Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2006 bandsters unite!!

Hi everyone!

Wow, you all must be as busy as I have been! Work has been crazy and my boss is back in town tomorrow until the end of the week.

Got down to an all new low and have bounced up a 1/2 pound from there. I think this is my body's new thing...loose a bunch, bounce up a bit and then stall. I am working hard to keep track of my food intake and to make sure I keep walking!

I would swear I need another fill, but just as the thought enters my head, I eat something and it gets STUCK....guess I don't need another fill!

How is everyone??? I miss hearing from everyone!

Hi All!!

Got back from the doctor's office about an hour ago. Had a SMALL unfill (about 0.2cc) and hope it will be just enough to help me eat, but not enough to stall my weight loss.

YEAH!!! According to the doctor's scales, I've actually lost MORE than I thought from my scales at home...a total of 34 pounds!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

My original fill was 1.5cc; they said only 0.9 was left at my 2nd fill. That fill was 1.4cc - I've kept all of it and that was slightly too restricted. Today she removed 0.2, so I'm at 1.2cc now. I had grits for supper, as I'm supposed to stay on mushies for 24 hours, so I'll be able to report back after that whether I'm TRULY able to eat a meal.

Tips given to me today at my appointment: 1) Do not eat for longer than 30 minutes - if you do, you're GRAZING; you need to eat a meal. 2) almost ALL bandsters keep cheetos on hand for emergencies--either can't eat other stuff or just have a dire need for crunch. 3) The "pain" that some people feel around their port is SMALL adhesions (which is normal) and, as you exercise, lose weight, get a fill/unfill, etc., it "adjusts" slightly to your "new anatomy" so you feel a little "pull". (She said to expect it quite a bit when first starting to exercise!)

I guess those are all the tidbits I got from today's visit. I'll report over the next few days whether I can actually eat a (small) "meal" with my 0.2cc unfill.

Thanks for your support, guys! YOU ROCK!!

Nanster:D

Good morning everybody!

Nanster - I hope you are feeling better now and that the unfil works out! Thanks for the tips from your dr! I have been having a terrible time with my port...but I just extended my evening work out...good to know!

Have a good day everyone!

Hi all,

Well, today I ate a 1/2order of burrito/refried Beans for lunch today...very full, but NO slimes, NO PB's and NO chest pain. Yeah...maybe this will be the sweet spot for me...1.2cc.

Dancer...I've noticed just today that my port is "pulling" a little after having it "messed with" yesterday at the unfill. I suppose it readjusts with any changes in that area...exercise, weight gain, weight loss, snug clothing on top of the area, etc. so it kinda makes sense that you'd be having lots as you increase your workout routine!! Way to go!! At least now, you won't have to "worry" about that little "TUG" from time to time.

(P.S., the lady that did my unfill said she speculates that its related to increases in body temp...take it or leave it!)

No cheetos needed today...or crackers! Just a nice, nourishing, satisfying 1/2 order of Mexican fare!!! It has been a good day!!!

Nanster

You all helped me with the burping by explaining what I was doing wrong and how to correct it. Now I have a new problem. After I eat I feel this lump in my throat that won't go away. I don't have to burp. It's just annoying and a little painful. This has started since my second fill two weeks ago tomorrow. I can avoid it by eating 4 ounces of Soup, but if I try any thing else I have it. What is it? How do I avoid it? It's like a golf ball in my throat even if I drink liquids nothing seems to ease it.

Pat

Way to go Nanster! Hopefully you found your sweet spot!

Has anyone noticed that you will loose a bunch over a couple of weeks and then nothing for a couple of weeks? It is very frustrating and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything like this....:faint:

Michelle-

Yes, that is exactly what is happening to me too. It's great on the weeks that I drop weight but it sure stinks to wait for those weeks.

Nanster: Fingers crossed that you found your sweet spot.

Pat: Do you think you're eating too much and the food is too far up in your esophagus? I know if I eat too much I feel like food is just sitting there and it doesn't feel good at all.

Julie, that must be what it is. It just takes it forever for that lump to go down. Guess I'll go back on liquids like Soup and see if I can get rid of it. I measure the 4 oz. of soup to make sure I don't over eat.

Pat

Pat - I get that sometimes too...It usually happens if I have eaten too fast. Some days my band is really picky and if I eat even the slightest bit too fast it backs up so to speak!

Dancer,

Thanks. I do tend to eat too fast. I'll try to slow down, but it's hard when you're hungry. Sigh! I'll let you know if this helps.

Pat

Pat - Good luck...I know how hard it is...Just had the worst PB experience of my life on Monday night b/c I ate to fast....I really wanted/thought that I might die!

Hey gang, It's hard not to start eating to fast at the begining of the meal because I get Sooo hungry, then I PB, then I don't want to eat but I'm still hungry. I've lost 3 lbs. since my fill Sat.... I am nothing if not persistant, I have discovered that I can eat 100 calorie packages of Sandies and they stay down, that said there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what I can or cannot hold down.

Crazy question...what is the total amount of food that we should be eating right now? 1 cup, 2 cups, less?????

Anyone know?

Hi Everyone~

Just giving us a bump... hopefully we're all out exercising and don't have time to check in.

Michelle: I don't really measure my food- I just try to stop when I feel that first sign of fullness before it is a "hard" stop.

I eat about a cup of food at each sitting. sometimes I eat more...sometimes i eat less. I lose a bunch one week, and then don't for like a week or 2.....I read someone else did that....it sucks! I am proud of my weightloss though...I am happy with it. not complaining...well ok a little..i jsut hate losing and then all of a sudden not losing. ugh....hope veryone is having a good week!