Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded today! Got to the hospital at 5:30 was the first appointment. I was out by 2pm. I took a little longer to wake up because I went to bed at midnight so I just wanted to sleep!!! LOL

I'm doing good. I think I went in thinking the pain from gas would be excruciating....it wasn't. My throat hurts more than the gas pains from the breathing tube.

But yea. So far so good. I have to try and get a Protein Shake down...8 oz but I was told to drink it 2 tbsp at a time to prevent overeating and having it get stuck. Anyone else had to do this???

I'm documenting EVERYTHING that happened to me on my blog right now (www.shrinkingjustine.com) If anybody wants to share tips or has questions about the surgery who has yet to be banded, just ask or let me know! :P

Also if anyone is in GA and wants to exchange info we can be band buddies!

Hi Justine! I hope you are doing well...congratulations! I am going to be banded tomorrow ;) I am very nervous...but...happy. I am going to start a blog today...gotta sign up. Well...keep me posted and let me know how things are going :) Im from NY but well can still be blog band buddies...

Hello, Justine! Hope you are doing well. Please keep us posted on how you are feeling and what works and what doesn't work for you. I like knowing you have a band date close to mine. I get mine on September 1. Good luck friend. Here's to our journey...CHEERS!:)

Hi I am a newbie scheduled for 08/25 - how are you doing?

Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing great and that the procedure went well for miss new yorker!! (I'm from NY too!!)

I finished week one of 3 Protein shakes a day (add a tsp of Peanut Butter, makes it taste better). During week one I lost 14lbs. :D

I'm on to mushies now. Had a portobello pizza with baby shrimp for dinner tonight. It was like ... filet mignon! :D

Welcome to BandLand !

:welldoneclap:

Good Luck on your Journey. I was banded on Aug. 11. I am feeling more human everyday. At first it is confusing figuring out how to drink the shakes and get all your Protein in, but it gets easier with each passing day. Good Luck with your journey and keep us posted on your progress! :rolleyes:

Good Luck on your Journey. I was banded on Aug. 11. I am feeling more human everyday. At first it is confusing figuring out how to drink the shakes and get all your Protein in, but it gets easier with each passing day. Good Luck with your journey and keep us posted on your progress! :rolleyes:

Yea, I did pretty good today. Hit 750 cal and 62 Proteins.

Glad to hear you have so far had a positive experience, I am scheduled for august 30th and getting very scared and wondering if I am making the right decision.

Glad to hear you have so far had a positive experience, I am scheduled for august 30th and getting very scared and wondering if I am making the right decision.

I had that feeling up until the night before. I have NO regrets now. Everything will be fine. Just do what they tell you too and walk. :)

Congratulations Justine! My banding in going to be Aug 31. I'm excited and scared. I had it scheduled for Aug of last year but chickened out. I've had a year to think about it. (And my weight hasn't changed much over the last year-I think I'm 5 lbs heavier) Anyway-thanks for sharing. I'll be joining you in a week or so. This Friday I have knee scope surgery first. Lap Band on crutches, oh well, do what you have to do according to insurance :)

Congratulations Justine! My banding in going to be Aug 31. I'm excited and scared. I had it scheduled for Aug of last year but chickened out. I've had a year to think about it. (And my weight hasn't changed much over the last year-I think I'm 5 lbs heavier) Anyway-thanks for sharing. I'll be joining you in a week or so. This Friday I have knee scope surgery first. Lap Band on crutches, oh well, do what you have to do according to insurance :)

Awww :( That's ok. You can hobble around instead of walk walking. :) At least you have a week to recover a little between the knee surgery and the band. Good luck with it all :)

Hi Justine. I get banded on sep 2. Big concern is nausea and vomit. Did you have problems. How did you feel when you woke up from surgery any words of wisdom dorm those who have recently gone through the process with the newest generation lap bands would be great. Thanks

Hi Justine. I get banded on sep 2. Big concern is nausea and vomit. Did you have problems. How did you feel when you woke up from surgery any words of wisdom dorm those who have recently gone through the process with the newest generation lap bands would be great. Thanks

Hey! I was nauseas when I woke up but it wasnt unbearable. I asked them for meds and it was fine. I never threw up though. When I got home I was only nauseas when I took my pain medication so I just stopped taking it.

Waking up I was just tired and my throat hurt very badly. That I think was the worst. I didn't have any gas pains, I just burped a lot. :)

Overall my experience was as close to perfect as it could have gotten I think. I went in afraid of all the "what ifs". Try not to psych yourself out too much before hand.

I'm in week 2 and have been eating pretty "normally". My portions are smaller and I'm not eating red meat yet because it's not "mushy" but I'm doing chicken, eggs, tuna...I had corn tonight, that I was worried about but it went down fine.

Good luck :)

I have had several surgeries, including gallbladder removal, artroscopic knee surgery, and a lump removal, non cancerous, so I am aware of the tube, and the sore throat afterward, mine didnt last all that long. But then again, I was able to drink all I wanted.

I am more curious about the xray after surgery, to check the band, did you have to drink some type of barium or something for that???