Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in June, just found out that I'm pregnant

I just found out that I'm pregnant this morning! AAAGH! I almost don't know what to do, I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant. I am so glad that this section of the forum exists, I think I'll be spending a lot of time here.

I was banded June 8th. I've lost 77 pounds since my pre-op diet starting in late April.

rozie! I am so happy for you! my surgeon basically told me that he didn't care when I got pregnant, as long as he, myself and my ob/gyn felt that I was healthy enough to have the baby it was ooooookay by him. It didn't matter if it was 1 month or 1 year :)

I just found out that I'm pregnant this morning! AAAGH! I almost don't know what to do, I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant. I am so glad that this section of the forum exists, I think I'll be spending a lot of time here.

I was banded June 8th. I've lost 77 pounds since my pre-op diet starting in late April.

Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck! I'm very curious about pregnancy after the band... I want to keep watching this subject and see what else people have to say about it....

rozie! I am so happy for you! my surgeon basically told me that he didn't care when I got pregnant, as long as he, myself and my ob/gyn felt that I was healthy enough to have the baby it was ooooookay by him. It didn't matter if it was 1 month or 1 year :)

That is such a relief to hear. I am about. 5months post op My docs put so much fear in me about it that it effects mine and my fiance's sex life now in a negative way. I won't panic about it so much now, thank you.

Hello everyone! I have been busy, so I haven't had much chance to post on the board! Phew! Anyhoo, I am going to see my surgeon this Friday, I have an appointment. He says that what he's going to do is unfill the 2cc's that he put in my band to begin with, and that after my pregnancy is over, he will start doing fills again. He says that everything should be fine, and that he, I and my nutritionist will discuss special Vitamins and nutritional needs,

which I'll of course share with everyone here.

I also got my due date, April 17, 2011!! Which means I'm just about 5 weeks.

The only real concern is my hypothyroidism, I have to take some special Vitamins, currently, over the phone, my GP has told me to take a selenium supplement, as it will help prevent developmental problems.

Also, I'm still losing weight! Doctor said that's probably going to be normal for at least a little while.

Rozie,

I love your baby ticker!!!

Aww, thanks :D

Hello everyone! I have been busy, so I haven't had much chance to post on the board! Phew! Anyhoo, I am going to see my surgeon this Friday, I have an appointment. He says that what he's going to do is unfill the 2cc's that he put in my band to begin with, and that after my pregnancy is over, he will start doing fills again. He says that everything should be fine, and that he, I and my nutritionist will discuss special Vitamins and nutritional needs,

which I'll of course share with everyone here.

I also got my due date, April 17, 2011!! Which means I'm just about 5 weeks.

The only real concern is my hypothyroidism, I have to take some special Vitamins, currently, over the phone, my GP has told me to take a selenium supplement, as it will help prevent developmental problems.

Hey! congrats on getting pregnant! I got pregnant (on accident) a little over a year after i got my band. I had lost a little over 100 pounds at that point. My surgeon unfilled my band

at 11 weeks and everything has gone extremely well since. My due date is next week and i cant wait to have my baby girl here!!!

At your ultrasound you they can see your port if you ask them too! Its kinda cool. Because of where mine is, you can really feel it if you touch my belly. people always ask if its her foot.

Good luck with everything and if you ever wanna chat hit me up! :]

That is such a relief to hear. I am about. 5months post op My docs put so much fear in me about it that it effects mine and my fiance's sex life now in a negative way. I won't panic about it so much now, thank you.

Hey, i just wanted to say, the reason i chose lapband out of the other surgeries out there was because my doctor told me that i could have a perfectly normal and heallthy pregnancy without worries from my surgery if i did lapband. So far thats been true for me. You shouldnt let your doctors scare you, thats not fair. My surgeon has been supportive from day one about my ability to get pregnant and have babies. (This pregnancy was not planned i would have waited a little longer haha but whatever) If i were you, i would not let fear about something i chose to make my life better impact things like my sex life. If you get pregnant you get pregnant and be glad you are. If you doctors scare you about that, i'd be tempted to switch. Being pregnant at any point in my opinion is a wonderful joyous thing and should always be thought of as such no matter the circumstances. If you want to be pregnant now or ever in the future i wish you the best of luck!!!!

-Emily

Aww, thanks :D

Hey! I just wanted to say congrats!!! One of the big reasons I got the surgery was so I could conceive in the future so I love hearing stories about successful pregnancies with lap band! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and helps me stick small goals to reach the BIG one! :lol:

Congrats. I got pregnant with my band baby 4 months after being banded. I ended up having some of my Fluid taken out at 15 weeks. But it was a great pregnancy. The only thing I freaked out about was gaining weight. I ended up gaining 30 pounds, but have since lost all of that plus much more.

Hey! congrats on getting pregnant! I got pregnant (on accident) a little over a year after i got my band. I had lost a little over 100 pounds at that point. My surgeon unfilled my band

at 11 weeks and everything has gone extremely well since. My due date is next week and i cant wait to have my baby girl here!!!

At your ultrasound you they can see your port if you ask them too! Its kinda cool. Because of where mine is, you can really feel it if you touch my belly. people always ask if its her foot.

Good luck with everything and if you ever wanna chat hit me up! :]

Thank you so much! It's so exciting!!!

So anyhoo, an update. I'm down in California, and I saw my surgeon today. There is only 2cc's in my band and I haven't even gotten my first fill yet. He has decided to just leave my band as is, and if I end up having problems with nausea, I can come back down and he'll do an unfill.

I also had an HCG test to see how well my levels are doing, and they were 205, so I'm right where I need to be for being pregnant for 5 weeks and 3 days!

Getting excited :)

My parents have even planned a party to Celebrate with our family and extended family!!

Hey! I just wanted to say congrats!!! One of the big reasons I got the surgery was so I could conceive in the future so I love hearing stories about successful pregnancies with lap band! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and helps me stick small goals to reach the BIG one! :lol:

Well, my dear, it's definitely possible!! You can do it :D Also, my surgeon said I'm the second one who got banded in June from his office that's pregnant!! Pretty cool. Good luck to you in the future when you start trying for your little one :)

Hey rozie, I'm due one day after you! 4/18/12

Its so weird switching gears from losing weight to being pregnant.

I wish you a healthy pregnancy!