Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@stateofzen, you look AWESOME! Congrats on your fantastic success. My new goal is to post pics next September showing a successful weight loss like yours. Way to go!

Stateofzen,

Hi :) first I would like to say you look amazing! I am so inspired after seeing your pictures. I have a few questions. I am being banded september 13th! My question to you is did you have any flabby skin during the process of loosing weight? And how much did you excercise weekly? Thank you :)

I am scheduled for surgery on Sep 1st. I started my pre-op diet last Thursday ( aug 18th). It is the Nutri-med diet. Haven't found any of it very delicious but I have already lost 4 pounds so that is ok. I had an upper GI last week that showed a possible hiatal hernia and ulcer so I am having an EGD done this Tuesday to have a closer look. Hope it doesn't interfere with my surgery.... kinda nervous about it tho.

I am scheduled for surgery on Sep 1st. I started my pre-op diet last Thursday ( aug 18th). It is the Nutri-med diet. Haven't found any of it very delicious but I have already lost 4 pounds so that is ok. I had an upper GI last week that showed a possible hiatal hernia and ulcer so I am having an EGD done this Tuesday to have a closer look. Hope it doesn't interfere with my surgery.... kinda nervous about it tho.

I am having an EGD done on Thursday. I am also nervous. Let me know how yours goes.

I'm new to this website but after 10 months of fighting with my insurance I finally got my date: September 14th! I just started my four week pre-op diet yesterday, has anyone ever heard of a four week pre-op diet? I've lost 2lbs already! But, it's going to be tough, liquids, Protein shakes, Jello, juice, Greek yogurt (that's about it!) It's been a tough two days :(

I am sorry to hear you have to be on the pre-op diet for four weeks. My surgery date is the same as yours Wednesday Sept. 14th but I dont start the diet till Sept 1st. Lets keep intouch and encourge each other. I know you can do it!! You came this far. :D

i have my surgery scheduled for sept 14. im self paying, im ready to get it going!

Me too what time is yours scheduled for mines @ 7:30 am have to be at the hospital @ 6am though. I am so excited for all of us September Bandsters!!!

oneyearpre-op.jpg

I'm so excited to see the September group-- I was banded one year ago in September and it was one of the best things I've every done for myself. I remember spending time looking at pics to try to imagine where I might be and finding them inspirational, but I could never really imagine what might happen for me. These are pics of one-year's progress ( I started a low-carb pre-op diet in August a month before my surgery, so my surgery weight was 264 in September).

Good luck to all of you!

Congrads to you. You look fantastic. You must be so proud of what you accomplished. Thanks for posting your pictures.

I'm getting banded on 9/15, and am really nervous about the liquid diet. They told me I can't have caffiene, as it will dehydrate me. I am addicted to my iced tea (not sweet tea), to say I drink a gallon of it a day is pretty close to being accurate. I just don't know I will be able to function without it. I suppose if that is the biggest challenge I've got, I should consider myself lucky, but this does affect every aspect of my life, as I always have an iced tea in hand.

I am scheduled to be banded on Sept 7th... I CANNOT WAIT! My pre-op testing is Aug 31st.... and my liquids begin~! We are taking a short vacation during that following weekend, so I was hoping the distration of not being at home would help with the liquids~! Any suggestions for what everyone is going to use or drink for thier diet?

I would love to keep in touch and see progress of those who were banded around the same time!~

My BMI is 33% . I have 85lbs to lose!!!!! I hope by summer I will feel like pretty again! :)

GOOD LUCK ALL!

I plan to drink EAS AdvantEDGE Low Carb shakes. I start my pre-op diet August 25.

I am scheduled to be banded on Sept 7th... I CANNOT WAIT! My pre-op testing is Aug 31st.... and my liquids begin~! We are taking a short vacation during that following weekend, so I was hoping the distration of not being at home would help with the liquids~! Any suggestions for what everyone is going to use or drink for thier diet?

I would love to keep in touch and see progress of those who were banded around the same time!~

My BMI is 33% . I have 85lbs to lose!!!!! I hope by summer I will feel like pretty again! :)

GOOD LUCK ALL!

I'm getting banded on September 6th, I start my preop diet on the 23rd. I am also on the high Protein, low carb diet.

I have my surgery on Sept 6th as well...I am confuse on when I start the pre-op diet is it today because that will be 14 days on liquids because after 12:00 am on Tuesday we can not eat.

I'm getting banded sept 22. My preop diet is low carb x 2 wks. So excited !

We are getting banded on the same day. I will do my pre-op testing on Sept. 14 and start my pre-op diet Sept.15. I'm soooo excited!!!!!!

I'm getting banded *hopefully* by September 9th. Originally my insurance had requested 3 months of consecutive supervised weight loss to cover the surgery, so I got all my paper work ready and applied, only to find out that during the process they had changed their rules from 3 to 6 months. My papers weren't submitted in time for this new deadline (which I nor my hospital/weight management center was alerted about by my insurance), and even with my doctor going crazy on the phone asking the medical director of BSBS to give me a break, they wouldn't nudge. So 6 months later, here I am, I did my supervised requirement with the hospital I'm doing my surgery at. I applied as soon as I was qualified, so I won't be able to find out if I'm in the clear for surgery or not by Wednesday or Thursday. Seeing as that I have to start my liquids on Friday, time is of the essence. The funny thing is they took forever to give me an answer the first time around, I had actually done my liquids for 5 days AND my pre surgical testing (still paying that off :)) thinking I was good to go and going to have my surgery, until they told me they had magically changed the requirements. Ughhh...I'm such a ball of nerves right now lol, that answer can't come soon enough.

I have my surgery date of September 8, 2011. Last weekend I went down for a sleep study, and my EGD. I still have to meet with a primary physician to get cleared for surgery, and on Thursday I'll be starting a two week, all liquid diet. I'm really not looking forward to that.