Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone drink a lot of liquid at meals to get things like bread down?

I have lost 65 pounds so far, and six months in I hadn't had a fill. Now after my fill, I end up drinking a lot of liquid to be able to tolerate any kind of bread. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it hard for you to loose weight do to this because you end up flushing some of the food through and being hungry faster? I don't feel that hungry but I am a little worried about this.

Not sure how long you've been banded...but, my experience has taught me that even a small SIP during a meal will delete the meal!

After the band, you no longer can truly successfully drink with your food. If your surgeon hasn't told you....no liquids 30 mins prior to and no liquids 45-an hour after. With the band, you have a small openeing.

You will find that liquid causes your tummy and esophagus to create more liquid. It only has one place to go...UP AND OUT!

So, experiment with drinking during meals, but be sure you're close to a rr...for a quick run!

I was banded March, 09.

Congrats on your weight loss! I don't think you're going to flush food through! I think you're going to flush food OUT!

I have lost 65 pounds so far, and six months in I hadn't had a fill. Now after my fill, I end up drinking a lot of liquid to be able to tolerate any kind of bread. Does this happen to anyone else? Is it hard for you to loose weight do to this because you end up flushing some of the food through and being hungry faster? I don't feel that hungry but I am a little worried about this.

you shouldnt be eating bread at all,because it will get stuck,it will definatley get stuck if you try to flush it down because liquids will make it swell

I am also around 60+ pounds down....and that was my "brilliant" idea. However it didnt work quite the way i intended it. I ate the bread...felt a little stuck....drank some ater. I swear that the Water turned that bread into concrete! lol! Since then, bread just hasnt been quite as appealing. I have been at the same weight give or take 2 pounds for months now. I am now getting back to the basics...starting with the 5 day pouch test. I am staying full just like i am suposed to. So that is a good thing....now if i can just stay away from the junk food. All the working out that i have been doing is just allowing me to mainatin my weight and eat the junk. Darn sweet tooth!

Good luck to you!

starting with the 5 day pouch test. I am staying full just like i am suposed to. So that is a good thing....now if i can just stay away from the junk food.

What is the 5 day pouch test?

Lisa in NYC

I can not eat bread at all....I have learned not to even try. I am 3 1/2 months out and have lost 45 Lbs. I have only had 1 fill at 1cc.......I have also figured out that just because I might be able to eat something at one point it always changes and then I am not able to tolerate it another time. But, bread is a big no no for me.....