Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I can eat eggs. I'm beyond excited. I had oatmeal today, one envelop and I am so stuffed I can't believe it. Ugh!! I feel like I ate a whole plate of food. So just 2 eggs tonight. I've lost like half a pound. The scale isn't budging. I know, healing. I just don't know how healing stops weight loss but ok.

LOL!!! I have no doubt you just said exactly what I'll feel two weeks from now! I don't understand why healing stops weight loss either. I've always understood this to be calories in vs. calories out. I would think healing would expend calories, not add them! I'm really glad there have been so many posts on this topic, because I never would have guessed it, and even knowing - I'm sure I'll get frustrated.

Enjoy your eggs tonight!! I'll be craving your eggs as I consume my last Protein Shake - YEAH!!! I've got to be at the surgery center at 6:30am tomorrow to finally get my band!

Doing pretty good. Doing lots of little walks today to get that air moving around inside me. It's pretty uncomfortable. But I keep looking at the silver lining in this... A few days of pain/being uncomfortable is what I have to go thru to lead a healthier life - I'm so very good with that!

I got rid of all that uncomfortable gas in my abdomen (I was just banded Monday) by walking around but I have some major gurgling going on in my stomach and intestines. My hubby went and got me those Gas X strips everyone has been talking about and it totally calmed those down. Felt way better. They won't help for the gas that is painful but the gurgly gas in the tummy they were wonderful! Take care!

I'm looking forward to starting mushies tomorrow... 4 weeks of liquids has gotten pretty boring.

For those of you also at the 2-week-ish mark, I have a question: how prominent is your port? My bruising is gone, and my incisions look great - no redness or puffiness. But when I am laying in bed on my back, my port is pretty dang prominent - it makes a little hill on my belly, maybe raising the skin up an inch or so. And if I roll onto my right side, it is even more prominent, it makes a... not sure how to describe it. Coming from the top, it goes out and then dips WAY in on the other side of the port.

I am just checking to see if that's relatively normal, or if I should talk to my doctor. My concern is, if it is that prominent this early, once I lose weight ... it seems like it will really be an issue.

Well I don't know where my port is! I'm 2 weeks out. I don't have any indication it is there. But then again every body is different.

I know, and you're right. It isn't hurting, so I am trying to not obsess over it. I see my doctor for my first fill next Thursday, and I can ask him about it then. My only real fear is he'll be like "Wow, that's not right, we'll have to go back into surgery." Noooooo, I am through the hell, and I am feeling really great! :lol:

I have lots of torso fat so maybe that's y mine doesn't show.

At the seminar i had gone to, there was a bandster who spoke about the band. I asked her if she can feel the port. She came over to me and had me feel the port area of her stomach......i felt it just below the skin and she had virtually no fat there. I never thought to ask the surgeon about it's placement when i saw him tues. Oh well.

I had my pre-admission testing and paper work done today. Can I say this was the longest day ever!! I am still good to go next Thursday on Sept. 22.

It is great to hear how good everyone is doing after surgery. I am set for this Friday, 5:00 am check in. I am so ready to be where you guys are; the other side of surgery.

YEAH!!!! My day is finally here. Im at the surg center, just waiting to get prepped! Surgery is supposed to start in less than an hour! I thought this day would never get here!

I can't tell you how inspired by everyone I am. Good results for those who have passed and we are on day 15 of September!

Good luck to all who are being banded today!

This has been great for all us nervous nellies who aren't sure what to expect. I'm getting a little nervous. Last friday I went to the dentist because of a problem with a tooth. They found out I had a gum infection. He prescribed Clindamycin 3 times a day for 10 days (finish up the sunday before my surgery on the 19th). I've been taking them faithfully to make sure that I'm all clear by surgery day. When the surgery center called yesterday, I told them about the infection as part of the preop. She didn't seem concerned when I told her I would be done with 10 days of antibiotics on Sunday and the surgery was Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but having nightmares that they will say nope you have to wait.

YEAH!!!! My day is finally here. Im at the surg center, just waiting to get prepped! Surgery is supposed to start in less than an hour! I thought this day would never get here!

Congratulations!!!!! My surgery is two weeks from today!!!

I am home and happy. My surgery and hospital stay went well. The only thing was it was almost 5 last night before I actually got in surgery, so all day without a sip of Water was pretty tough. The hospital personel were fantastic and I am blessed to have had such a wonderful doctor. I was in a fair amount of pain last night, but they kept on with different meds until we got ahead of the pain. I just took my liquid lortab after the bumpy ride home, so I know that shortly what pain I do have is going to be pretty much gone. So far I have had just a smidgen of shoulder pain and it goes away as soon as I move around, not even enough to take a tylenol for if I hadn't had surgery, so I am pretty thankful for that and hope it continues that way. No nausea at all, but they were giving me nausea meds regularly at the hospital. So all in all, I have to say that it was a fairly easy experience all things considered. I hope that alieves some fears some of you may be having, knowing that my experience was pretty easy.

I am schedule for Sept 29th---very excited and nervous--started pre-op diet today--so far so good--Had my first Protein Drink to day--not bad.

Im home and doing well. I remeber fom my previous surgeries that there is a huge difference the second day. I'm still glad I. Got this done. And am so happy to have this part done. Everyone's posts have been dead on, about how I. Feel. I did tell the anesthesiologist to give me plenty of anti nausea meds and she did. I also got a patch behind my ear and hva no problems. I would recommend everyone to do the same!