I know I will need a fill. The doctor says a fill is needed if you cannot go 4 hours in between meals. I know for sure that wont happen! Good luck to you. You are not alone. :(

Today makes my 3rd week. I am doing ok, weigh loss seems to be moving in slow motion (lol). Start solids tomorrow and so terrifed that this slow pace weight loss will come to a halt or worse gain.

i was banded aug 12 as well 252 was my starting weight, 14 lbs down. ready to be skinny

Nicole is here - Banded on August 12, 2011. I am married with 4 kids. At my highest I weight 277 and wore a size 20. I lost 14 pounds during my 6 months pre-op. On the day of surgery I weighed 263.

Terri, I hope the journey is going well so far. I was banded on 8/12 and married with 2 teenagers. Good luck to you!

Hi. My name is Terri.

Surgery date is Tuesday August 16.

Going through a divorce. I have 2 teenage daughters.

Looking forward to starting this journey with all of you.

I WAS BANDED AUGUST 30 I AM 30 YEARS OLD NOT MARRIED ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER...... THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING ITS NOT AS SIMPLE AS Facebook HOPE THIS GETS TO THE CORRECT PLACE........IT HAS BEEN 3 DAYS SINCE MY SURGERY AND I AM DRINKING LOTS OF Water IS THIS OK OR WILL I EXPAND THE POUCH?

My name is Tari, married 21 years, 2 sons-high school and middle school. I was banded Aug 18, feel great now, am back to work and doing quite well. I,ve lost 17 pounds which makes me feel so happy. Already down one jean size!

My only problem is Constipation. I'm unsure if I can take something to blast it through. My nurse told me to go on to mushies last thursday after only one week of post-op liquids and I thought this would help move things on. No luck yet for one week!!! I;ve been using Benefiber in my Protein Drinks but still not helping. Any ideas? Thanx

Hi There, I was banded Aug 15 and have lost 18.2. I'm not done a size that I know of....my regular clothes are feeling much better though. I was just bearly squeezing into some of them.

I didn't have any issues with constipation, but my clinic told me if I did to try ground flax seeds in my Protein Drink. Maybe that will help.

Hi! I'm EJ, 31, from the midwest, Nursing student/Clinical Research Staff. I was banded Aug 30....just squeaked in. I also watch the youtube videos of some of those mentioned above and I have my own to document my journey and for accountability. Cheers to the August All Stars 2011!

GG here, 8 days post op and I'm doing well. Have lost 3 lbs since surgery and I am thrilled. I only lost 6 lbs during the 2 week pre-op Optifast so 3 more is good. My Dr let me start mushies Mon and so I am feeling great with real food. It's so strange that the Dr's have such different post op eating instructions. I did have gas and pain in my left shoulder. I thought the pain was from gas or maybe because they turned my head to the right when they put the breathing tube in or something. My Dr told me it was referred pain from surgery. Just like when you hear someone say their jaw hurt before they had a heart attack. He says that is the same. I thought that was interesting.

How is everyone else doing?

Blessings,

GG

Hi Im Christine from NJ. I was just banded 3 days ago (8/31). I am married with a 4 yr old daughter. My starting weight was 292. Weight at time of surgey was 286. My goal is to lose 100 pounds. I know it will take alot of work, but i am ready for it! I am still in the liquid week...cant wait for the "mush" week! Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone! My name is Madalyn from TX. I am happily married and have a 10 month old daughter. I am happy to say I barely made the group. I was banded on 8/30/2011. My starting weight was 229 and I am now 218. The day after surgery I felt great. It wasn't until the 2nd day after surgery is when I got the infamous shoulder pain; luckly it only lasted 24 hours. I am still in my first week of liquids and I think I'm doing okay. It's so freaky not being hungry (I'm sure that will change.) I am just bored with my options. On Tuesday I will be starting my mushies, and I can't wait. I really need more varity. I am so looking forward to this weightloss journey with my fellow A11's. I wish you all the greatest success and look forward to reading about everyone's progress. :D

I am 42 ,female never married no kids.Pre op weight was 265,Liver Shrinking Diet,now I am 243 (-22 lbs since July 19th).I am 3 days post op with minimal pain.I listened to hypnosis CDs 1- for sucessful surgery each night 1 month prior to surgery and now I am listening to CD2 healing each night before bed.I think hypnosis has made a big difference for me.

I was banded on August 24, starting weight 513 lost 38 pound so far and am married with to children.B)

Last week, I only lost 0.1kg, which is nothing really. I was a bit worried that I'd stopped losing weight until my first fill, but this week it's dropped off again. I don't weigh-in "officially" until tomorrow, but I jumped on the scales this morning and I'm already down 1kg :lol: Very pleased about that.

I started a thread yesterday about my first NSV - my neighbour stopped me in my driveway and complimented me on "getting skinner", which was thrilling! I'm fitting into clothes I've never worn before (bought them without trying them on and then found out they were too tight)... And a funny one - my bras are fitting better (less side/back fat), but my boobs actually look bigger! Because my belly is shrinking! FINALLY, I've been waiting for the belly to shrink for 4 years since my daughter was born!!! I stayed looking pregnant all that time!

SOOOO pleased with how this is all turning out!

Hi!

I was banded on August 30.

I am so tired and pukey - I am hoping this gets better!

I am !!! I was banded 8/22/11 13 lbs gone!!! getting concerned. I seem to be eating more since the soreness of the surgery has resided.

Susan Q here from TX. 229.3 at surgery date. Need to lose 80lbs. I am 52yrs.