Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If it bubbles, good chance it's carbonated. Sorry I've had so many posts - I'm only getting on here 1x a day now :)

I had no idea the Limeades had carbonation. Learn something everyday.

My sis worked at sonic and confirmed that the limeades have carbination :(

So i'm back to work today 5 days after surgery. The pain is much better I stopped taking my percs after 3 days. I've been up and getting around pretty well. My biggest struggle right now is the liquid diet. I'm struggling sooo bad!! everything is gross. even greek yogurt and cottage cheese which i liked before I gag thinking about eating it. The only thing I can drink is the carnation instant Breakfast sugar free. But i've been struggling with that also. I'm not drinking enough Water so I'm dehydrated. I dont know what to do but I cant take much more of this liquid diet. HELP!! what can I do to get this Protein in. Is anyone else struggling with this?

So i'm back to work today 5 days after surgery. The pain is much better I stopped taking my percs after 3 days. I've been up and getting around pretty well. My biggest struggle right now is the liquid diet. I'm struggling sooo bad!! everything is gross. even greek yogurt and cottage cheese which i liked before I gag thinking about eating it. The only thing I can drink is the carnation instant breakfast sugar free. But i've been struggling with that also. I'm not drinking enough Water so I'm dehydrated. I dont know what to do but I cant take much more of this liquid diet. HELP!! what can I do to get this Protein in. Is anyone else struggling with this?

I've had a horrible time with it in my second week. I was not that hungry the first week, but I got my appetite back after 5 or 6 days. Fortunately, my dad brought me some home made bean Soup which he pureed for me and it was a life saver. Contrary to what I would have thought, the gas from the Beans actually helped move the stagnant gas along, so it all worked out for me. I'd recommend others approach any foods that may cause gas cautiously, cause you may not have the same luck that I did.

I have my first appt on Thursday, and I pray that I can move on to mushies. I'm going to have a problem there too - because I also refuse eat meat that has been pureed - but still I'll be able to have tuna, flaky fish and scrambled eggs which will be a giant step forward. I'm not supposed to have cottage cheese yet, but I have eaten a lot of it just to keep my sanity. What I would give to have a nice big juicy burger right about now...

I've had a horrible time with it in my second week. I was not that hungry the first week, but I got my appetite back after 5 or 6 days. Fortunately, my dad brought me some home made bean Soup which he pureed for me and it was a life saver. Contrary to what I would have thought, the gas from the Beans actually helped move the stagnant gas along, so it all worked out for me. I'd recommend others approach any foods that may cause gas cautiously, cause you may not have the same luck that I did.

I have my first appt on Thursday, and I pray that I can move on to mushies. I'm going to have a problem there too - because I also refuse eat meat that has been pureed - but still I'll be able to have tuna, flaky fish and scrambled eggs which will be a giant step forward. I'm not supposed to have cottage cheese yet, but I have eaten a lot of it just to keep my sanity. What I would give to have a nice big juicy burger right about now...

I actually just ordered a container of the unflavored Unjury powder. It says you can mix with anything so I figured cream Soups and juice and I can at least get my Protein in! I cant wait to have scrambled eggs!! Hope you get good news at your appt on thursday!!

I hope everything goes great for you tomorrow!!!

I am scheduled for Thursday, the 29th.

Take Care!

Hi, I'm being banded with plication on Thursday, the 29th also! We'll have to stay in touch. Good luck to you. I'm so excited that it's hard for me to concentrate at work. I just want to get it over with and start my new life. Take care. Peg

I have my 2 week post op appt today and I so can't wait to see if they advance my diet. I am so bored with the liquid diet, lol. I was able to sleep on my stomach last night too and that felt so good! Hope everyone is doing good!

Hi all! Day 4 post op :) I along with a few of you am sick of this liquid diet! Im going crazy! I've read a lot of people dont have an appetite, but Im so hungry it hurts. Litterally! I know that this is only the beginning, but Im starving myself! I almost gave in yesterday & ate a peice of ham. :/ How do I feel full on liquids?

Six days post op and I have moved on to some mushies. The liquid diet is hard but I didn't want to chance anything going wrong so I stuck it out till today. I had malt-o-meal for breakfast and cottage cheese with pureed strawberries for lunch. This is the best thing I've tasted in what seems like forever! Lol. I start soft foods on Sunday... Can't wait to have me some EGGS!

***On a different note***

I still have some gas pains in my left shoulder radiating down my arm and pain with the highest incision. I haven't taken pain meds since my 2nd day of post op. Been back at work since yesterday and still sleeping in a recliner. I tried laying in bed last night but it hurt too much =( I just want to sleep next to my hubby, it feels weird not to. I'm so excited about life so try not to let it all get to me.

