Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so happy for you. You made it yayyyy...lol. I am having my surgery on the 29th also. I am in the U.S.A currently residing in richmond, va

Hello Fellow September Bandsters~

I just made the cut! My surgery date is set for Sept 29th. Well Im in Korea. So technically it's the 28th for you guys!wink.gif

Good luck to everyone! I look forward to hearing about you journeys rolleyes.gif

http://muffintopmoxy.blogspot.com/

So how are you doing so far? The surgery date is almost here!

I'm getting banded sept 22. My preop diet is low carb x 2 wks. So excited !

Getting banded on Thursday... My husband has been so supportive of me getting the surgery but today he said he doesn't think I should do it. He 's been reading a lot of stories about people having complications. I'm trying to reassure him I'll be ok but he's freaking me out now!

My husband was the same way. As time got closer, he was questioning and not wanting to talk about it. I had my surgery yesterday and now he's fine. I think that once you're on the other side and your husband sees you're doing fine, he'll feel much better. It's the unknown that scares him like it did my husband. Good luck!

I was able to function without too much pain the very next day. Maybe I wasn't in pain due to the pain killers but it really didn't seem bad. My hubs went back to work so I was on my own and I was fine. I'm now almost 2 weeks post op and the only problem I'm dealing with is itchy itchy incisions. Every once in a while my port area hurts but it doesn't last long.

Thanks for your response. I'm able to function today as well but still taking the painkiller. My husband did go to work today as well. I'm feeling a lot of soreness from all the incisions......have no idea where my port is......is it through the biggest incision?

I am new here and I am having my procedure on Sept. 29, 2011. I am currently on my 6th day of the liver diet. My diet consist of: Breakfast- boost glucose control, Lunch-boost glucose control and a piece of fruit, Snack- lowfat yogurt, Dinner- 2 pieces of wheat bread, 4oz meat and a cup of vegatables. Right now I am kinda hungry but I am making it. I am glad they have support groups out here.

Hi Diva!

Who is doing your Lap-Band surgery? Are you having it done in Richmond? I will be banded on the 29th as well, and I am on the same diet. My surgeon is Dr. Matthew Brengman - Dominion Surgical Assoc. at St. Mary's Hospital.

Good luck to you!

Peg

Today is my surgery! Wish me luck everyone. See you on the other side. Yay! :)

Good luck! We'll all be thinking of you and know that it will go well. Let us know once you feel like getting back on the forum. Peg

My husband was the same way. As time got closer, he was questioning and not wanting to talk about it. I had my surgery yesterday and now he's fine. I think that once you're on the other side and your husband sees you're doing fine, he'll feel much better. It's the unknown that scares him like it did my husband. Good luck!

Mine was the exact same way! Supportive but then didn't want to talk about it and was questioning me about why I wanted to do it. Finally when I told him I was doing it for me and me only, because he kept telling me I was fine the way I am. I think that woke him up that it was something I was determined to do for me it was like a light bulb went off. Good luck!

Thanks for your response. I'm able to function today as well but still taking the painkiller. My husband did go to work today as well. I'm feeling a lot of soreness from all the incisions......have no idea where my port is......is it through the biggest incision?

Mine is a little below the biggest incision. Now that the swelling is going down I can feel it when I stand up.

Good luck today! I am sure it will go really well!

My Lap-Band surgery was yesterday morning and all is well. I'm still in hospital and will likely stay another night. Yesterday was nothing by mouth. Today is Clear Liquids. My surgeon is conservative. He wants the stomach to rest and recover and then take it slow. This is fen with me!

My lungs have needed breathing treatments every four hours. I've been up walking and am sitting Ina chair right now. The incisions hurt and I'm thankful for pain meds!

Deep breathing is painful.

All in all, the experience has been good and I lime my surgical and nursing team and the hospital. I will list again when I get hone and can catch up with everyone else!

On my way to a size 12 and better health!

My Lap-Band surgery was yesterday morning and all is well. I'm still in hospital and will likely stay another night. Yesterday was nothing by mouth. Today is clear liquids. My surgeon is conservative. He wants the stomach to rest and recover and then take it slow. This is fen with me!

My lungs have needed breathing treatments every four hours. I've been up walking and am sitting Ina chair right now. The incisions hurt and I'm thankful for pain meds!

All in all, the experience has been good and I lime my surgical and nursing team and the hospital. I will list again when I get hone and can catch up with everyone else!

Good for you, Becky Jane. Take it slow and easy. I'll join you next Thursday. Can't wait. Good luck with your band. Peg

My Lap-Band surgery was yesterday morning and all is well. I'm still in hospital and will likely stay another night. Yesterday was nothing by mouth. Today is clear liquids. My surgeon is conservative. He wants the stomach to rest and recover and then take it slow. This is fen with me!

We got banded at the same time!!!! I went home afterwards though. Hope you're doing better.

Yes, the incisions do hurt! I'm in the same boat. It's also hard to move around in bed so i didn't sleep too well.

We're on our way! :)

Thanks for the feedback! I hope he comes around after... I want to live a long and healthy life.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE GETTING BANDED TODAY!!!

Thanks for the feedback! I hope he comes around after... I want to live a long and healthy life.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE GETTING BANDED TODAY!!!

I just told my husband he should be thanking me because that is just longer I get to live because I will be healthier :)