Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks post lap band op, and......

SOooo... the recovery to surgery has been TOUGH and today I found out why it seems I have been sicker than most people have said they have been. I mean 4 weeks post op most people are excercising and feeling nearly back to normal right? Well I havnt. I have had constant nausea... feel so weak and so tired and have no energy at all, cant stomach much of anything and my gag reflex is super sensitive now.... so I went to see my surgeon today thinking maybe i had a slip.. They did an upper GI and said my band looks perfect. Said maybe its my gal bladder, then jokingly said "or maybe your pregnant."

Being that I have tried to get pregnant for the last 15 years and underwent fertility treatments for nearly 8 years off and on, and adopted my son, I start to obsess about the thoughts of being pregnant when someone says something like that. So to stop the insanity in my brain I take a test to prove its negative and get my brain back to reality. So today thats what I did... took 4 test actualy... because one after another they all said POSITIVE! I am in complete and total shock. Based on my cycle this puts be between 6 and 8 weeks pregnant.. which means i was pregnant before surgery! I know they tested me so how is this possible? Havnt been up to much "action" since surgery so pretty positive it was before... I never would have dreamed this is even possible. I gave up on that dream years ago after I adopted my son. But 4 test cant all be wrong can they???

So from what I read its of course not in my best interest to be pregnant now that Ive just been banded, but who am I to argue with a God who has performed a COMPLETE MIRACLE??? I of course have concerns and plan to talk to my surgeon and see my OBGYM ASAP, but figured it should wait till morning... Guess that explains why I have felt so sick.....

Anyways, anyone else heard of such craziness?????

OMG, that's crazy! They did a pregnancy test at the hospital before surgery and it was negative? Are you sure on the math? Get yourself to both doctors immediately. I hope everything turns out well for you. G_d works in mysterious ways! Congrats!

I just replied to your other thread and I guess my question has been answered (the question being did they do a pregnancy test pre-op). One of two things happened: A. Someone screwed up. or B. Considering it would have been very early, your HCG levels may not have been high enough to detect pregnancy. Although, considering it was done at a hospital (and I'm assuming by blood draw) I'm leaning toward option A. In any case, congrats to you and make sure you keep yourself closely monitored during this pregnancy! Gosh, I couldn't even imagine being pregnant a month after surgery. That's crazy! But wonderful too. God has blessed you for sure! And on a positive note, the band will probably keep you from gaining too much weight during pregnancy, and will make it easier to take off the post-baby pounds. :)

Wow! There was probably too little preggo hormones in your urine to test positive pre-op.

Congratulations!! I wish you an uneventful pregnancy. It truely is a blessing! :)

WOW! Congratulations to you! What a blessing for your family....hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy!

Wow! That is crazy! and a miracle. Good luck to you

Congratulations! Considering your trials with infertility I'm sure you are ecstatic :)

If you are 4 weeks post op and 6-8 weeks pg, you would have been having surgery around the time of your period, right? Could easily have been too early to detect. Just in case you are worried, I had general anaesthesia when my 8yo was just barely there...they thought he was ectopic because they couldn't see him on the ultrasound. Since I had a history of ectopic pg's I had the laparoscopy and they discovered that he was not ectopic and I spent the next couple of weeks worrying my butt off that the anaesthesia would cause me to miscarry. But he's 8 now and fine. Get yourself to a doctor and find out what to do asap, definitely find out about appropriate vitamins! And enjoy your pregnancy while you are at it :)

HOORAY!!!!!!

Mamma, you are so lucky. :) I had a nutritionist tell me once that many of her overweight clients who have fertility issues become "extremely fertile" immediately after loosing weight. looks like you lost 25 lbs already. Maybe that helped you get preggers.

Anyways, try to enjoy your pregnancy!!! It can be pretty rough, the first three months, but usually the second trimester gets easier for people. Hugs!

there is a woman in my support group who had the exact same thing happen. You won't be able to get a fill, but it will all be ok.

Thanks everyone for your sweet support! I called my surgeon and went to see my OBGYN today and sure enough I am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. so lets round it up and say 7 weeks :) My due date is March 22. He did an ultra sound and I got to hear the heart beat already! I just layed there crying my eyes out. I gave up on dreaming I would ever expirence this, years ago. The idea was so far from my mind and before I married my husband (on April fools day this year) I made him promise he was okay with not having any more children. (My son is adopted and he has a 5 year old) He of course said "your not God, so you cant say its impossible" but in my mind It was impossible. I still am having a hard time figuring it out, but have decided I dont have to, its done! Doc said baby is in the right spot, has a strong heartbeat and everything looks good so far!

Now just have to figure out how to keep those Vitamins down!!!

*Sidenote, I weighed in at 248 yesterday before finding out this shocking news and thought to myself, I will never have to be over 250 again.... guess Im wrong, but im okay with it! WOW!

284278_2247282107404_1408732064_2653419_1288621_n.jpg

Here S/He is! My little raspberry!

Congradulations hopeing all good things for you God is wonderful~

Wow, I got tears in my eyes reading this post. This is so amazing! Bless you and your little one!Angel_anim.gif

Me too! I'm ballin' like a baby here. What a wonderful WONDERFUL gift! Congrats to you and your husband, Kimiky... enjoy every special moment of that life growing inside of you. God is Good! :)

Wow, I got tears in my eyes reading this post. This is so amazing! Bless you and your little one!Angel_anim.gif