Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hey guys

WOW Dancer you look great! I have been wondering where everyone is?!?!? Has JanetC abandoned us? I know life gets in the way..it does for me all the time. I am stuck at 166..not complaining...just stuck! It is frustrating to loose so fast and then be stuck here for weeks! UGH! Hope everyone is doing wonerful!

hi everyone,

life is very busy.

hope everyone's summer is going well. i challenge everyone to exercise

everyday this summer if you can. remember the scale may not always

reflect your efforts but the inches will start to melt away. so don't get

discouraged. drink, drink, & drink a lot more. it has been 104-108 here this week in bakersfield, ca. Water is very important. god bless, p.j.

last measured wt loss:- 40 lbs as of 6/7/06 4 months post op

Hi Everyone,

I was on vacation when my 4 month anniversary hit. I was so worried about not hitting 40 lbs. My scale broke a few days before we were scheduled to leave - so I just kept hoping my weight was still going down. Anyways - I got home on the 18th - 3 days after & weighed myself - I was at 41lbs. !!! Yea - made my 1st big goal. I kept on thinking this is going to work.

I was hoping to get in the 230's this week. This moring I weighed myself - it said 235 - I was thinking that I am doing something wrong - that was too much of a weight loss since last week - so I weighed myself again - still 235 !!! :eek: WOW - I am so happy only 6lbs from my lowest weight in 15yrs.

What a great Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well. JanetC - by band partner - hope you are doing wel.

Diane

2/15/06

282/235/150

I had a barium swallow today (for the past 3 weeks I've felt like I have something stuck in my throat) and I'm wondering how many calories barium has!!!

Hello all!

It looks like everyone is doing great!

Diane - way to go on meeting your goal!

Things are good here...down a half pound this week. A little disappointed, but I have not be trying at all. Still walking 5 days a week....just gotta get better with my food!

Hope you all have a great day!

You must slow down when you eat, you must slow down when you eat!

How many times to I have to PB before I learn this! UGH!:faint:

Hey guys...I have had a great week I have lost alot this week...and am very pumped! I want to lose 20 pounds before my highschool reunion in August..on the 19th!

I got banded on 02/02/06 by Dr. Amy Martin in Richmond, VA. I've lost 30 pounds so far. My 1st fill was on 05/17/06 and I'm getting my 2nd fill on 07/12/06.

I got banded on 02/02/06 by Dr. Amy Martin in Richmond, VA. I've lost 30 pounds so far. My 1st fill was on 05/17/06 and I'm getting my 2nd fill on 07/12/06.

Oh yeah! I have a 4cc band. :)

I am finally feeling restriction. It's a couple weeks after my 3rd fill. It's a good thing. Is anyone else reaching that "end of honeymoon" period where it's really hard not to go back to your old habits? I'm hanging in there and trying to get a new wind. I'm aslo changing some supplements and meds. to hopefully help with the energy. I was low on magnesium and B12, and had hormones flying all over. I'm so happy so far. I want to get back to the excitement. Today I packed up a huge box of clothes to give away that I vow I will never fit in again. It really did help.

Hi SRaeM this is cozzie

I would just like to say how well you have done it such a short time. I feel like you that I am sliping back to my old ways as I am opting for crisps and dips and chocolate which I seem to be able to eat alot of. Also like you I have throw all my larger clothes out. I feel good now but really I have to think of the larger picture and I carry on to get to where I wanted to go - so good luck to all of us and have a nice weekend

Cozzie, Me too! Last weekend we went to visit friends 2hrs. away, it was the first time we'd all spent time together since I had surgery. I was a good girl Fri. night and all day Sat., then we did what we always do....We made dips and got out chips and crackers and cheeses to munch on while cooking dinner. I never ate dinner, I muched on the pre-dinner goodies until bedtime...and never got "full". It was wild because I get full pretty quick most of the time, I have to eat very slowly and chew, chew, chew...Which I suppose I did Sat. night, but not getting the "stop" signal was new for me.

Anyway, I've given way clothing as it becomes too big, but I'm ready to be in tiny things...please!

Ok.....so I havent been on here since March...wow how time flies...I have been really busy packing for an upcoming move ...and vacationing half way around the world.

I decided to check in and see how everyone is doing.....the last time I posted on here I had only lost 12lbs. I have had two fills....the last one really kicked things off for me. It isnt easy adjusting to the absence of food, but I am getting more and more used to it. I really have enjoyed fitting into clothes I havent worn in years, that is definitely a bonus.