THANKS SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN!!!

I just got back from my 1 week post op. He removed one bandage from the incision for the hernia repair and told me the rest stay on as long as they will and when they fall off they fall off. First fill in 3 weeks.

He encouraged me to not worry about amounts of fluids or Protein, just eat when hungry and don't when you're not and keep it low carb. I'm down 18.5lbs since 8/29/2011 and am at 195 lbs so he says he's happy with the progress and just keep plugging away. I'm so glad I was on a short liquid diet program!

It's weird that I'm so tight in the morning and then as the day goes on I can feel some relief as things stretch out a little more! Still no issues with anything but minor gas after diet soda - but I'm trying to keep that as much as possible to just a small morning caffeine thing and then onto Water or crystal light with Water.< /p>

Six days post op and I have moved on to some mushies. The liquid diet is hard but I didn't want to chance anything going wrong so I stuck it out till today. I had malt-o-meal for breakfast and cottage cheese with pureed strawberries for lunch. This is the best thing I've tasted in what seems like forever! Lol. I start soft foods on Sunday... Can't wait to have me some EGGS!

I still have some gas pains in my left shoulder radiating down my arm and pain with the highest incision. I haven't taken pain meds since my 2nd day of post op. Been back at work since yesterday and still sleeping in a recliner. I tried laying in bed last night but it hurt too much =( I just want to sleep next to my hubby, it feels weird not to. I'm so excited about life so try not to let it all get to me.

The whole bed thing sounds familiar! I slept all night in my bed with the hubby for the first time since Sept.12, just last night! I would try but I am not a back sleeper and so laying flat on my back hurt too much. I have been feeling good the past few days, like pain free, and so I tried laying on my stomach and I was scared, lol. It didn't hurt so I slept in bed all night, lol. Silly little triumph :) It did feel so weird to not sleep with him.

SDBandit, I had my 1st postop today too. My nutrionist gave me an A+ and put me on soft foods so I stopped at the store for some tilapia and green Beans for dinner. Eating canned tuna right now and it is soooo good. Especially the chewing. I asked the nutrionist about carbs and fats as well as calorie intake today since we all have been discussing that. She recommended me to never drop under 600 calories per day and never go over 1000. 800 is a good happy medium and I think I can live easily with that. Carbs to stay under 60, with no more than one fruit per day, Fat under 25 grams and Protein always over 64 grams. I think this is workable for me and she wants me to cut back to one Protein Shake a day and to try to get everything else from real food. I go back to the doc and the nutritionist again in 6 weeks unless I begin to get hungry and eat portions that are too large before then. He said my lack of hunger is due to the plication and we are going to try to let that work before he starts adjusting my band, no so fill in my immediate future and I am ok with that. Can start regular exercise in 3 weeks, for now just keep up walking and the like. He was happy with my progress. So it was a good visit for me.

SDBandit, I had my 1st postop today too. My nutrionist gave me an A+ and put me on soft foods so I stopped at the store for some tilapia and green Beans for dinner. Eating canned tuna right now and it is soooo good. Especially the chewing. I asked the nutrionist about carbs and fats as well as calorie intake today since we all have been discussing that. She recommended me to never drop under 600 calories per day and never go over 1000. 800 is a good happy medium and I think I can live easily with that. Carbs to stay under 60, with no more than one fruit per day, Fat under 25 grams and Protein always over 64 grams. I think this is workable for me and she wants me to cut back to one Protein shake a day and to try to get everything else from real food. I go back to the doc and the nutritionist again in 6 weeks unless I begin to get hungry and eat portions that are too large before then. He said my lack of hunger is due to the plication and we are going to try to let that work before he starts adjusting my band, no so fill in my immediate future and I am ok with that. Can start regular exercise in 3 weeks, for now just keep up walking and the like. He was happy with my progress. So it was a good visit for me.

Congratulations on moving to some soft foods! That's great. My surgery is Thursday. Can't wait. I'm soooooo very ready. This is a great support group. I've learned so many things here. Keep doing what you're doing! I'll probably need help next week! Take care. Peg

Need2lose - you are on the same 2-2-2 plan I am on. I start on pureed foods on Wed or Thurs this week after my doctor's appt. Tomorrow is 2 weeks.

Monday will be 2 weeks for me, and my first postop appt......need to be on liquids for another week....argh

I have my 2 week post op appt today and I so can't wait to see if they advance my diet. I am so bored with the liquid diet, lol. I was able to sleep on my stomach last night too and that felt so good! Hope everyone is doing good!

How'd it go? Tell me about it. I'm also sooo bored of the liquid diet and i don't much like my shakes..........

Oh, i can't wait to sleep on my stomach...............