Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yogurt Parfait or Protein Drink Recipes?

I know I should probably check the food area for this, but I usually don't find much updated material there. I need a good morning Protein Drink or Protein packed yogurt parfait recipe for Breakfast. My usual Protein drinks are the ones that are already mixed and low carb EAS or Myoplex...YUCK! I am also not a fan of the greek yogurt. IMO, the greek yogurt tastes like eating sour cream by the spoon full, even with added flavor....YUCK! I just can't stomach it anymore.

In the past, I've tried mixing Protein powder with Water and frozen fruits. Again...YUCK! The flavor of powder I had then was vanilla and it came from GNC. To be honest, I just don't prefer the taste of any protein supplement. Even so, since my last fill, I am super tight in the morning and can't get enough protein in through something like Egg Beaters.

Any Protein Drink or yogurt parfait recipes would be appreciated.

I happen to love the Myoplex :) That being said, did you try cottage cheese? It is packed with Protein. Also, I dont add anything to my Chobani but a packet of equal and it miraculously tastes just like regular yogurt. Sometimes adding less is more! :) Good luck

DarleneRN posted this one a few days back and ever since then I have it every morning for breakfast instead of going to Planet smoothie for 6 bucks a day.

I'd say it is about a 30 oz smoothie when blended. It is a lot lower in calories too. I logged it into My Fitness Pal and it is about 275 calories and 18 Protein and it has all the veggies and fruits! It is really good!

P.S.---I completely agree with you on Greek Yogurt sour cream all the way. I now use it as a sour cream replacement. Also I am too tight in the AM too. Anyway I promise this is a sweet fruitful flavor not a wheat grass or Vitamin kinda flavor!!:D

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt

2 tbsp Splenda

2 tbsp fat free evaporated milk

1small banana (frozen when possible)

1 small peach (peeled and sliced)

2 strawberries

2 1/2 cups fresh bagged spinach

1/2 cup ice

I also drink the EAS carbsmart shakes. TO get that extra packed Protein Shake in,One thing I started doing for the mornings is taking one cup of frozen strawberries, 1 half banana, and 1 container of greek yogurt and pour in 1 whole Eas Protein shake, and 2packets of splenda! .I blend it together until smooth and it is DELICIOUS!!! Its extra creamy and reminds me of a milk shake! the first one I made I used strawberry bannana greek yogurt and a strawberry protein shake. but the second one I used the Plain Greek yogurt (which by itself really is like a sour cream substance! lol) and the frozen strawberries and banana and a Vanilla shake! both were REALLY Good!! I had to keep recalculating the nutrional info bc I was convinced that something that tasted that good had to be not so good for you! well I did a rough estimate and it has about 32g of protein,22g carbs (6 from yogurt 3 from the protein shake and 13 from the half of banana) and roughly 260 calories. It isnt the Greatest nutrution wise, but its not the absolute worst either. I think I will work on making it a bit healthier. Maybe using banana extract instead of a real bannana since thats where a lot of the calories and carbs are coming from. or maybe add in sugar free banana pudding mix! that will bring it to about 31g protein about 9g carbs and 210 calories.either way it is a delicious way to get fruit servings,protein and the benefits of yogurt! and it is SUPER satisfying! I stay full for hours! and bc it tastes like a milk shake,I feel like IM cheating but im not :-)

I have chobani fat free greek yoghurt with fruit, 1/2 scoop whey isolate Protein powder, 2 teaspoons flavorless benefiber, splendra to taste, and 1/3 cup high protein Kashi go lean. Splendra is really the key for me as greek yoghurt is pretty sour. I do find if you have the 2% instread of fat free it is not as sour.

I use MUSCLE MILK LIGHT, then blend fresh Strawberries in Vanilla or strawberry Milkshake. The fruit Boosts up the flavor, and you get your Protein.< /p>