Everyone is finally starting to notice that I have lost weight...it only took 40lbs for that to happen. Even one of my patients husbands whom I hadnt seen in 6 weeks commented on how great I was looking.

I realize too much time has gone by for me to even think about catching up where I left off....but I will try to check back in more frequently.

Hey guys...wow everyone is doing so well!!! Well....I have lost 50 pounds and I have like 35 more to go. I will be jumping for joy if I lose 20 more but 35 would be awesome! I am doing really well with the change now...after I realized that I can't eat bread. I have tried to eat it and it makes me choke and throw up everytime...I FINALLY HAVE COME TO TERMS....NO MORE BREAD!!!!!! Now everything is good...and I am ok with it. I still get carbs..from potatoes and rice, but no gooy bread that I loved so much!!! Keep up the good work everyone!

Hey Fellow Feb Bandsters!

I'm baaaack! I've been doing pretty well, although I've had some ups and downs for sure. Had my second fill May 15 and it has been very tight. Got a small unfill and I have very good restriction.

My band is VERY fickle. One day I'm PB'ing on liquids and another day I'm able to eat and eat and eat.

I'm finding the "honeymoon's over" syndrome hitting me a bit too. I'm bored with eating the same old things, but I actually find I have very few foods that I can eat more than 3-4 bites of comfortably.

Surprisingly, I had one very small piece of pizza last week (first time trying that) and I did pretty well with it. I ate like 2 bites with crust and the remainder of toppings only. I couldn't eat much, but it sure was good.

I had hoped to eat a hamburger for my birthday dinner. But, for whatever reason, burgers don't go down well...even meat only!

I actually ate a tiny piece of steak twice...the pieces were about 1" X 2" and about 30 pieces, but I got it down no problem.

I do NOT eat bread AT ALL (minus the one pizza slice!).

I eat WAY TOO MUCH in "junk" food...crackers, cheetos, fritos, cream cheese/crackers, but that stuff just goes down well with no vomiting or PB'ing or chest pain!!

Scrambled eggs are not going down as well as they once did. I can eat refried Beans. I CANNOT eat corn on the cob. I CANNOT eat rice.

I'm getting to the point that I only eat crabmeat, shrimp (although since my last fill/unfill, I can only eat 3-4 and I'm done!), tuna, cheese grits, crackers, cheetos, fritos, coffee, watermelon and salad. I love those foods, but I miss eating a "regular" meal from time to time.

Chinese food almost ALWAYS makes me throw up since my last fill. I can eat the inside of about a 1/3 to 1/2 of a burrito with refried beans. I can't eat sandwiches of any kind. I can eat Soup of almost any kind.

I MISS MEAT. I MISS HAMBURGER PATTIES. I MISS SHRIMP.

I throw up still every few days or so...the food just sits there and I slime and then it comes back up and I feel better. I just worry about the "damage" it could do to my band. (and my teeth, etc. from vomiting!) I almost feel anorexic/bulimic - how weird is that????

I really feel awkward when I go out to eat. I try to get just an appetizer, but many of them are things I can't eat...wings, potato skins, potstickers, etc....I can usually eat stuffed mushrooms or fried cheese, but I have to make that my entire meal, which seems a little odd--no veggies or meat or salad with it....just cheese???!!!

I think I have quite a bit of restriction, but I feel I'm getting "hungrier" because of not having a more varied diet. Do you think that's just part of the "banded life" adjustment or is it a behavioral thing (longing for bygone food friends??) or what? Obviously if I'm PB'ing often, I'm pretty restricted; yet I'm hungrier than I've been in over a month!!

I have to admit, I haven't gotten on the "exercise as a lifestyle" bandwagon yet. I am more active and I WANT to do more, but I just HATE exercising!!! I admit it...I will NEVER be one who says "I just don't feel right if I don't start out my day with a brisk workout"...it just WILL NOT HAPPEN.

We have been having a LOT of rain here in SE Texas, and it's hot, hot, hot....maybe I just have a small case of rainy day blues. My knees have been bothering me more than usual for the last 2 weeks or so, which is unusual (since my knee replacement surgery), so maybe it's just a little minor "funk" that I will come out of when the weather clears!!

Hope all are doing well. My loss is still hanging at the 35 pounds mark. But, I have noone to blame but myself. Although I don't write in as much, I'm still reading about everyone's progress.

Where IS Janet?? What about Julie...are you out there?

Looking forward to reading your posts when you can, Feb bandsters.

Nanster