Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good luck to you!!

Anyone who might be interested go to post op and look at Sept 2010 Bandsters!

I accidentally clicked it this morning when looking for our Sept 2011 Bandsters group!

And what I found was a lot of motivation - a lot of people celebrating one year anniversaries, ups, downs, pluses, and minuses but everyone seemed to think that the decision one year ago was a really good one even a year later.

It was just what I needed because after my appointment yesterday suddenly the hunger pangs sunk in and its a good thing I was too tight to eat much! LOL

Craving of all things salty potato chips!

I finally crisped some bacon in the microwave and that did it for a while.

Good luck to all being banded today

Good luck to you!!

Hi,

I had surgery on the 7th of Sept also. How are you doing, I am feeling really good.

Hope you did well.

K :rolleyes:

I just found out this morning that my surgery date is September 7!! I didn't even know they were turning it in to insurance as I still have one more weight management visit with my primary care doc. They called me from the surgeons office this morning and said that they turned it in yesterday and got the approval this morning and when would I like to have the surgery! Wow!! I am just in shock that it went so easy for me. I'm actually glad I didn't know it was being turned in to insurance as I would have been a nervous wreck wondering about approval. I start my all liquid diet on Aug. 24th. Woot Woot!

I don't know if this will be helpful to people. I am getting banded on Friday. I have been on the liquid diet for two weeks. Not sure how much weight I've lost as the scale at home is so inaccurate. I can lose or gain 20 pounds depending where it is on the bathroom floor. So frustrating.

Anyhow, the liquid diet was rough for the first 3 days - but once i got over the caffeine deprivation headaches and adjusted to the small amounts it really wasn't that bad. One thing I really missed was flavor. I have to say that College Inn culinary broth - white wine and herb flavor - only 5 calories for 8 oz same as other broth and none of them from fat has been a real lifesaver for me. I was trying anything to get flavor in broth, putting in spices - and still couldn't get it satisfying. I don't know how they do it but that particular broth has flavor. I put it in a coffee cup and sip it when I am feeling hungry. Its not a cure-all but its tasty. I've also been enjoying Ocean Spray 5 calorie "light" cranberry juice as an alternative to crystal light.

I won't mention what they are, because none of us need reminders, but I have had cravings for the oddest foods - not the things I would have expected - my normal go to favorites. Anyone else experiencing cravings for foods you didn't expect?

I don't know if this will be helpful to people. I am getting banded on Friday. I have been on the liquid diet for two weeks. Not sure how much weight I've lost as the scale at home is so inaccurate. I can lose or gain 20 pounds depending where it is on the bathroom floor. So frustrating.

I'm getting Banded on Friday as well!

Though Mine is Outpatient so i'm in at 5am surgery at 6am then out as soon as I'm able to walk and keep Water down!

Has anyone else been banded as an outpatient?

If so what time did you go in/out?

Though Mine is Outpatient so i'm in at 5am surgery at 6am then out as soon as I'm able to walk and keep Water down!

I went to a surgery center, so staying was not an option. I got there at 6:30am, surgery was supposed to be 7:30, but the Dr. was late. I'd say it got started around 8:30ish. I had the band, hernia repair, and liver biopsy done, was out of surgery around 11am. They woke me up, got me dressed, gave me ice chips, and then I had to do 4 laps around the place before I could go home, which was about 11:30 - 11:45. I was eager to go, so I could go home and get on the lortab, cause I knew that would put be right back to sleep. I got up every couple of hours to walk, and just went back to sleep, cause that was the easiest way to handle it!

Hello all September Bandsters!

I'll be joining you tomorrow morning. I have to leave home at 4:30 a.m. and be at the hospital at 6:30. My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. and I will stay overnight in the hospital. Being banded with plication. I'm so excited.....it's been a long, long journey to get here.

Will be back when I'm on the "other" side.

Peg

Anyone who might be interested go to post op and look at Sept 2010 Bandsters!

I accidentally clicked it this morning when looking for our Sept 2011 Bandsters group!

And what I found was a lot of motivation - a lot of people celebrating one year anniversaries, ups, downs, pluses, and minuses but everyone seemed to think that the decision one year ago was a really good one even a year later.

It was just what I needed because after my appointment yesterday suddenly the hunger pangs sunk in and its a good thing I was too tight to eat much! LOL

Craving of all things salty potato chips!

I finally crisped some bacon in the microwave and that did it for a while.

Good luck to all being banded today

I'm making the transiton to the Sept 2011 Bandsters group in the Post-Op forum. I hope to see some of you there. Good luck to everyone who is being banded in the next couple days. I'll be waiting to hear how it went in the post op forum.

I went to a surgery center, so staying was not an option. I got there at 6:30am, surgery was supposed to be 7:30, but the Dr. was late. I'd say it got started around 8:30ish. I had the band, hernia repair, and liver biopsy done, was out of surgery around 11am. They woke me up, got me dressed, gave me ice chips, and then I had to do 4 laps around the place before I could go home, which was about 11:30 - 11:45. I was eager to go, so I could go home and get on the lortab, cause I knew that would put be right back to sleep. I got up every couple of hours to walk, and just went back to sleep, cause that was the easiest way to handle it!

Thanks for the info!

Its good to know so that i can relay the info to my family who will be waiting for me at the surgery center!

=)

By the by,

Liquid diets suck.

and watching TV makes it worse with all the yummy looking commercials!

I got banded at a surgery center as well. My surgery was scheduled for 10:30 but it got started a little later than that (the Dr. was running late). I got taken into the O.R about 10:50ish & I woke up from surgery about 12:30. They gave me some medication for the nausea & pain & made me "wake up". I was up & out by 1:15. It was actually a lot faster than I thought. They didnt even make me walk or go to the bathroom like I've read they had some other people do.

The day after tomorrow for you!! How exciting :) Good luck!

Hello all September Bandsters!

I'll be joining you tomorrow morning. I have to leave home at 4:30 a.m. and be at the hospital at 6:30. My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. and I will stay overnight in the hospital. Being banded with plication. I'm so excited.....it's been a long, long journey to get here.

Will be back when I'm on the "other" side.

Peg

Good luck tomorrow Peg! I am now on the other side. IRS not a walk in the park, but it's not too bad.

Good luck, peps!! Will be thinking about you tomorrow and will next see you as a bandster.

About 12 hours until Bandland admission! How exciting!!

oh my! 7 hours and counting!

Is there a big difference between Lap Band and Realize band?

HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Septembers! I am feeling sooooo good. Normally I am a sour puss, but not today. My hubby is in the hospital again and I'm trying to keep my head up. I am down to 275! 275! Woot! Since my fill the weight has been falling off and I've worked out twice this week. Im trying to step it up but hubby's health issues take up all my time for now. Hopefully he will be home sunday.