Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so my PA says to me that I need to start watching my carbs. And, honestly, the only way I'm going to get myself under control is if I start living off of Lean Cusine or Smart One meals....I just know me.

What are too many carbs? I'm looking for meals that are above 15 grams of Protein so I can have a yogurt or something to get my 20 grams in per meal like she suggested, but my carbs with these meals are about 30-50 grams.....isn't that too high? If I have one for lunch and one for dinner lets just say I have to higher carb ones and I'm up to 100 grams of carbs? That is just for those two meals and doesn't include the yogurt or extra stuff to make up the Protein amount I need/required to have.

I feel like I'm just going to back to my old roller coaster diets at which point I lived on WW and SO meals, here I am again.

Anyhow, enough whining, just do it.....what are the suggested grams of carbs that you have? I'm NOT a bread eater but I do like my Pasta and potatoes...guess that is my problem

Thanks everyone.

Staci

I am on a VERY carb restricted diet per my surgeon. The only carbs I eat are in my chicken, fish, dairy, vegetables, and very limited fruits. Everything I eat is freshly made. The problem with the packaged meals is that they will always have way too many carbs. I have a Protein shake for Breakfast (0 carb Designer whey Protein Powder), chicken breast or fish for lunch, fish, veggie, and fruit for dinner, and Protein Water for snack( 0 carb).Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone...GREAT tips and suggestions that I can put to good use. I'm not a bread freak but love potatoes and Pasta so I'll have to work on that. I totally forgot about the "fake tater" recipe with the cauliflower....gotta do that one again.

Thanks again...you guys rock

When you say that "you can only eat as much as your band will let you!" - - - that is part of my issue too....my band is not helping in that area at all....I could eat a pre-bander portion, but I ..not my band..force myself to stop with my measured portion (hence I am then again hungry in 2 hours). THis is where part of my frustration comes in and then my PA tells me that there is no such thing as a Sweet Spot...the band doesn't do that. *Grrrr*

I am curious what your PA feels the lapband is for, what it does. I was of the understanding that the lapband helps control your appetite, and allow you to eat smaller portions and stay satisfied. I mean, yes, you still have to watch what you eat, but the band should make this easier, which is why it is a tool that we have chosen to utilize.

I am curious what your PA feels the lapband is for, what it does. I was of the understanding that the lapband helps control your appetite, and allow you to eat smaller portions and stay satisfied. I mean, yes, you still have to watch what you eat, but the band should make this easier, which is why it is a tool that we have chosen to utilize.

I KNOW....that is my question. This is why I'm frustrated and confused as to what my "tool" is supposed to do for me. According to what thie PA is telling me, I'm on a self-control diet of high Protein and low carb and exercise. I get that but I could have done that without surgery because my band isn't really doing anything for me hunger/satisfaction wise. I don't get "satisfied" that I can walk away from the table saying "ahhh, I'm done" - - no I leave the table by saying "that was my measured portion, walk away" - - - only to be hungry in 2 or 3 hours. I'm working on it but I'm frustrated.

Dreamfields Pasta is one of the best inventions in the past century. I rarely eat pasta, but when I do it's the only one I'll eat and recommend it to any diabetic or person on a carb restricted diet. There is simply no difference in taste unless of coourse you think it's BETTER than your usual pasta.

Dreamfields Pasta is one of the best inventions in the past century. I rarely eat Pasta, but when I do it's the only one I'll eat and recommend it to any diabetic or person on a carb restricted diet. There is simply no difference in taste unless of coourse you think it's BETTER than your usual pasta.

Gonna try it! I've tried sneaking in the spaghetti squash and that didn't fly with the rest of the family.....but perhaps I can sneak this one in.. Thanks

If you are getting hungry after 2 or 3 hours you probably need a fill. See the posting about the green zone. I get a little hungry every 4 to 5 hours. Which is a change from never getting hungry because I stuffed my face all the time.

I KNOW....that is my question. This is why I'm frustrated and confused as to what my "tool" is supposed to do for me. According to what thie PA is telling me, I'm on a self-control diet of high Protein and low carb and exercise. I get that but I could have done that without surgery because my band isn't really doing anything for me hunger/satisfaction wise. I don't get "satisfied" that I can walk away from the table saying "ahhh, I'm done" - - no I leave the table by saying "that was my measured portion, walk away" - - - only to be hungry in 2 or 3 hours. I'm working on it but I'm frustrated.

Cut your Pasta intake by 1/2 and ditch the frozen dinners. Exercise at least 3-5 times a week and see if the weight comes off. Do you have a fill? Is the PA refusing to fill your band because he thinks your eating too many carbs? Do something different with your diet and try to get another fill and see if it helps.

Until you have everything under control, have you tried weighing, measuring, and journaling everything you eat? The 'portions' I see on my plate are not always the portion size that I am supposed to be consuming. I think my eyes get bigger or else I "forget" that taste of this or bite of that as counting towards my caloric/carb intake. Try going back to writing down everythng you eat for a week and see if that does not help. I know it is boring and hard to do, but it is also effective.