Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had several surgeries, including gallbladder removal, artroscopic knee surgery, and a lump removal, non cancerous, so I am aware of the tube, and the sore throat afterward, mine didnt last all that long. But then again, I was able to drink all I wanted.

I am more curious about the xray after surgery, to check the band, did you have to drink some type of barium or something for that???

oooooh yea they did..... blegh!!!!! pretty much right after they brought me back to the room they took me in to do that. it was pretty bad. It wasnt a lot to drink but it was enough that it almost made me vomit all over everybody. I dry heaved for a minute or so and had a bucket just in case but I managed to keep whatever was in my stomach (mostly nothing) down.

I was banded today! Got to the hospital at 5:30 was the first appointment. I was out by 2pm. I took a little longer to wake up because I went to bed at midnight so I just wanted to sleep!!! LOL

I'm doing good. I think I went in thinking the pain from gas would be excruciating....it wasn't. My throat hurts more than the gas pains from the breathing tube.

But yea. So far so good. I have to try and get a Protein shake down...8 oz but I was told to drink it 2 tbsp at a time to prevent overeating and having it get stuck. Anyone else had to do this???

I'm documenting EVERYTHING that happened to me on my blog right now (www.shrinkingjustine.com) If anybody wants to share tips or has questions about the surgery who has yet to be banded, just ask or let me know! :P

Also if anyone is in GA and wants to exchange info we can be band buddies!

Hi. I was banded on 6/17/11. Just wanna see how you are moving along. Keep in touch!

Congratulations Justine! Are you in a lot of pain? I'm nervous about this, as I have not had surgery before. I don't have a surgery date yet but meet for pre-op with my surgeon on 9/22. Best of luck to you.

Maltese Mommy (MM)

I was banded today! Got to the hospital at 5:30 was the first appointment. I was out by 2pm. I took a little longer to wake up because I went to bed at midnight so I just wanted to sleep!!! LOL

I'm doing good. I think I went in thinking the pain from gas would be excruciating....it wasn't. My throat hurts more than the gas pains from the breathing tube.

But yea. So far so good. I have to try and get a Protein shake down...8 oz but I was told to drink it 2 tbsp at a time to prevent overeating and having it get stuck. Anyone else had to do this???

I'm documenting EVERYTHING that happened to me on my blog right now (www.shrinkingjustine.com) If anybody wants to share tips or has questions about the surgery who has yet to be banded, just ask or let me know! :P

Best of luck Yolanda! I meet surgeon for pre-op meeting on 9/22. Hope he gives me my surgery date then! :lol: Newbie here too!

MM

Hi I am a newbie scheduled for 08/25 - how are you doing?

Hi. I was banded on 6/17/11. Just wanna see how you are moving along. Keep in touch!

Hey I'm doing good. Down 14lbs in week one which was all liquids so I'm not really surprised. :) It's exciting though to see the numbers move in the right direction :P

How are you doing??

Congrats! Hope it goes great for you! I'll keep an eye out on your blog for sure. Not sure when I'm getting banded. Have 2 more pre-op appointments then it's getting submitted to the insurance company! :crosses fingers:

oooooh yea they did..... blegh!!!!! pretty much right after they brought me back to the room they took me in to do that. it was pretty bad. It wasnt a lot to drink but it was enough that it almost made me vomit all over everybody. I dry heaved for a minute or so and had a bucket just in case but I managed to keep whatever was in my stomach (mostly nothing) down.

my surgeon told me he does it the morning after, the xray that is, that i will stay in the hospital the night of my surgery and if my xray goes good and everything goes as it should, i will go home the next afternoon, if not, i will stay another night. where i have pretty bad blood pressure problems, he says it might be necessary to keep me 2 nights.

Yayyyyy. Congrats to you on your new life.

Hi All,

I came out of hospital on Saturday after having a band taken out and a new one fitted on Wednesday. I had a urinary tract infection while in hospital and so was pretty much in agony, high temperature etc and everyone nagging me to walk! So cruel! But now 5 days later I am starting to feel better and am 7lbs lighter.

One thing I didnt expect (and cant remember from when I had the op previously 6 years ago) was such honking breath. Is this just me (Oh god I hope not) or has anyone else experienced this on their first week?

Im doing great with milk and Water but up until today havent been able to tolerate Soup. Not that it made me sick, it just felt to heavy on my stomach. Anyway Ive had a whole tin of Heinz today so Im relieved.

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to inject? It bloody hurts!!!! And Im such an unbelievable wuss!!!

Di.x

Yea, I did pretty good today. Hit 750 cal and 62 Proteins.

Hi, CONGRATS on your new journey. I was just banded on Friday Aug 19th and for some reason i think I'm doing something wrong because I'm so hungry. I was never this hungry before my band.

Hi, CONGRATS on your new journey. I was just banded on Friday Aug 19th and for some reason i think I'm doing something wrong because I'm so hungry. I was never this hungry before my band.

Hi hun,

I dont know if you are doing anything wrong, however, if you are following advice and drinking fluids only then its not suprising you are hungry. Stomachs are designed to take food and at this stage its not getting any. Did you get everything expained to you after surgery? It was explained to me that when food hits the nerves surrounding your pouch, this will send messages to your brain that you are satisfied. As we are only at the Fluid stage, this response is inactive as Fluid passes straight through. So I reckon being hungry is quite a nrmal response. I suppose in a way I am lucky to have had complications as I havent felt real hunger at all, Ive been too much in pain. I have been craving textures in my mouth though.

If you are worried, Im sure your Bariatric Nurse will advise you- thats what they are there for. I got a call from mine this morning to see how I was getting on- fantastic service from the NHS! (sorry if you are in a different country as your system will be different) Are you managing to drink plenty of liquids? Slim fasts etc. Protein shakes are good too as Protein sends messages to your brain that you are satisfied, so in this respect, bovril, chicken Soup (without bits) or strained ox tail would be a good option. Try Heinz. Neither have much meat in anyway and are good for protien. I added a bit of milk to mine today as I thought they were too thick otherwise.

Dont worry the week does go quickly. Only 2 days before some mash! The thought of mashed potato has never been so appealing.

Hope this all helps. Good luck. Let me know how you are getting on. We are both on an amazing journey, WE CAN SO DO THIS!!!

Diane

Congrats! Hope it goes great for you! I'll keep an eye out on your blog for sure. Not sure when I'm getting banded. Have 2 more pre-op appointments then it's getting submitted to the insurance company! :crosses fingers:

hey good luck with your pre-op stuff!!! hope the insurance approval goes quickly

my surgeon told me he does it the morning after, the xray that is, that i will stay in the hospital the night of my surgery and if my xray goes good and everything goes as it should, i will go home the next afternoon, if not, i will stay another night. where i have pretty bad blood pressure problems, he says it might be necessary to keep me 2 nights.

oh i didnt stay the night. there was no reason too. i was up and walking pretty quickly. left the hospital at 2pm and just went home and popped a squat on my couch. :) it was fine. i just had issues getting up and down (i needed someone to hold on too) and it was uncomfortable but i did not want to stay in the hospital. i was afraid of that the most i think. its a 45 minute procedure.

hey what have you been eating? im just curious because i wasn't hungry .... i was bored with what i was eatin but not hungry.