Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here Surgery Date August 31 2011

Hi everyone! I am 42 years old and I weigh 258, down from 262 as of 7/19/11.I have a tentative surgery date of August 31st.I have already been through my initial consultation, and figured out my financing with Care Credit. I have also found out in my Quest for this surgery that you can take the surgery off on your taxes if the cost exceeds 7.5% of your total income. I encourage that anyone interested in this do their own research on the internet like I did. As a self pay patient I am going to utilize this tax savings. I am getting a Lap Band with plication/ imbrication. I have already been through an Ultra Sound with gallbladder imaging, 2 Chest X Rays, Upper GI, bloodwork and 2 psychological evaluations. I only have an appointment with the nutritionist left and my follow up appointment with my surgeon on either Tuesday August 23rd,or Thursday August 25 th . before surgery August 31st.I have sleep Apnea and Osteoarthritis in my knee and this is why I want the surgery. I have already started working out and eating better so the transition/adaptation after my surgery won’t be as big of a dramatic change. I am sort of nervous only because I am keeping my surgery a secret at my job. I am very excited at the prospect of losing my excess weight. My weight has been a big problem for most of my life and I haven’t liked the path I went down because of it. I am happy that now I have the ability to create a new beginning for myself and not spend my entire life fat.

Hi everyone! I am 42 years old and I weigh 258, down from 262 as of 7/19/11.I have a tentative surgery date of August 31st.I have already been through my initial consultation, and figured out my financing with Care Credit. I have also found out in my Quest for this surgery that you can take the surgery off on your taxes if the cost exceeds 7.5% of your total income. I encourage that anyone interested in this do their own research on the internet like I did. As a self pay patient I am going to utilize this tax savings. I am getting a Lap Band with plication/ imbrication. I have already been through an Ultra Sound with gallbladder imaging, 2 Chest X Rays, Upper GI, bloodwork and 2 psychological evaluations. I only have an appointment with the nutritionist left and my follow up appointment with my surgeon on either Tuesday August 23rd,or Thursday August 25 th . before surgery August 31st.I have sleep Apnea and Osteoarthritis in my knee and this is why I want the surgery. I have already started working out and eating better so the transition/adaptation after my surgery won't be as big of a dramatic change. I am sort of nervous only because I am keeping my surgery a secret at my job. I am very excited at the prospect of losing my excess weight. My weight has been a big problem for most of my life and I haven't liked the path I went down because of it. I am happy that now I have the ability to create a new beginning for myself and not spend my entire life fat.

:rapture: Welcome! I believe we have the same surgeon. (I saw another post of yours.) Love Dr. Enochs. He is so great. I had my surgery on 7/30, so I am 2 weeks post-op. Dr. Enochs answered all my questions and when I had an allergic reaction to the dermabond, he was quick to respond. Surgery went great, everyone was super nice at the facility. Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hi everyone! I am 42 years old and I weigh 258, down from 262 as of 7/19/11.I have a tentative surgery date of August 31st.I have already been through my initial consultation, and figured out my financing with Care Credit. I have also found out in my Quest for this surgery that you can take the surgery off on your taxes if the cost exceeds 7.5% of your total income. I encourage that anyone interested in this do their own research on the internet like I did. As a self pay patient I am going to utilize this tax savings. I am getting a Lap Band with plication/ imbrication. I have already been through an Ultra Sound with gallbladder imaging, 2 Chest X Rays, Upper GI, bloodwork and 2 psychological evaluations. I only have an appointment with the nutritionist left and my follow up appointment with my surgeon on either Tuesday August 23rd,or Thursday August 25 th . before surgery August 31st.I have sleep Apnea and Osteoarthritis in my knee and this is why I want the surgery. I have already started working out and eating better so the transition/adaptation after my surgery won't be as big of a dramatic change. I am sort of nervous only because I am keeping my surgery a secret at my job. I am very excited at the prospect of losing my excess weight. My weight has been a big problem for most of my life and I haven't liked the path I went down because of it. I am happy that now I have the ability to create a new beginning for myself and not spend my entire life fat.

:rapture: Welcome! I believe we have the same surgeon. (I saw another post of yours.) Love Dr. Enochs. He is so great. I had my surgery on 7/30, so I am 2 weeks post-op. Dr. Enochs answered all my questions and when I had an allergic reaction to the dermabond, he was quick to respond. Surgery went great, everyone was super nice at the facility. Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you! Yes we do have the same surgeon.I live in Raleigh so please feel free to PM me and I will give you my email address. :-) I would love to be supportive of other bandsters in the Raleigh/Triangle area. I am planning on attending the upcoming suport group at Rex Hospital on the third thursday of this month so you may see me there as well.Take care.

Congrats to you Iam also scheduled for banding on August 31st here in Arizona wishing you all the best and looking forward to making this journey with you this site has been a huge help to me I really feel informed and aware of all the options and what works for all the problems that can arise post op I will be walking and sipping like crazy as soon as I possibly can after banding. I have my pre Op blood work and EKG on the 26th and barring any problems with that I will have the surgery at 7am August 31st I was nervous and so anxious about this but as it gets closer and the more I read here the more comfortable and confident I feel about it.

PJ384

Hi-I'm new also. Band date is 8-31-11. On pre op diet. That's hard. I'm 54 and 255 today. I was approved last Aug, but chickened out. Now I'm ready. liquid diet is hard and I'm very hungry.