Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Day Check List

I haven't found a check list of what people brought to the Hospital & what you needed at home afterwards. I think it would be nice if we started one here. Plus my tentative date for surgery is Thursday! :-)

if you have sleep apnea you have to bring the cpap and i believe you just need to bring a change of clothes and a tooth brush etc. Good lucck to you my surgery is schedualed for wednesday!

Im with you Mewizza....Im having surgery on Tuesday and it would be nice to see a check list ;) Great idea.

I brought my cell phone charger, celly. toothbrush, paste, brush for hair and a band to pull my hair back. I wasnt even allowed to get into my pajamas. its so quick and the anethesia knocked me out i couldnt move. I brought a book and hubby asked if I wanted it..honesetly I couldnt keep my eyesopen long enough to turn 1 page LOL I had a TV in room and nurse gets you anything you needed.

I went home in the clothes I wore to the hospital. You dont need much and stay is short. Best of Luck to upcoming banders!

Thanks CTarantino :)

Defiantly need to remember the necessities. My Check-in out-fit and PJs will be a Dress, figured taking anything that has a tight band around my stomach won't be very comfortable with the incisions.

Great idea! My surgery is the 25th! It's so exciting!

You'll need help. Someone to help you do things. Also, I'm going to get some of the liquids measured and ready to go. I heard that baby spoons were good to eat with to start getting used to eating slower and smaller amounts.

Good idea! My surgery is Wednesday. I'm going to take toothbrush, toothpaste. hair brush, hair band, change of clothes and I'm currently getting the house ready for when I come back. I'm getting all of my food in order, I bought a water bottle that has the ounces marked on the outside, a tiny strainer (perfect size for soup), baby spoons, any foods I can make in advance ie: high Protein Jello is going to happen Tuesday night. Oh and I don't know about you guys but my hospital is making me wipe down with antiseptic wipes before surgery and suggested I don't shave the night before due to potentially getting a rash. Don't forget to shave it could be a while before you can do it lol

You're funny... I do love your plan. I need to get the Water bottle w ounces...baby spoons and the strainer...great ideas!

Good idea! My surgery is Wednesday. I'm going to take toothbrush, toothpaste. hair brush, hair band, change of clothes and I'm currently getting the house ready for when I come back. I'm getting all of my food in order, I bought a water bottle that has the ounces marked on the outside, a tiny strainer (perfect size for soup), baby spoons, any foods I can make in advance ie: high Protein Jello is going to happen Tuesday night. Oh and I don't know about you guys but my hospital is making me wipe down with antiseptic wipes before surgery and suggested I don't shave the night before due to potentially getting a rash. Don't forget to shave it could be a while before you can do it lol

Here's what I have ready so far (even though my surgery date hasn't been set yet...freakin' insurance, lol). Don't go by me, I'm not known to pack light. But I figured I'd throw some ideas out.

BASIC STUFF:

Toothbrush

Travel size toothpaste

Face cleanser

Face moisturizer

Chapstick

Undies

Bra or not (depends on how it will feel pushing up against me)

Jammies (light top and loose bottoms)

Slippers

Short robe

Elastic to pull my hair back

Deoderant

Going home clothes (t-shirt and loose bottoms)

HOPING I'LL BE UP TO A SHOWER:

Travel size shower gel

Travel size Shampoo and conditioner

Travel size body powder

Shower fluffy/sponge thing

I'm pondering bringing my laptop or my kindle. I'm a techy geek, but I think maybe I'll unplug myself that day (other than my iPhone of course)

Here's what I have ready so far (even though my surgery date hasn't been set yet...freakin' insurance, lol). Don't go by me, I'm not known to pack light. But I figured I'd throw some ideas out.

BASIC STUFF:

Toothbrush

Travel size toothpaste

Face cleanser

Face moisturizer

Chapstick

Undies

Bra or not (depends on how it will feel pushing up against me)

Jammies (light top and loose bottoms)

Slippers

Short robe

Elastic to pull my hair back

Deoderant

Going home clothes (t-shirt and loose bottoms)

HOPING I'LL BE UP TO A SHOWER:

Travel size shower gel

Travel size Shampoo and conditioner

Travel size body powder

Shower fluffy/sponge thing

I'm pondering bringing my laptop or my kindle. I'm a techy geek, but I think maybe I'll unplug myself that day (other than my iPhone of course)

Don't forget small pillow to cushion the seat belt on the drive home.

Robbie

Congrats on your upcoming surg! We were told to bring pillow (tummy support after), pjs/robe, toothbrush, slippers, daily meds + medication list (w/ dosages), CPAP (if applicable), loose fitting clothes to wear home

I'm taking a rolling backpack/day bag because i wont be able to carry anything heavy.

Good luck to you!

Some great ideas everyone. Baby spoons is a good one along with a pillow for support. I see the Doc on Monday the 22nd, hoping I will qualify.

I guess I thought I wouldn't need much because it's laparoscopic outpatient surgery. I was just planning on wearing comfy waisted clothes (a dress is a great idea), slip on shoes (or flip flops), and taking a cushy pillow for the ride home. Now I'm wondering if I'm going to be unprepared. If for some reason I need to stay longer, I figure my hubby can always bring any needed items. I will have things ready at home though. I've already got my baby spoon and measuring stuff. smile.gif