Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eat anything.

I just got my first fill if 4cc. I still.feel like I can eat anything. A turkey sandwich on wheat bread is like nothing. I'm hungry 2 hours later. Is this normal? Is it via I need to get more into my band? Any help would be good.

When did you get the fill? My PA always tells me that fills sometimes take 1-2 weeks to fully kick in. Wait a couple weeks and if you still feel no difference, you may need another adjustment.

I just got my first fill if 4cc. I still.feel like I can eat anything. A turkey sandwich on wheat bread is like nothing. I'm hungry 2 hours later. Is this normal? Is it via I need to get more into my band? Any help would be good.

Slow down and give your new band time to get in sync with your body. Your mind is exploring ways to use the band to help you. Reaching out, asking questions that all part of your emotional lapband growth. I really did not realize the patience and growth needed to use the lapband properly and I still am learning. Getting perspective is very helpful. I have noticed on the boards a lot of the people with lapbands are very satisfied and where they want to be in about a year. After your meal ask yourself 2 hours later...could I really be hungary or is something else happening. Drinking Water, divering your mind can help. These are ideas I use and I hope they help you. Stay curious and excited as I think we are on to a good thing it is just not instant!

I'm a little confused, even if a "non-banded" person ate a turkey sandwich, that is very filling for a "regular" size stomach, so Y r you hungry 2 hrs later?? I just don't get it. It just seems like that should be filling for a regular person banded or not so y is this not filling you?

I don't know,how in the world would I know the reason to why something isn't filling

I'm recently banded as well and my 1st fill was also 4cc to make mine a total of 5cc, my MD informed me that I might not see a big difference in my feelings of hunger, she told me not to feel bad but just to try and stay on track and eat healthy meals. The reason I say this is cause I told her that I didn't feel much of a difference and she told me that I might not. While I'm not hunger 2 hours after I eat , I feel that I'm able to get more than than 1 cup. I say just stick with it and try to drink you Water, that's what I'm doing and good luck!

I'm up to 5 cc's in my band and feel the same way. I eat my Protein first and veggies and I'm hungry within two hours. Frustrated. My PA says I need to get my carb count WAY WAY down. Maybe look into that? I'm trying and it has been 3 days and I'm miserable w/o my carbs but everyone tells me it is like a drug and I have to get it out of my system and I'll start to feel better. I'm not a big bread eater, but liked a baked potato or Pasta. I'm trying. See what your carbs are and maybe that will help?

Depending on the size of your band, 4cc isn't all that much, so you may not notice any difference just yet. I have a 14cc band, and didn't start feeling any kind of restriction until I was around 7cc. In fact, they put in 3.2cc just during my surgery, and I got 2cc in my first fill. It made zero difference. I'm currently at 9cc in my band, and I'm at exactly the right place. but everyone is different, and your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Dave

Thank-you. Yea I'm at a 14cc and only have 4 in right now, my next fill is in two weeks

Thank-you. Yea I'm at a 14cc and only have 4 in right now, my next fill is in two weeks

Keep in mind the band won't stop you from overeating, regardless of your fill level. The point of fills is to help the band put pressure on the vagus nerve when you eat, which helps to dim your appetite. When you've eaten a proper bandster portion meal and step away from the table, you should feel satiated with the amount of food you ate at that meal. In ten or twenty minutes, you should not be hungry at all. The key is having enough fill to retain that feeling of no hunger for several hours. Some folks make the mistake of thinking the band is supposed to prevent them from eating. It won't do that.

The other point is to examine what you're eating. The optimum (according to my fill PA) is to have ten percent of daily calories be grams of Protein. That is to say, if you are consuming 900 calories a day, then you should shoot for 90g of Protein within that 900 calorie amount. Your carbs should be lower than your protein grams, with fat and sugar even lower. Also, the protein you eat should be a dense protein in a solid form, like grilled chicken. If you eat 3 ounces of dense protein every three to four hours, you probably won't get hungry in between, especially as you get more fill. For ease of comparison, three ounces of protein should be about the size of a deck of cards.

