Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@PEps: good luck!!! @texasbandit: so sorry he is back in the hospital. Hope it is a short stay!

I haven't been on much cause I am back at work full swing. But as of this morn total lost is 21 lbs!!! So excited. I am on soft food and who would have thought scrambled eggs could be so good! I am avg a pound a day. It is hard to wrap my mind around how little food I eat. I ha to have what little (3.5cc) Fluid in my band taken out due to shoulder pain. It helped. That process was ok. It hurt a little but the nurse was fast and great at accessing my port. Anyways I hope everyone is well. See y'all in the post op sept group!

Good Luck to everyone being banded on today September 30!

You are the last in our long line of people who successfully made the transition this month.

Who knows what is ahead for all of us.

Everyone transition over to the September 2011 Bandsters group in the Post Op group as soon as you can so that we can all share what is around the corner!

Good luck Peps! sorry to hear about your hubby texax bandit - but congrats on the weight loss!

I'm at 20 lbs today - but my appetite is starting to come back. I had the plication which I think is helping some, but can't wait until my first fill!

See you on the other side!

@PEps: good luck!!! @texasbandit: so sorry he is back in the hospital. Hope it is a short stay!

I haven't been on much cause I am back at work full swing. But as of this morn total lost is 21 lbs!!! So excited. I am on soft food and who would have thought scrambled eggs could be so good! I am avg a pound a day. It is hard to wrap my mind around how little food I eat. I ha to have what little (3.5cc) Fluid in my band taken out due to shoulder pain. It helped. That process was ok. It hurt a little but the nurse was fast and great at accessing my port. Anyways I hope everyone is well. See y'all in the post op sept group!

Well, I have now joined the banded band! I went into hospital on Thursday at 11.30am and was operated on at 1.30pm. It can't have gone any better I have to say. I woke up sore around the midriff but that has improved a lot over the 24 hours since I was operated on. It feels like I have done a thousand sit ups! but strangely I have no gas pains at all and I was all ready with my GasX, maybe the gas pains have still to arrive? hope not! Deep breaths are sore but the meds have it sorted for now. Got home today at 12.30pm and had some Soup. I think overall while I would want to go through the process again, it was not as traumatic as I was expecting nor as painful after the fact. One step at a time I guess and a few days to let everything settle before going back to work. Hope everyone is doing well and keep in touch. Gary

Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am 9 days post op and feeling great about my decision to get the lapband. I am still on the liquid diet and beginning to hate it but I will hang in there. I have lost 10lbs since the surgery!! My co-workers have all noticed the change in my face and it keeps me motivated to hear such great compliments. Today when getting dressed for work, I fit into scrubs I havent been able to wear in a year!!! I was stoked and needless to say, that made my week. Good luck to eeveryone and I'll be seeing yall in the post op forum for sure!

Gary, i am 9 days post op and still have gas pains. They started around day 3. So dont put that gas away just yet ;) good luck to you!

Woo Hoo!!! I'm in Bandland!

Surgery went super well!

in at 5

surgery at 6:30

home by 9am!!

Relatively no pain

some gas

Sore dry/throat

Sleepy!!

I just feel so accomplished!

Kiki13- I am wearing scrubs today I haven't worn in about 6 mo- last time I wore them they were pretty snug! It is an awesome feeling! I am at 21 pounds and people are noticing here too. It is super motivation!

Go Rangers!!!!!!

Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I am 9 days post op and feeling great about my decision to get the lapband. I am still on the liquid diet and beginning to hate it but I will hang in there. I have lost 10lbs since the surgery!! My co-workers have all noticed the change in my face and it keeps me motivated to hear such great compliments. Today when getting dressed for work, I fit into scrubs I havent been able to wear in a year!!! I was stoked and needless to say, that made my week. Good luck to eeveryone and I'll be seeing yall in the post op forum for sure!

When were you banded? Recently? I got banded on Sept 13 and my doctor doesn't do the first fill for 2 months. My pouch is only 1-2 oz and I'm so scared I'm drinking too much and stretching it.

What is the normal amount of a fill for 1st timers?

HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Septembers! I am feeling sooooo good. Normally I am a sour puss, but not today. My hubby is in the hospital again and I'm trying to keep my head up. I am down to 275! 275! Woot! Since my fill the weight has been falling off and I've worked out twice this week. Im trying to step it up but hubby's health issues take up all my time for now. Hopefully he will be home sunday.

Gary, i am 9 days post op and still have gas pains. They started around day 3. So dont put that gas away just yet ;) good luck to you!

You are right, I have more gas pain today, I can hear gurgling from every part of my tummy. With all the various pains and strange feelings I can't decipher hunger, I honestly don't know if if I need to eat or not.

When were you banded? Recently? I got banded on Sept 13 and my doctor doesn't do the first fill for 2 months. My pouch is only 1-2 oz and I'm so scared I'm drinking too much and stretching it.

What is the normal amount of a fill for 1st timers?

When I was in the office and they took my Fluid out the nurse did the barium swallow again. She showed me the images and I worried about just fluid stretching my pouch. The fluid should run easily through the opening. Of coarse you cant guzzle but if you are drinking normal drinks (my staff says its ok and they reccomend a straw) then there should be no problem. She also told me that their office takes us up to 4 cc on our first fill- of coarse I already had 3.5 so if I wouldnt have had issues it actually would have been a small fill. Hope that helps!