Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I never thought cream of wheat would ever taste as good as it does, lol. My father in law had a good suggestion, to add a little flavored sugar free coffee creamer in with it to add different flavors too. I haven't tried it because I have the maple brown sugar now but I am going to try that next. I thought that sounded so good.

thanks for sharing! I'm gonna have to try that =)

I was banded on September 1st too. I have lost 25 lbs. How have you been doing? I had my first fill on the 21st.

I will be banded on September 1st so looking for support and someone to share the journey with. I have not been told anything about the pro op diet. I actually have my pre op day on August 30 and get banded on September 1st. I hope they let know me know anything I need to be doing soon. My BMI is 32 so I am opting to pay for my surgery with a combination insurance because of the hietal hernia. Congratulations to us on choosing to make a life sytle change. Look forward to your suppor

t.

I can't get the Protein Shake to go down. I taste a little bit and almost got sick to my stomach. I tried to eat some grits this morning, I only had about 3 small spoonfuls, that was all I can eat. I have had tried some yogurt and pudding , they was okay going down.

I never thought cream of wheat would ever taste as good as it does, lol. My father in law had a good suggestion, to add a little flavored sugar free coffee creamer in with it to add different flavors too. I haven't tried it because I have the maple brown sugar now but I am going to try that next. I thought that sounded so good.

I put some splenda and cinnamon. Even though i need to make it soupy, it still makes me feel like i'm eating something..........somewhat........ :)

ugh, trying to choke down a Protein shake.......sucks. I HATE this liquid diet and to think i've got another week of it!!

No one who had the band done said anything about this. Made it sound like it was nothing..........hurumph!

I can't get the Protein Shake to go down. I taste a little bit and almost got sick to my stomach. I tried to eat some grits this morning, I only had about 3 small spoonfuls, that was all I can eat. I have had tried some yogurt and pudding , they was okay going down.

Definately with you there. I even tried some of the recipes given on this forum and just couldn't stomach it.

I can also get yogurt, cream of wheat, Soup, and pudding down fine but i'm always afraid i'm not getting enough Protein. My nutritionist said for the first 2 weeks after surgery, i need to have 3 Protein Shakes a day and ONLY if i'm hungry, i can have the other liquids mentioned above. If i can get 2 a day down without gagging it up, i'm lucky, but i'm definately hungry enough for the other foods.

Omg. Just had some cream of Tomato Soup. Sooooo good. I filled up a coffee mug. I took like 10 small sips and was full. Lol. That can of Soup will last me all week. But it was so good.

Omg. Just had some cream of Tomato Soup. Sooooo good. I filled up a coffee mug. I took like 10 small sips and was full. Lol. That can of Soup will last me all week. But it was so good.

I am laughing! I have a covered jar full of (blended) cream of chicken soup in the fridge that is taped so no one can get to it! I was irritated today that my child grabbed a heaping glass of MY NAS apple juice. I can only have pretty much full liqs now and am becoming possessive of the foods I can have! I have a space in the snack cabinet for all my diet paraphenalia and I threaten people with throwing their stuff out if they put it in my space (which is often). Don't know what everyone else's Protein Drinks are, but I really love them right now which is weird. Feeling good 6 days out post banding with plication. Wondering if it is normal to not have any BM's since surgery? Don't even feel the need right now. I do see the doctor soon so I guess I will find out for sure.

Love hearing the tips and tricks out there!

I put some splenda and cinnamon. Even though i need to make it soupy, it still makes me feel like i'm eating something..........somewhat........ :)

That sounds good! May have to try that! I need more variety.

Lol i think i felt your pain in this post. I decided to drive my friends son home who came over to do some yard work... Its only a few blocks and i am on tylenol now for pain... Ill be fine! Well my dumb butt didnt figure into that picture that i drive a jeep! Not was climbing in a pain but just the bumpyness of the ride killed me... But i kept the brave face so he wasnt like what the heck! So i dropped him and decided to make it worth it and got an ice tea at sonic... It was a nice treat and to not fi jsh a small compared to the Rt 44 i use to get... That was strange! Tomorrow i am suppose to see a movie with a friend?.. Wish me luch on that one- oh and I go back to work Monday! Yea me!

Hey, I did that today (went to the movie). It was great! Had a Protein Drink packed and sipped through the movie. And water bottle of course! Unfortunately, sitting there helped collect a big gigantic air bubble and I had no Gas X strips, so I made my family let me walk home. It was maybe a mile or so (I guess). Even wth the 6 or 8 I have lost so far, walking felt just a little easier today!