I follow a modified South Beach Diet kind of eating plan. Higher protein, lower glycemic carbs, and avoiding excess fat or sugars. It's working well for me, and I feel great. I'm not strict about it, but I do use common sense and willpower to stay on track. And I find if I eat carb-loaded meals, I get hungry sooner, and my weght loss stalls. Staying on course with my eating plan, exercising regularly, and giving my body time to adjust my metabolism to catch up with the changes I'm forcing on my system really helps keep my weght loss moving forward. The rest of the equation is to drink enough fluids every day, and get enough sleep every night. Everyone is different, and you'll have to sort out how your body responds to your lifestyle, and how you're feeding it.

Good luck!

Dave

Truthfully I am so tired of hearing that I have to track this and record that - I didn't sign up for weight watchers which is all about keeping track of "points".

I mean we had surgery-yes surgery-our bodies have incisions on them and we had a piece of plastic put inside around our stomach! It needs to do it's part too!!

I feel like I shouldn' have to wait months and months before the band starts having a significant effect on me and my ability to control portion size and satiety.

Oh it's so frustrating-I feel like I am doing my part the best of my ability-my kitchen is filled with diet friendly food and I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, even Zumba classes! I am at 3.5ccs in what I believe is a 10cc band.

Wow, I never knew the band could be such a slow process! I am hoping with a couple more fills my attitude will change and I'll have better control of my eating.

NJ Girl for you to think the band will do anything you were so misinformed. It will not stop you from over eating, it will not stop you from eating what you want. It may or may not stop your hunger. The band does about 10% of the work you do the other 90. You still have to watch your calorie intake no matter what. Even with any of the other bariatric surgeries its all about moderation and small amounts.

Wow, I never knew the band could be such a slow process! I am hoping with a couple more fills my attitude will change and I'll have better control of my eating.

I know, right? One of the hardest things (but probably the most important thing) a bandster needs to develop is patience. It's frustrating, because we all want the excess weight gone, and we want it gone now! But the reality is that it takes time for the band to be adjusted to the person's individual requirements, and for things to start working as advertised. There's a reason it's called an "adjustable" band.

However, I can tell you that if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be sitting here more than a hundred pounds lighter this Summer, compared to last Summer - well, that's a lot of weight lost in a pretty short amount of time. I'd have been very happy with that kind of schedule. So hang in there, keep working the plan, and give things a chance to work right for you. When it begins to work as expected, the weight will go away once and for all, and you're going to be thrilled at the progress. And I don't know about you, but I can live with that. "Slow and steady" and so forth. ;)

Dave

I know, right? One of the hardest things (but probably the most important thing) a bandster needs to develop is patience. It's frustrating, because we all want the excess weight gone, and we want it gone now! But the reality is that it takes time for the band to be adjusted to the person's individual requirements, and for things to start working as advertised. There's a reason it's called an "adjustable" band.

However, I can tell you that if someone had told me a year ago that I'd be sitting here more than a hundred pounds lighter this Summer, compared to last Summer - well, that's a lot of weight lost in a pretty short amount of time. I'd have been very happy with that kind of schedule. So hang in there, keep working the plan, and give things a chance to work right for you. When it begins to work as expected, the weight will go away once and for all, and you're going to be thrilled at the progress. And I don't know about you, but I can live with that. "Slow and steady" and so forth. ;)

Dave

Dave-thanks so much for the encourage and congratualtions on losing so much weight!! I do read success stories so I know it's possible!!

NJ Girl for you to think the band will do anything you were so misinformed. It will not stop you from over eating, it will not stop you from eating what you want. It may or may not stop your hunger. The band does about 10% of the work you do the other 90. You still have to watch your calorie intake no matter what. Even with any of the other bariatric surgeries its all about moderation and small amounts.

I think it's suppose to do more than 10% - I mean seriously!

It IS suppose to help your hunger or at the very least help you control it.

If it didn't do anything then why would everyone be getting the surgery?