Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you use Wii to exercise?

I just bought a used Wii Fit (with the balance board) and I'm looking for some fun exercise games. I saw there are some walking programs, does anyone have favorites? I'm just starting working out so the Jillian one probably isn't for me ;)

Thanks!

Amy

I love using the WII for exercise. I workout with a heart rate monitor so I can easily tell when I am in the right "workout zone." You need to be careful to really work though. In some of the games (like tennis) it is easy to just flick your wrist to play instead of using your whole body or major muscles to move. I do have a number of games that I like.

The basic WII Fit generally comes with the hula hoop exercise which is fun...and also boxing. You can really work up a sweat with the boxing one. My favorite game pack is the WII Sports. I love the tennis (but you need to move) and the boxing in that one is more advanced and you can really get a workout. Things like golf and baseball are fun, but did nothing for me exercise wise.

I do have a walking one and a dancing one that I like (with the drapes closed ;-). I haven't used those in a while but will check and get the names for you.

Great Question Amy (I'm a July Bandster as well) - Hope you're doing better. I wanted to use my kids' Wii as well. I heard a good beginning point could be some of the dance games including the Michael Jackson game. I'd be interested in the responses you get.

May

I use the WII and my favorite is the one with the hula hoop thing so why don't you try that you mi9ght like it too.,

thanks everyone! So far I games I have are Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. I got them used. I also ordered a walking game, "Walk It Out." It is a family type game. It was on Amazon for $19.99 new. I'm looking forward to getting that one. Also got a balance board cover and a storage bag (for a buck!) to put the board in. I'm set and ready to go....now I'm just missing the energy part....LOL

Amy

I use Gold's Gym Dance Workout for my Wii. Got it brand new at GameStop for $19.99. LOVE IT! I think it helps me with Zumba, too, since alot of the moves are similar.

Good luck, everyone!

I use WII fit plus

I also have all the games listed above with the addition of Golds Gym Cardio workout which is boxing and soooo awesome! lol also have Just Dance 1 and 2 and Dance on Broadway. MY favorite game is Just Dance 2. I Love to dance. lol can't wait till they come out with the part 3. And on the Just Dance 2 game there's an option called "Just Sweat" for exercise where u can weekly tell them how hard u want to work out. And it tracks your "Sweat" levels and intensity. Thats a great game to try.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE just dance 1 and 2 and the micheal jacskon experience.....can't wait for just dance 3....the kids and I can do it together!!

did wii fit and plus, but when I forget to come back after playing my dancing games, it yells at you!!!! LOL that and the "OH" when you weigh on the board.....LMAO!

Jodie,

I hear ya! I wrote a whole blog about the Wii B*tch and the disappointed sounds she makes! LOL. I'm going to buy a dance game - which one do you like better, the 1 or 2?

Amy

did wii fit and plus, but when I forget to come back after playing my dancing games, it yells at you!!!! LOL that and the "OH" when you weigh on the board.....LMAO!

oh, forgot to mention, the game, "Walk it Out" can also be used on fitness mat! I think I'm going to order one - I'll wait until I get the game in the mail, but I'm thinking that it would be better for my joints. I really want to drop 50 lbs total before any "serious" exercise. That's 15 lbs more. I think I should stick with walking to start, but soon....I'm gunna be dancin and making a fool of myself! :)

I have the Wii Active game. Honestly, I have had it for over a year now and just broke it out last night. A great workout. My legs are killing me today (a million squats!). I'm going to try the 30 Day challenge they have on it.

The EA Sports Active and Active II are both great workouts.

I use Wii too. I warm up with the advanced step class. I love the hoola hoop and bike ride. I do that for 30 min. Then I put in Wii Zumba. That gives me a good work out for the next 30 min. I would not trade my Wii for anything.