I am laughing! I have a covered jar full of (blended) cream of chicken Soup in the fridge that is taped so no one can get to it! I was irritated today that my child grabbed a heaping glass of MY NAS apple juice. I can only have pretty much full liqs now and am becoming possessive of the foods I can have! I have a space in the snack cabinet for all my diet paraphenalia and I threaten people with throwing their stuff out if they put it in my space (which is often). Don't know what everyone else's Protein Drinks are, but I really love them right now which is weird. Feeling good 6 days out post banding with plication. Wondering if it is normal to not have any BM's since surgery? Don't even feel the need right now. I do see the doctor soon so I guess I will find out for sure.

I did the same thing!! My sugar free Jello and pudding pkgs are taped on a shelf saying don't touch. My yogurt has a tape on it as well.

Over the weekend i made a large chicken soup for the family. I took about 1/4 of it and blended it with the veggies......wouldn't you know i caught my 2 daughters eating from the pot that contained MY soup!!! It's funny, i've never been this selfish with my foods and stuff, but man, if i can only have liquids for 2 whole weeks, i'm gonna get possesive over my foods! :)

I am laughing! I have a covered jar full of (blended) cream of chicken Soup in the fridge that is taped so no one can get to it! I was irritated today that my child grabbed a heaping glass of MY NAS apple juice. I can only have pretty much full liqs now and am becoming possessive of the foods I can have! I have a space in the snack cabinet for all my diet paraphenalia and I threaten people with throwing their stuff out if they put it in my space (which is often). Don't know what everyone else's Protein drinks are, but I really love them right now which is weird. Feeling good 6 days out post banding with plication. Wondering if it is normal to not have any BM's since surgery? Don't even feel the need right now. I do see the doctor soon so I guess I will find out for sure.

I have put all my things on the top shelf of the refrigerator. I told the kids hands off. This is mine!!They can touch everything else but not my yogurt and Jello. I made sure that everyone was in there, even the 3 year old. My husband bought me some tropical sugar free jello and Popsicle. I can not stand the taste of them. They seem to be really sweet. I even told them that they can have those.

It's so of normal not to have a bm....mine was on day 8 after 3 doses of Miralax. Walking helps too when you take something to make your bm move. It's good to start because having your bowels move will definitely make you lose weight. I lost 4 lbs after my first :)

I have no problems with Protein drinks either....it is the plan and I'm committed to losing weight. I figure the way gastric bypass patients lose so much is drinking the protein drinks so just trying to stay focused. I've not heard of that Protein Drink but will look it up. I go on Wednesday to get staples out. I've had a set back of doing too much too soon. My walking is good but I get tired really fast.

I am laughing! I have a covered jar full of (blended) cream of chicken Soup in the fridge that is taped so no one can get to it! I was irritated today that my child grabbed a heaping glass of MY NAS apple juice. I can only have pretty much full liqs now and am becoming possessive of the foods I can have! I have a space in the snack cabinet for all my diet paraphenalia and I threaten people with throwing their stuff out if they put it in my space (which is often). Don't know what everyone else's protein drinks are, but I really love them right now which is weird. Feeling good 6 days out post banding with plication. Wondering if it is normal to not have any BM's since surgery? Don't even feel the need right now. I do see the doctor soon so I guess I will find out for sure.

Definately with you there. I even tried some of the recipes given on this forum and just couldn't stomach it.

I can also get yogurt, cream of wheat, Soup, and pudding down fine but i'm always afraid i'm not getting enough Protein. My nutritionist said for the first 2 weeks after surgery, i need to have 3 Protein Shakes a day and ONLY if i'm hungry, i can have the other liquids mentioned above. If i can get 2 a day down without gagging it up, i'm lucky, but i'm definately hungry enough for the other foods.

Have you tried adding dry non-fat milk powder to your "Foods"?

Its an extra boost of protein and it adds some creaminess flavor!

Had my last visit with Doc before surgery and asked for a Rx to fill before surgery (( On Sept 30! 4 more days!! ))

but she told me that they didn't normally give Rx for pain or nausea since it rarely occurs.

That was just weird considering all of the posts on here about pain, nausea and gas.

Got some Gas X strips

liquid Tylenol

witch hazel (for itchiness of stitches)

a pill crusher (for regular meds)

a pill split-er

and Gummy vitamins!

need to get an ice tray to freeze soup/juice portions

and disposable shot glasses so my portions look like 2 oz instead of 1oz!

laugh.gif