Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throwing up everything!

I got banded in November 2010 and have only lost about 15lbs so far. Everytime I get a fill about 5 weeks later I'll get to the point where I can't hold anything down including Water, broth, ice, nothing! This is the third time this has happened and I'm only at 1cc. 1cc!!!! The most I have been up to is 2cc's. The last time my doctor unfilled me and then waited 6 weeks to fill me again. I have an appointment for another fill on Tuesday but obviously that isn't going to happen. I think I'm going to have him unfill me again and give me some tests to see what the problem is. The last time this happened I was sliming, throwing up foam, and throwing up bile. NOT FUN! Has anyone else been thru this or can someone tell me what you think this might be? Slipped band? Eroded band? HELP!

Any tips on getting thru the weekend? I can't even sleep because every time I do the sliming starts.

I lived through something similar and had a slip and a hiatal hernia and I believe my band was never positioned correctly. Corrective surgery (revision) has helped immensley.

Good luck,

Mimi

Thanks Mimi! I'm definitely going to demand some answers. It seems like he doesn't want to really investigate the issue and I refuse to live like this.

Are you hungry between meals?

You could be like me where a very very small fill was just right. For me it was 1.5 cc.

To be sure ask your Dr to do - under fluoroscopy - a full removal of all Fluid, measure it, do a barium swallow, add Fluid 0.1 cc at a time and swallow between each 0.1 cc. That will tell you how your band is placed, where it sits, how fluid moves when your band is empty, how fluid moves when you add a bit of fluid to the band.

That should give you a full baseline.

And as for a fill ... try going without for a month and monitor your food and hunger levels then go in for 0.25 cc and see how that does for another 2 months. Then if you are hungry between 2-3 hours after eating go get another 0.25 cc and wait 2 months.

Some people need 9 cc some people need 0.25 cc. Don't judge your fills by anyone else.

I thought I should have 5-8 cc, I only needed a single fill of 1.5 cc.

Wow! Thanks Acadia! That sounds like exactly what I need to do, and yes I am hungry between meals. I'm convinced my band has slipped up. This only happens after several weeks of having the fill, it's not an immediate thing. My doctor always brushes me off but this time I'm going to make him do what I want him to do. Not taking no for an answer.