Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery on Aug 10th and have been taking 2 colase a day. When will I poop. I have so much pressure.

It might not be Constipation. It might just be gas and stuff from the surgery. Some people don't go to the bathroom for a week or more after their surgery. You aren't taking in any real food so there shouldn't be too much in your digestive tract.

Remedies like Colace only work if you increase your Water intake. I imagine three days after surgery you aren't taking in enough Water to make it happen and it could just make that feeling worse.

Call your surgeon if you are really concerned. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Colace is NOT going to make you go. Its a stool softener not a laxative. Take 2 tablespoons of milk of mag with 8 to 12 ounces of Water.< /p>

I also wasbanded on the 10th. I have not had a bm since the 8th, so it is 5 days for me now.

u need to drink milk of magnisia

Thanks all. I will try the m.o.m. Also I have no energy. I just want to sleep. I do force myself to walk twice a day down the street and back, but I am so tired. Is that normal.

Thanks all. I will try the m.o.m. Also I have no energy. I just want to sleep. I do force myself to walk twice a day down the street and back, but I am so tired. Is that normal.

You might not be getting enough Water or Protein. If you aren't getting your Protein, you feel like a limp dishrag. (I speak from experience.) When I wasn't drinking enough Water, I would get to feeling dizzy. Hope you feel better soon!

I was tired for the first few weeks post surgery too! They poster is correct-get your Proteins in to help with energy levels-also take the Vitamins and drink plenty of Water to prevent dehydration which can make you feel run down.

I had surgery on Aug 10th and have been taking 2 colase a day. When will I poop. I have so much pressure.

I found coffee helped. My Dr said it was ok to drink it. Funny I love coffee would drink 2-3 cups a day. I am lucky if I can get 1/4 a cup down but it will help you poop trust me it helped.

Oh do not panic if your poop come's out like chicken broth as mine did. I was told it was do to all the Water and broth and that was why it looked like that.

I do have to say that just going poop for the first time after my op 5 days out felt so good. Funny how little thing we take for granted mean so much...lol.

Stay well stay safe.

Mary

I had more problems pre-surgery and it was terrible. I am a multiple time a day person to NOTHING. It did finally go away. I have not had issues since surgery and found it funny that that was not a condition for discharge like it is for a lot of surgeries. It will come but if you are uncomfortable use the laxatives and take a warm bath to ease the discomfort. It isn't fun but your body is adjusting to a lot of change. Remember you are not EATING so there is nothing to escape.......As long as you are urinating fine......

It was day 5 for me. It was so funny. I called my husband at work...."Guess what?? I made poopy!!!" We just laughed. But it was a great sucess for me. Good luck. It WILL happen.

Hahaha that's hilarious! I did the same thing when i finally went! And my sweet husband was so proud of me! Haha how funny.

Don't worry- it will come. It took me 4 days, I think.

It was day 5 for me. It was so funny. I called my husband at work...."Guess what?? I made poopy!!!" We just laughed. But it was a great sucess for me. Good luck. It WILL happen.

Yes. It was the end of day 4 for me also. Now I have no problem at all.